Author Topic: My families medical adventures  (Read 4876 times)

htimreimer

My families medical adventures
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »
i gonna let out some steam and you guys can comment if you want to:two and a half years ago i cut my toe by the vary edge my nail and i still have it and now it some times smells like rotten eggs and i need a foot doctor and because i live in canada i expect free  but its not it cost 75 dollers for one appointment and guess what they sad its "a minor cut" so my dad had to call patient advocacy to tell them that its not a minor cut and now i get it for free also now i have to wait for june or july for a appointment
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:47:25 pm by matt »

Re: this is not a minor cut
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:39 pm »
smells like rotten eggs

ಠ_ಠ

So much wtf going on here.

htimreimer

Re: this is not a minor cut
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »
smells like rotten eggs

ಠ_ಠ

So much wtf going on here.
thats not the worst  part every time i remove my bandage the  bandage is slimy and i have peeling skin on my toe

my mom lived with a exploded appendix for 6 weeks and lived and now she is in medical books

desocietas

Re: My families medical adventures
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 06:09:26 pm »
Whoa, not proper reading for after lunch :X
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »
At least this topic made it into the proper place on the first try :)

Your toe isn't healing because of either 1) bacteria, 2) fungus or 3) because you're walking on it and the cut can't properly close.

I'm betting it's bacteria. Pour peroxide on that bad boy to clean it out and then fill in the cut with neosporin. Let the peroxide do it's thing for ~ 5 minutes before putting on the neosporin. Wrap a bandaid or whatever around the cut then put tape around the bandage tight enough so that the cut doesn't open every time you take a step.

Take the bandage off and repeat those steps twice a day until it either heals or you get in to see the doctor. Wounds need to stay moist and clean to heal properly.

I'm no doctor but I think that's what you should be doing until you get in to see one.

I've officially taken care of my good dead for the month of April.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »
Ummm just go to a hospital and they will take care of it. You are in Canada they won't charge you! I find this whole thing hard to believe.

Now for your gammer I would suggest going for school upgrading, probably starting at grade 6.

madmax

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:35 am »
Hospitals in Canada will cover that stuff no problem. The only issue is the waiting lines in hospitals but if you've dealt with it for a long time, waiting a few hours at the hospital isn't a big deal.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 12:07:59 am »
The trick is to find less popular hospitals. We have one here that we have to drive about 40 minutes to get to, but no one ever goes there so you have much lower wait times so it's worth the extra drive.

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 12:12:22 am »
Hospitals in Canada will cover that stuff no problem. The only issue is the waiting lines in hospitals but if you've dealt with it for a long time, waiting a few hours at the hospital isn't a big deal.

There's a joke in Japan (also socialized healthcare), goes sorta like this:

An older woman walks into her local clinic and finds a place to sit beside another older woman. They sit for a moment, then the first looks to the second and asks, "Where's Mrs. Johnson today?" The other responds, "She couldn't come to the clinic today, she's sick."

Basically, the big drawback to socialized healthcare is that everyone goes for everything and can't handle waiting in the lines when they actually need care. On the other hand, I had a Japanese roommate that flew back to Japan to have two crowns done because it was cheaper to get her plane ticket home than it was to have it done in the U.S.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:18 am »
Ummm just go to a hospital and they will take care of it. You are in Canada they won't charge you! I find this whole thing hard to believe.

Now for your gammer I would suggest going for school upgrading, probably starting at grade 6.
every hospital i go to tells me its a minor cut

sorry for my gammer having adhd,add and bipolar my gammer gets affected by it

madmax

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 01:59:57 am »

*grammar

If it's a minor cut, you should go with peroxide or alcohol to disinfect it. It'll heal right up :)

htimreimer

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 02:03:10 am »

*grammar

If it's a minor cut, you should go with peroxide or alcohol to disinfect it. It'll heal right up :)

i have tried all of that it dose nothing

jcalder8

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:04:16 am »

*grammar
Yeah I deserved getting called out on that one!

Even if it is a minor cut tell them how long you have been dealing with it for and they will do testing for you to see why.

htimreimer

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:08:21 am »

*grammar
Yeah I deserved getting called out on that one!

Even if it is a minor cut tell them how long you have been dealing with it for and they will do testing for you to see why.
am finally getting treatment in june after fighting the medical system

here is more bullcrap a therapies diagnose cerebral palsy when i was 10 but me and my parents did not about it on till now 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:23:01 am by htimreimer »

killerchameleon

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:04 am »
 I see what your problem is, you were suppose to drink the alcohol and forget about that toe until your next appointment.