Author Topic: Dragon's Crown  (Read 6918 times)

desocietas

Re: Dragon's Crown
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »
Gah, those Dragon's Crown character designs... they're like Reverse Liefeld!

Hah, yeah, there was also this: http://kotaku.com/5905619/this-busty-fighters-giant-thighs-might-be-too-much-for-innocent-american-eyes

I guess that explains the odd choice of artwork they have up on the site so far... And on the Amazon site, the gallery is just full of pictures of the background...

I'm all into character design, but I'm just curious about the person/group who designed these characters.  Was there a girl in the room at all during any of these sketchups?  Maybe just for the female elf?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »
The mage doesn't seem to be that weird (I mean really, a witch's outfit with huge boobs, nothing out of the ordinary for Japan.)

The Amazon is what really strikes me as odd. The emphasis on her legs. It's very uncommon.

Also I thought their main character designer was female.

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:36 pm »
Also I thought their main character designer was female.

I actually wasn't sure, but I think it might be this guy:

http://www.giantbomb.com/george-kamitani/72-91082/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 01:04:38 am »
On the other hand, XSEED now aren't publishing Grand Knights History because Vanillaware is stretched too thin with Dragon's Crown.

scott

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 11:39:12 am »
Altus emailed these videos of the gameplay for Dwarf and Elf. I have to say, I'm really excited for this game now.

Elf

Dwarf
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 01:15:58 pm »
Yeah, I'm really hoping there's a price drop after E3/the PS4 conference so I can pick up a PS3 at a discount to play this game at launch.

Probably won't happen in time, but still excited to drool over those artbooks...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »
I really didnt like the art style at first, but after watching the trailer like 6 or 7 times I went and pre-ordered it. I guess it just grew on me.

scott

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »
I got the PS3 version and am really liking it so far. I'm maybe 1.5 hours into the game and playing as the Elf, it's really nice having a full party of NPCs but at the same time the screen gets really cluttered at times. It doesn't help that I'm playing on a 27" screen across a room, so it's a really small image to be looking at.

Who else picked it up? And which version did you get? What are you playing as?

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 01:33:33 pm »
I need to locate a copy this weekend, I watched about 20 minutes of some 4 player action on twitch.  I might have to pull out Guardian Heroes until I find it!

jobocan

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »
I got the Vita version, playing as the elf. I'm something like 8 hours in, in the slightly grindier part of the game. Really enjoying it so far. The Vita version has minor slowdown when you have a wizard and a sorceress filling the screen with spells, but it's not a big issue. I really like the whole loot-finding aspect of it.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »
Played a few hours of this last night with a friend on his PS3 through local co-op (which thankfully is only "unlocked" after completing the simple tutorial stage).  We were both a little annoyed with various interface things (menus, the pointer thing [which I'm not interested in testing out in the Vita version one day], etc.) but all in all we laughed a lot and thought the artwork and some of the stuff that happened was pretty neat.

We still don't quite understand some of the aspects of the game, but we're looking forward to discovering things as we play.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 10:22:35 pm »
I keep wanting to play this. What is the general consensus on this game? To me it looks like Baldur's gate meets Gauntlet with cool graphics.

scott

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 12:27:04 am »
I've compared it more to Golden Axe meets the D&D Arcade games.

soera

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 12:39:09 am »
Hrmm. I could see me playing this. :)

scott

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 08:31:26 am »
Ya it's more side scrolling beat em up with lots of loot and RPG-style character progression, than adventure hack n slash. Though there is a narrator telling you the story as you go too.