Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021  (Read 66816 times)

aliensstudios

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021
« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2021, 12:38:00 pm »
Based on the standard EU variant now being in attila's collection, I would assume that the entry was merged. As far as by who, activity times make that deduction fairly easy, but I'm not here to try to point fingers at anyone while instead just asking why it was merged to begin with. That this ordeal involved a perfectly acceptable entry created by a brand new user on their first day was bothersome to me is all.

Impara con Pokémon: Avventura Tra I Tasti

It was merged. Before your edits were seen it was titled: "Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure" which is the same as this item: 34382 - so it got merged with that item. The entry was not "perfectly acceptable" until you edited it, but by the time your edits were seen, the item was already merged. It's an honest mistake.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

62gaming

PRO Supporter

« Reply #496 on: March 16, 2021, 04:15:47 am »
I try to only use my own images but I noticed that Pokemon: Edicion Roja had the wrong box art, it's currently using the Latin American variant as opposed to the Spanish one so I uploaded the correct images, which are pending.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:06:31 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #497 on: March 16, 2021, 11:06:21 am »
I try to only use my own images but I noticed that Pokemon: Edicion Roja had the wrong box art, it's currently using the Latin American variant as opposed to the Spanish one so I uploaded the correct images, which are pending.

That is an example of where someone added a NA game to EU category. So it has been moved to NA category and merged with the dupe you made. You can add the EU version now since it is missing.

dhaabi

« Reply #498 on: March 17, 2021, 05:46:37 pm »
Empty

Danchi Wife - Hitozuma Nude Model no Kenshin - PC [JP][/url]
Self-censorship.

Makai (18+) - PC [JP][/url]
Self-censorship.

Manguri (18+) - PC [JP][/url]
Self-censorship.

Star Fox - Super Nintendo [NA]
1, 2
Shouldn't these both be merged with 128810?

Swan Song (18+) - PC [JP][/url]
Self-censorship.

Watch Dogs: Legion - Xbox One [NA]
Standard version released exclusively for Xbox Series X.

Welcome Park - PlayStation Vita [EU][/url]
Pre-installed software.

Windows PC - Hardware [EU][/url]

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:50:16 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #499 on: March 18, 2021, 10:53:32 am »
The gray "nsfw" images are not self censorship, they are the "art" on the GameFAQs entries.

Star Fox 2 games are bootlegs. Only merged one. Left the two with actual pictures of different carts (you didn't link the other one). There is a few "limited" releases but those are not in the db currently.

Notice that users tend to set release type as "Unreleased" or "Homebrew" for bootleg games.

Watch Dogs Legion is an Xbox One game optimized for Xbox Series X. So the dupe has been merged and moved into Xbox One category. I put in the relevant box text.

dhaabi

« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2021, 05:03:20 pm »
Watch Dogs Legion is an Xbox One game optimized for Xbox Series X. So the dupe has been merged and moved into Xbox One category. I put in the relevant box text.

For use only with Xbox One or newer consoles with optical drive.

Should all Xbox titles with this information on the packaging be classified as Xbox One then? Of the titles currently in the Xbox Series X [NA] category, 17 other entries are like this. Meanwhile, 4 items in the category instead clearly state "For use only with Xbox Series X consoles." The remaining entries are upcoming releases.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:07:50 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2021, 01:02:31 am »
Oops I submitted a game disc image for this version of Alice Madness Returns (https://vgcollect.com/item/16727) and just realized I pick the wrong one.  It should be for the Canadian version (https://vgcollect.com/item/69323)

If you can switch it over that would be good but if not I'll just resubmit later.

Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:40:51 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2021, 09:41:17 am »
Removed disc art from 16727. Resubmit the art to the other entry.

tripredacus

« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2021, 09:47:13 am »

Should all Xbox titles with this information on the packaging be classified as Xbox One then? Of the titles currently in the Xbox Series X [NA] category, 17 other entries are like this. Meanwhile, 4 items in the category instead clearly state "For use only with Xbox Series X consoles." The remaining entries are upcoming releases.

From here:
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10837.msg178154.html#msg178154

Just that Watch Dogs Legion falls under the "Games where another platform is marked as compatible" section and matches to the same situation that The Little Pictures Dark Hope example shows. I think that where the platform/compatibility information is on a cover is going to greatly depend on the publisher. As we have seen some have it right on the front, while on this Watch Dogs game it is kind of hidden on the back, although it does have it on the bullet point.

For XBox One / Xbox One X in generally it would appear that (so far) whether a game is Xbox One with forwards compatibility or is an Xbox Series X with backwards compatibility is signified by which of the two consoles appears "first" on the black box on the front cover.

Gears Tactics has "Xbox Series X | Xbox One" on the cover
Little Hope has "Xbox One | Xbox Series X" on the cover

If this order of the consoles on the cover does actually match up to whatever is in the fine print on the back covers (or front covers) then we can instruct people to use that to determine where games should go to make it easier.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:48:47 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2021, 11:04:40 am »

From here:

Just that Watch Dogs Legion falls under the "Games where another platform is marked as compatible" section and matches to the same situation that The Little Pictures Dark Hope example shows. I think that where the platform/compatibility information is on a cover is going to greatly depend on the publisher. As we have seen some have it right on the front, while on this Watch Dogs game it is kind of hidden on the back, although it does have it on the bullet point.

For XBox One / Xbox One X in generally it would appear that (so far) whether a game is Xbox One with forwards compatibility or is an Xbox Series X with backwards compatibility is signified by which of the two consoles appears "first" on the black box on the front cover.

If this order of the consoles on the cover does actually match up to whatever is in the fine print on the back covers (or front covers) then we can instruct people to use that to determine where games should go to make it easier.

The back cover for "Xbox Series X | Xbox One"-front cover Gears Tactics features back text "For use only with Xbox One or newer consoles with optical drive." Example 2. Example 3. Example 4.

Since identifying the four items I mentioned in my previous post that feature back text "For use only with Xbox Series X consoles," I'm now also realizing that they all four strictly only feature "Xbox Series X" on the front cover label. Example 1. Example 2. Example 3. Example 4.

So, it seems that only Xbox titles that strictly are only labeled as "Xbox Series X" should be categorized as Xbox Series X. Right?

tripredacus

« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2021, 12:53:04 pm »

From here:

The back cover for "Xbox Series X | Xbox One"-front cover Gears Tactics features back text "For use only with Xbox One or newer consoles with optical drive." Example 2. Example 3. Example 4.

Since identifying the four items I mentioned in my previous post that feature back text "For use only with Xbox Series X consoles," I'm now also realizing that they all four strictly only feature "Xbox Series X" on the front cover label. Example 1. Example 2. Example 3. Example 4.

So, it seems that only Xbox titles that strictly are only labeled as "Xbox Series X" should be categorized as Xbox Series X. Right?

It is looking that way. :\

I really wish we had a better way of being able to organize these things that didn't rely on us having to peg them into a single category.

pzeke

« Reply #506 on: March 19, 2021, 05:56:27 pm »
I really wish we had a better way of being able to organize these things that didn't rely on us having to peg them into a single category.

These type of releases could be categorized under the console they're for, and have it so that they could also go under the second platform they're playable on. In other words, have "Little Hope" go under both "Xbox One [NA]" and "Xbox Series X [NA]", as in the entry showing it's for both.

In the end, though, this is another instance where the description could easily show this information.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2021, 10:02:18 am »
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (this one is a goof on my part as I submitted the wrong Item Number for my edit but the item number listed does not appear on the packaging and has dashes)
https://vgcollect.com/item/163228

Sayonara Wild Hearts
https://vgcollect.com/item/167346

Table Top Racing: Nitro Edition
https://vgcollect.com/item/191979

Rejected edits on these three for item numbers. Edits removed dashes that DO NOT appear on the packaging (dashes only show on carts). Double checked the Style Guide to be sure and saw this...

The item number is for an identifying number that exists on the packaging.
It should be enters as it appears with exception to Sony item numbers which must follow this format: XXXX-NNNNN, using the hyphen even if it is not present.

Maybe an Oxford comma might help or perhaps break that down into two sentences? I read it as only Sony BLUS/SLUS/Etc. get the hyphen but all others don't unless it appears that way.

Sisters Royale (EU)
https://vgcollect.com/item/187960

Lode Runner Legacy (EU)
https://vgcollect.com/item/187161

Rejections on these item numbers are a little more peculiar as I wasn't completely sure which Item number is the "parent" one. I tried adding the TSA-HAC one in the Description field for Sisters Royale and swapping/adding it for Lode Runner but those got rejected. The regular HAC with dashes for Sisters Royale got approved. I went and looked at other SLG titles in my collection and it's a mix of the TSA-HAC, regular, or no Item number.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:40:39 am by tripredacus »

Flashback2012

« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2021, 10:15:42 am »
Also, I received an e-mail a little bit ago about release dates for LRG titles. I looked over the Style Guide and it DOES make mention that we're not supposed to put initial available as the release date but in the case of these niche online sellers I think an exception should be made. I imagine that will go over with mods about as well as a fart in church and I can't recall any major discussion about this (honestly I didn't dig too deep  :P).

Point being, we'll NEVER be able to have accurate to-the-day releases for these unless we're able to pester those publishers for the exact days when they started shipping product out (if they even have that info, tell us to pound sand, or even respond to begin with). Seems like it would a LOT less hassle if we went by first available date (which alot of us can verify using e-mails from order confirmations) but again...I'm fully anticipating a fart-in-church response.  :P

Bearing that in mind, their whole line (along with SLG/SRG/Hard Copy, Iam8bit and damn near all the others) will need edits to blank out the Month/Day and leave only the year as that's the only one we can be certain of. It's going to make for a bunch of now incomplete entries but them's the breaks, right?  :-*

dhaabi

« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2021, 11:30:03 am »
Point being, we'll NEVER be able to have accurate to-the-day releases for these unless we're able to pester those publishers for the exact days when they started shipping product out (if they even have that info, tell us to pound sand, or even respond to begin with). Seems like it would a LOT less hassle if we went by first available date (which alot of us can verify using e-mails from order confirmations) but again...I'm fully anticipating a fart-in-church response.  :P

Bearing that in mind, their whole line (along with SLG/SRG/Hard Copy, Iam8bit and damn near all the others) will need edits to blank out the Month/Day and leave only the year as that's the only one we can be certain of. It's going to make for a bunch of now incomplete entries but them's the breaks, right?  :-*

This exchange and the post directly responding to it explain what information to supply for entries relating to online-exclusive titles that ship out at later dates. In short—if you don't know the specific date for which an item has been released, don't enter information into the field. That being said, all of these entries can still have be supplied with Month and Year information as they do eventually ship, which, honestly, is sufficient information for most items. This is better than entering blatant wrong information.