Author Topic: So i got the Gris printing plate from LRG!!!!!  (Read 2153 times)

So i got the Gris printing plate from LRG!!!!!
« on: May 14, 2020, 12:24:07 pm »
HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I DO?!?!?

I mean seriously, i like collecting games and the little cards that i get from LRG, but i just got the Gris printing plate?!?

I'm in a state of shock atm and i don't know what to do.
I'm not collecting the printing plates at all, and really never expected to get one, let alone for Gris of all games.
The Gris printing plate is super faint, since the card itself is very abstract and faint itself. Anyone who bought the game and got the card will understand what i mean.

I mean if i was going to sell it, what sort of price do you put on it?
What do i dooooooo?!?!?!    :o

telekill

Re: So i got the Gris printing plate from LRG!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »
What is a gris printing plate?

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 04:30:31 pm »

LRG make small collectible cards with each of their releases.
To make a set, they have to use what is called a 'printing plate'.
Essentially it's the thing they use to print an entire batch of cards, in this case i got the metal printing plate that was used to make the collectible cards for the game Gris.

There's only ever one printing plate per design, so i'm considering myself super lucky to even get one, let alone for a game like Gris!

The printing plate is for the card 588
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRIS-trading-card-and-art-cards-PlayStation-4-Limited-Run-games-588-/333585970745
That link is for the card, and what i have is the plate it was printed with  :)

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 04:30:47 pm »

Gris is a game. I'm guessing limited run adds cards, at least for this game. A printing plate is a one of a kind item, it's the original plate they used to make the card (There are usually a few printing plates per card, one for each color used in the printing process). So, the OP got a unique and rare item. As for value, whatever someone is willing to pay when it comes to something like that.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 07:33:11 pm »
Determining value for one-of-a-kind items is never easy. Looking at the few completed eBay listings for other LRG printing plates, the prices definitely vary but are all past the $100 mark. Truth be told, unless I desperately needed the money, I would keep it. It's definitely a collector's piece and something to tell others about when mentioning your collection.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:12:31 am »
Determining value for one-of-a-kind items is never easy. Looking at the few completed eBay listings for other LRG printing plates, the prices definitely vary but are all past the $100 mark. Truth be told, unless I desperately needed the money, I would keep it. It's definitely a collector's piece and something to tell others about when mentioning your collection.

To be perfectly honest, i was never really expecting to get a printing plate at all which is why i was in a state of shock when i wrote that first post.

As interesting as something like this would be to have in my collection, i'll be honest, there are plenty of other things that i'd much rather have in my collection.
I know that there are a few people collecting these printing plates (lord only knows why, how much money would you have to spend to get them all when there's only one for each card?!), so i think someone like that would appreciate it much more than would.

So i am seriously considering selling it,  but i'd like it to go to someone who is a collector of these printing plates or is a massive fan of Gris. I'd hate to sell this to someone, only to see it pop back up on eBay for an even higher price and snatch the possibility away from someone who really WANTS it .

If anyone on this site knows of anyone who's a big fan of Gris, or is a collector of the printing plates, please let me know  <3

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 09:50:02 am »
First plate huh?  8)

I don't have any of the LRG cards or plates. I only have plates for baseball and hockey cards.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 11:01:13 am »
Should share a pic of it!

I think theflea got one a while back, I've not seen many people posting that they got them.  I wanna say they sell for a lot (over $1k)

soera

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 12:44:00 pm »
Congrats! Gris is indeed a good one. I got a plate 4 or 5 months ago myself from one of the Kemco RPGs. :)

The resale is all over the place. No real way to judge what they are worth. :|

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 11:50:55 am »
Should share a pic of it!

I think theflea got one a while back, I've not seen many people posting that they got them.  I wanna say they sell for a lot (over $1k)

I'd love to take a picture of the plate, but i'll be perfectly honest with you, the plate itself is so barely visible that you'd have to have a magnifying glass to see most of the detail!
Honestly, it's one of the faintest plates i've seen. When you take a look at the card you'll see why:

The upper left is the card, just the title and a small lump (the main character) sat in a very abstract background.
As you can imagine with no colour on the metal printing plate, barely any of it is visible apart from the title (incredibly faint) and the small black lump. It took me quite a while to realise which one i'd got, since the package also held Blossom Tales Switch, Rocketbirds 2 Evolution PS4, Knights and Bikes PS4, Dark Devotion PS4 and Mary Skelter 2 Switch.

Also find it kinda weird that something that's possibly that valuable, is literally just thrown in loose in the box with all the other card art cards  :/
You would have thought they'd be put in a little plastic baggie to stop them from getting scratches, but nope!

I'll give taking a picture of it a go next to the original art card, but don't hold your breath expecting something magical  XD

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 12:27:50 pm »
Well here are the pictures, i'll just post all the ones i took because they all have varying degrees of quality and you can see certain parts of the plate in some pics but not others: