Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 35397 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »
I'm a big metal-fan myself :P

I'm curious now to see who was on the soundtrack for the game...

R.I.P. Rhandy Rhoads!

(Imo); Rhandy's *STILL* the best!!!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »
Got stuff today!

Just received Umihara Kawase and Rockman & Forte, both on Super Famicom. Both games I've been wanting for a while, so yay!

(and I didn't mention it when I got Diablo 3 (duh) and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 earlier this week, blah :P)

blipcs76

« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »
We had our garage sale today and I parted with some NES and Genesis doubles.  I also unloaded my project Super Sprint arcade cabinet and it's going to a good home, so I'm happy with that.

After our sale closed, I checked CL to see if there were any good sales in the area and I found one nearby with NES stuff, so we hurried over there and I came home with a dozen boxes and about 20 or so manuals, plus a NES Action Set box.  Most of the boxes are in pristine condition!  I'm very pleased with my finds today.

foxhack

« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »
I just won a free copy of Silver at a GOG.com forum giveaway.

darko

« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2012, 01:33:02 am »
Picked up a few things tonight.

jcalder8

« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2012, 01:54:47 am »
Nice pickups darko, I love finding Saturn games and those look to be in good condition.

darko

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2012, 01:56:01 am »
They're in decent shape. The cases need some cleaning and I'm going to have the discs resurfaced, but other than that I'm happy!

scott

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2012, 09:23:33 am »
Nice gets on the Saturn games. Love when I happen upon them in the wild.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2012, 10:55:20 am »
I walked into Goodwill yesterday and I found this in their showcase:

I have never actually seen one for sale so I figured that I would ask to take a look at it. I called someone over and they brought out all the games. I thought I would try my luck and see if I could get a discount on it. I ask the cashier if it's the right price, she looks at it and bursts out laughing. She shows it to the other cashiers and they start to laugh too. She asks me to wait and she runs off to the back to see if the price is right. I figured that she was going to talk to the guy who priced it and say that the price was right or worse yet he was going to come out and he was going to tell me about how "it sells for 150 on ebay" and that I am getting a deal. When she comes back in about a minute she shows me the back and I get it for a bit better price:

Going from $65 down to $5 I'd say that it was worthwhile asking. I have wanted this game for at least 5 or 6 years so to finally have it made my week or month. Now I just need to find some time to actually play it!

soera

« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
You got lucky ... when I found my Zelda board game, it was at a thrift store marked 49.99. I tried the same approach (I walked to the counter and asked the guy if it was supposed to be 4.99 and that someone messed up) and the dipshit proceeds to pull out his phone and says "Lets google this game". I was like dude, its a thrift store ... if I wanted to buy things from Ebay, I wouldnt be in your store right now. He then tells me that its 200.00 on Ebay and that 49.99 was a great price. Some old bitch was standing at the end of the counter (not even an employee, just some noisy old whore) and tells him that she thinks 49.99 was a perfect price. I wanted to smack the hell out of both of them.

But I bought it anyhow. :(

amauriel

« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »
I haven't really thrifted much this year, since I've been super busy. Today, we headed down to the dirt mall flea market that we rarely get to.

First thing in the door, I pick up Daedalian Opus for the Gameboy - $10. Might be a bit high, but I'd never seen it in the wild, and it had the box.

Then, in the strangest twist of fate ever, we find this booth with a Korean lady selling Japanese DS games. I asked her if she had the boxes for any of them (all my DS games are complete) and she starts digging out boxes.

I ended up with Sakura Note, the Japanese version of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and Ni no Kuni. Total cost for those: $35. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic...especially now that Ni no Kuni is not going to be released for the DS internationally.

"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »
I ended up with Sakura Note, the Japanese version of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and Ni no Kuni. Total cost for those: $35. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic...especially now that Ni no Kuni is not going to be released for the DS internationally.
I love finding random stuff like that.

Did Ni No Kuni come with the book too?

amauriel

« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »
No book, but $15 after shipping for the book on eBay still makes the game much cheaper than it would have been getting it imported by normal means.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:01 pm »
I just traded for a "Resonance" preorder at GOG. I ended up saving about six bucks.

Now I only have to wait a month for the game to be released. :\

madmax

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2012, 01:11:14 am »
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!