Author Topic: Your Specializations/Areas of Expertise?  (Read 8959 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Your Specializations/Areas of Expertise?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »
Well, mine is a bit more specific. My main spot would be PS1 RPGs. Ive spent a long time collecting them and know a fair share about them. I also know NES and, of course, Dragon warrior/quest stuff. :) I did spend quite a bit of time on SMS as well.

Cool...you may be able to help me clear something up then :P

As I was adding the PS1 versions of LUNAR: SSSC & LUNAR 2: EB...I noticed that my version of the 1st one was the "Armen Madirossian" Fan art version.

Now, I remember hearing (iirc) that there were 4(?) different Fan art versions of that game released.

Can you confirm/clear this up?

Also, would each Fan art version have a different SLUS # and Barcode #?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 05:15:33 pm »
http://www.lunar-net.com/sssc/armen.php

Thanks.

I actually found another (more-detailed) listing for it on Game Rave.

Apparently, my copy has the exact same SLUS # (...just with a "D" added to the end of it).

I wasn't able to find any 'comparison values' of the "regular" edition vs the "fan art" edition...do you have any idea?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 05:17:40 pm »
I wouldn't call myself and expert, but my strongest suit is anything NES related.  Let me say, most of my knowledge is about the games and accessories.  I don't know much about history, wiring, or technical stuff.   

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »
My most knowledgeable systems are the NES (which I no longer collect for) and the Saturn, expanding into imports.  I've also done entirely too much research on Castlevania, Working Designs and anything Shining Force.

htimreimer

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:42 pm »
for me

tycoon games
rare And obscure computers and consoles

soera

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »
Thanks.

Apparently, my copy has the exact same SLUS # (...just with a "D" added to the end of it).

I wasn't able to find any 'comparison values' of the "regular" edition vs the "fan art" edition...do you have any idea?

There are not any different price values for the different pictures on the disks (Just like the Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn can have the image of any of the 3 girls on it).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 05:34:43 pm »
Thanks.

There are not any different price values for the different pictures on the disks (Just like the Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn can have the image of any of the 3 girls on it).

Yeah...that's what I would have guessed.

pacpix

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »
I know a lot about the overall history of games.  The only systems I know a lot about though are the Nintendo systems and Atari 2600.  As far as series go I know a lot about Pac-Man and Zelda.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:34 pm »
Thanks.

Some do have different values, for example Albert Odyssey.  The Disc with Gryzz only tends to fetch about $20 more that the group art version

scott

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »
I know that the various disc variants for Dragon Force also snag different values. I believe the moat pricey of the 4 is the one featuring the dragon on it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 10:42:20 pm »
Specialization? Probably NES... Not very original :P

I'd say I don't exactly have a specialization, I just know random stuff about many systems as long as it's not retro computers. I'll say it's not too hard to find games I'm not aware of on almost any given system.
I've also been studying various aspects of gaming history... for the lulz.

darko

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:50 pm »
Thanks.

Some do have different values, for example Albert Odyssey.  The Disc with Gryzz only tends to fetch about $20 more that the group art version

This entire conversation reminds me why I don't collect variants!

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »
I'm very experienced in buying selling diagnosing and restoring pinball machines. If anyone should have a question or be in the market for a machine, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Also fairly knowledgeable about Neo Geo, both home and arcade units. Not a pro, just a huge fan.

I'll trade you one Mario Bros wide body in um...project condition...for an awesome 1990s pinball machine. You'll have to figure out a delivery system though, as my car is not suited for such endeavors.

I might trade you a boxed copy of PIN*BOT for NES for your Mario Bros. machine as it sits now ;) No but seriously....you aren't getting one of my pins :) But I can certainly help you find one, and restore it! For a nominal fee of course...my expertise can't possibly come for free :)
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 11:38:22 pm »
Thanks.

This entire conversation reminds me why I don't collect variants!

AGREED! F*ck that noise!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.