Author Topic: LFG: Diablo III players  (Read 7793 times)

madmax

Re: LFG: Diablo III players
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 04:48:32 am »
I just started a witch Doctor, all the pets are really fun to play around with :) Almost level 10.

After a few of my auctions sell, I'll be able to gear up my Barb for act 2 inferno. Unfortunately my build revolved around attack speed and they are nerfing it by about 50% :/

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:25 pm »
ah, that's bad news for my monk too

jobocan

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »
Blizzard seriously need to stop nerfing stuff. I can't even survive Act 2 Inferno with my Demon Hunter anymore... Right now all I can attempt to do is stacking defense and resistance to be able to stand more than a single hit from the first couple enemies in the act (I have 38k HP, and I'm getting hit for 69k of damage, winning!), but I'd like to not do that because I'm quite liking my 18k DPS (though I won't say no to a better crossbow).

In other news, I got my very first Set Item (by breaking a rock in Act 1 on Inferno!), so, since it's better than any other I've seen on the RMAH, I figured I'd attempt to see if people actually spend completely insane amounts of actual money on items on the thing... Might as well, though I'm guessing not.

desocietas

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 02:29:42 am »
Finally beat the game tonight with my friend, so moving on to later difficulties and better gear.

Time to start grinding and collecting resources.

In other news, I got my very first Set Item (by breaking a rock in Act 1 on Inferno!), so, since it's better than any other I've seen on the RMAH, I figured I'd attempt to see if people actually spend completely insane amounts of actual money on items on the thing... Might as well, though I'm guessing not.

Nice!  I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.  And yeah, give the RMAH a try; I've just been throwing random things in there to see if anyone will bite.  Doesn't hurt!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 02:47:50 am »
Right now all I can attempt to do is stacking defense and resistance to be able to stand more than a single hit from the first couple enemies in the act (I have 38k HP, and I'm getting hit for 69k of damage, winning!), but I'd like to not do that because I'm quite liking my 18k DPS (though I won't say no to a better crossbow).

You should probably be working towards a glass cannon, its the only really viable Demon hunter build for inferno right now.
My barb has 38k HP
20k DPS (unbuffed)
300+ all resist
7000 armour and I am getting owned in act 2 inferno. I am supposed to be tanking the hits.

My buddy's Demon hunter does 70k DPS unbuffed
only has 3000 armour
Lots of Dex,
Very little vit
No all resist gear

He's beaten the game with "ease". He just cant get hit too much

jobocan

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 07:49:31 am »
only has 3000 armour
Lots of Dex,
Very little vit
No all resist gear

That's sort of what I was trying to get to at first (though frankly my DPS isn't anywhere near 70k yet, I'm only at 20k), but the smokescreen getting nerfed means that I'll inevitably get hit no matter what.

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »
only has 3000 armour
Lots of Dex,
Very little vit
No all resist gear

Do you know what kind of attacks he's got set up?  Stuff to slow down enemies or more of the hard hitting abilities to kite?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »
only has 3000 armour
Lots of Dex,
Very little vit
No all resist gear

Do you know what kind of attacks he's got set up?  Stuff to slow down enemies or more of the hard hitting abilities to kite?

Yeah, I am thinking my problem may partly be my skill set-up that might not be good for inferno.

I go: Smokescreen, ferret companions (for the extra gold), Marked for Death and Rain of vengeance (with the homing rune), and on the mouse I use the Bola Shot (with wider explosion rune) and Impale (with stunning rune, which may not be a good idea anymore).

madmax

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »
Hungering arrow : Devouring Arrow
Elemental Arrow : Nether Tentacles
Smoke Screen : Lingering Fog
Vault : Tumble
Caltrops : Torturous Ground
Preparation : Backup Plan

Steady Aim
Hot pursuit
Tactical Advantage

madmax

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:29 am »
1.0.3 patch coming out in a few hours.

Notably in the patch is attack speed nerf and an inferno nerf.
Gems and crafting are going to go down in price as well whereas equip repair is going to shoot up in price dramatically.

jobocan

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 07:45:45 am »
Happy to see crafting prices going down, they were rather ridiculous... but why raise the repair prices?

madmax

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 01:06:59 am »
People (barbs and monks) were zerging mobs.
Basically they were bringing mobs to a waypoint and then just fighting the mob (and dying) until the mob died.

It's upsetting because the melee classes are the hardest to play right now and this really favours ranged classes as they can kite all day long.

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »
The new patches are awesome!  I logged out on my 46 monk about 2 months ago with 8k HP and logged back in Friday with about 20k.  I'm about to start the new Paragon levels.  Hit 52 and discovered there are weapons with "level requirement reduced by 8" and spent 500k gold on two level 60 items.  My dps jumped from 1900 to over 21000, I'm flying through Hell mode now and excited for Inferno.  Now level 55 with about 36k hp, and gold is finally rolling in.  Melee is back!

scott

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »
I may have to look into Diablo 3 again, if the new patches are so good. I know I was having a tough time once I got to Hell and it was so ridiculous that it just became completely un-fun.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:29 pm »
The patch does sound pretty good. It makes a lot of old skills a lot more useful by basically increasing their damage output by a lot... and the fact that you can level up after level 60 is pretty cool. I'm gonna look into it soon to see if my demon hunter is better now.