Author Topic: Playstation 5 Pro  (Read 986 times)

telekill

Re: Playstation 5 Pro
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2024, 02:26:13 pm »
I own less than a dozen games and most of them are now on PC.

Out of the 16 PS5 games I've purchased, only 4 are PS5 generation exclusive and 1 is PS5 exclusive for now.
 - A Plague Tale: Requiem - On PC and Xbox
 - FF7 Rebirth
 - Helldivers 2 - On PC
 - Star Wars Jedi Survivor -- Coming to PS4 soon enough. On PC and Xbox

Most are ports from older generations like God of War R, Witcher 3 and MK11. Some go even older like Jurassic Park Collection and Sonic Origins Plus. Modern gaming is dying.

dhaabi

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2024, 03:36:43 pm »
Modern gaming is dying.

This is pretty far removed from the truth. I imagine that what you mean instead is AAA gaming is dying, which I suppose is a more accurate statement to make albeit still untrue. High-profile, cutting edge, first-party experiences are few and far between, but that's a result from an assortment of reasons coming from the top of the industry including bloated budgets, cautious decisions to favor the biggest profit, and marketing trends which don't favor the consumer, to name a few. But, despite these factors, the video gaming industry has never reached such heights before and continues to grow everyday across the spectrum, largely in part to indie and third-party development. There isn't a single week that passes without me being introduced to some new project being made or game having been released that catches my attention as something I'd want to play, and that's from only scanning my feed with posts by Nintendo and Sony. The market is boundless with all sorts of ideas being implemented—there doesn't need to be a PlayStation, Switch, or Xbox logo attached to it.

telekill

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2024, 03:54:00 pm »
Modern gaming is dying.

This is pretty far removed from the truth. I imagine that what you mean instead is AAA gaming is dying,

It's more than simply the industry not making games I enjoy anymore. It's that every week seems to be hundreds if not thousands of jobs lost. This week its hundreds fired from Microsoft studios. This year has been insane for those in the industry.

dhaabi

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2024, 11:47:49 am »
Modern gaming is dying.

This is pretty far removed from the truth. I imagine that what you mean instead is AAA gaming is dying,

It's more than simply the industry not making games I enjoy anymore. It's that every week seems to be hundreds if not thousands of jobs lost. This week its hundreds fired from Microsoft studios. This year has been insane for those in the industry.

Jobs may be lost, but that doesn't mean they're gone forever or that the talent has vanished. While there will surely be some affected by the massive layoffs in the past year or so who will be unable to secure a new position within the industry, many will. Whether this means they're brought on to a different company, they decide to form their own team with others affected, or even go independent, a significant number of these individuals who were previously creating games directly (be it developer, animator, artist, writer, and so forth) will continue to work on games in some capacity, be it that they still want to. This idea goes back to my previous statement about how the video gaming industry's success relates to indie and third-party development.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 11:49:30 am by dhaabi »

telekill

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2024, 07:43:42 pm »
This idea goes back to my previous statement about how the video gaming industry's success relates to indie and third-party development.[/font]

I think the major difference between us Dhaabi is that I no longer have any optimism. None. It's gone on all levels. In all honesty, I expect to be killed by the end of next year in an attempt to protect my family. With that in mind, I try to have occasional fun with gaming, which used to be my favorite pasttime, but gaming is so far down the list on what's important, that any frustration that comes through in my posts is that what used to be my escape is now just the sprinkles of disappointment on top of the shit show that is modern reality.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 07:45:17 pm by telekill »