Author Topic: Indie World Showcase + Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase 8.27.2024 thoughts?  (Read 638 times)

Join us on August 27 at 7am PT for an Indie World Showcase followed by a Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase! The livestream, featuring both presentations back-to-back, will be roughly 40 minutes in total. Please note, there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during either of these presentations.

Shrek paid DLC for PowerWash Simulator. I would probably watch gameplay of this.

Pizza Tower! Nice to see on console.

Tetris collection should offer a lot more versions than it does.

Star Wars Hunters season 3 woo!

Leaked Patrick Star game revealed. Looks to be influenced by Human Fall Flat. Not too interested.

Fitness Boxing 3 is still published by Nintendo but at this showcase anyway.

Nice to see EA reviving some old stuff with MySims.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 10:39:40 am by weirdfeline »

alligo

Not sure to play but I'm adding it to my wishlist.

Suikoden 1&2 HD
Trails in the Sky Remake
Castlevania Dominus Collection

I really liked MySims back in the day but I'm not sure I want to play it again.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

Castlevania Collection is the only thing I cared about.

A STALKER collection on Switch is ridiculous, not that I don't think the Switch could run a series that is over a decade old, it's just that STALKER is such a quintessential PC game and its also a game series that has tons of jank because of the engine, like it's similar to like Bethesda to me lol I have no need for the collection, just interesting to see show up here.

I have a soft spot for Worms Armageddon so neat to see an anniversary release for folks.

Announcing another Capcom Fighting Collection before the other is even released is something, but cool lol

On board for more Castlevania Collection games too so I'll probably grab that stuff.

Nothing actually new here that jumped out to me, but oh well, fun collection stuff at least that I still like to see.

dhaabi

There wasn't anything of interest for me mentioned in either presentation, really. A large number of announcements were anthology collections, remasters, remakes, and years-late ports.

I've only played the first entry in the Coffee Talk franchise, so I don't know if any new mechanics were introduced in the sequel. But, from the looks of the Coffee Talk Tokyo trailer, this third entry seems no different from the first. Maybe there's nothing wrong with that, since they're visual novels. Nevertheless, the series is beginning to look dull.

For some time, I've been on the fence about whether I'm interested in Sea of Stars or not. It was on the PlayStation subscription catalog for a while, but I never got around to starting it to see if I'd enjoy it before it was removed from the service. I suppose I'm glad I didn't bother.

In a sea of modern announcements which most games look the same or share similar mechanics, Peglin stands out. I don't think it's something I'd find myself buying, though. I'll also mention here that the "rougelike" description is becoming just as meaningless as "soulslike."

I generally don't play compilation releases, but Tetris Forever seems nice, for what it is. If it's added to Japan's Nintendo Switch Online service, perhaps I'll play it.

Fitness Boxing isn't a series that needs a sequel for the same system, let alone a third entry. But there it is, Fitness Boxing 3.

Fitness Boxing isn't a series that needs a sequel for the same system, let alone a third entry. But there it is, Fitness Boxing 3.
It's actually the fifth! They had a Fist of the North Star spinoff and a Hatsune Miku spinoff is releasing September 5th! I don't think Nintendo publishes the spinoffs though. There's also Fitness Circuit and Knockout Home Fitness that look pretty similar to Fitness Boxing.

I can't decide between that Castlevania DS collection or Capcom Fighting Collection 2 being my favorite announcement. Both were unexpected and both have some insanely good games on them. A few other games that made me excited, but not as much were the Suikoden 1 and 2 collection and finally getting a MvC Collection Release date.

telly

I mean I'd buy it and play it.  :-X haha
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dhaabi

I mean I'd buy it and play it.  :-X haha

From an outsider's perspective, I can't imagine it to be that different from its previous entries or make better use of the system's capabilities, but perhaps I'm wrong. Nevertheless, if you're interested in the third entry, then you've still got to play catch-up and buy the first.  ;)

telekill

Capcom Fighting Collection is a possible buy with the Powerstone games included. Other than that... nothing.

As this one was more 3rd party focus, I'm hoping the next Nintendo announcements include first party and the rumored Zelda Twilight Princess HD Switch port that's said to be completed.

Capcom Fighting Collection is a possible buy with the Powerstone games included. Other than that... nothing.

As this one was more 3rd party focus, I'm hoping the next Nintendo announcements include first party and the rumored Zelda Twilight Princess HD Switch port that's said to be completed.

This reminds me how I'd still love to see OoT 3D and MM 3D ported to the Switch. Sadly, I feel like if this was going to happen, it would have happened years ago at this point.

telekill

This reminds me how I'd still love to see OoT 3D and MM 3D ported to the Switch. Sadly, I feel like if this was going to happen, it would have happened years ago at this point.

I decided if Nintendo refuses to port the good Zelda games to Switch, that when their next system is announced, I'll just rebuy a Gamecube. I still have my copy of Twilight Princess on that and would only need to pick up Wind Waker and the Zelda Collector's Disc and Four Swords to get what I'm wanting. Of course... and HDMI adapater as well.

Re: Indie World Showcase + Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase 8.27.2024 thoughts?
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2024, 04:49:22 pm »

I'd love a set of OoT and MM 3D in a nice bundle, they were mainly the only reason I had a 3DS for a very short bit lol At this point, since I can't be excited for Echoes of Wisdom, I'd be happy just getting a port of Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD so that it's off the Wii U, but I guess we'll have to wait for the Switch 2.