Author Topic: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread  (Read 163318 times)

Re: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »
They got an international release so they aren't eligible for my blogs :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »
They got an international release so they aren't eligible for my blogs :)

:(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:19 pm »
Oh c'mon! It's not *still* a surprise is it? :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

Nah...just the more things on your blog that get..."Kimimi-ized", the better :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2013, 04:39:44 pm »
There's one on Taobao, it's 401CNY (about $64USD). There are a lot of Taobao proxy services out there that would buy it and ship it for you. Here's the link to the game - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.201.FHGr4G&id=16275654231

If you want to order off Amazon Japan use this guy - http://www.otokichi.com/main/newotokichien/middlemanservce.htm

His website doesn't look great, but he's an honest and reliable middle man that isn't going to pull $30 "handling fees" out of thin air when it comes to postage time.

Thank you so much, kimimi. You have no idea how much you've helped me. Although I have had some bad experiences with proxy services in the past, I will definitely look into that guy since he has your recommendation. Thank you once again.

http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/2012/11/blog-post_26.html

Found a review & some pics & info. on the game here...color me interested  8)

Not to discourage you, disgaeniac, but speaking as someone who has played this game all the way through, it's pretty terrible. (And this is coming from someone who adores the original Siren, a horror game that is pretty much universally reviled for its gameplay.) Granted, it's been about five years since I've played it, but... yeah. It wasn't very fun. The concept was interesting (reminded me a bit of White Day,) but the controls are very clunky, even for their time. It's also incredibly linear, and the atmosphere loses its effectiveness once you find out that the enemy encounters are all scripted. I'm still going to buy it, partly because of nostalgia and partly because of my warped collector's drive / masochism, but I can't in good conscience allow someone to buy it without knowing what they're getting into.

I highly recommend you check out this review, as it goes into greater detail as to why this game is so broken:
http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/info.php?name=...Iru!

(Really, I recommend that site to any horror fan. I don't always agree with his reviews, but he introduced me to quite a few games I would have never found on my own.)

EDIT: Err... Not sure why that last link is refusing to work, but the review is at the very top of the page after you click "Horror Games List" to the left.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:48:35 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

atariboy

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »

I highly recommend you check out this review, as it goes into greater detail as to why this game is so broken:
http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/info.php?name=...Iru!

(Really, I recommend that site to any horror fan. I don't always agree with his reviews, but he introduced me to quite a few games I would have never found on my own.)

Interesting, Thanks for the link.  :)
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 01:53:04 am »

Nah...just the more things on your blog that get..."Kimimi-ized", the better :)

Oops sorry, I've just realised you were talking about Iru, not Aquanauts Holiday! Everything makes more sense now :)

doctorlaudanum - No problem, I do my best :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »
The disc-drive is dying on my Saturn. So I'm looking for a console only Sega Saturn, that works, and is NTSC.

I don't need any cables, controllers, or anything else.

I'm trying to get a better price than eBay, if I can. I can seem to be able to find console only Saturns for around $45 on ebay. That seems a bit steep, to me. As I bought mine for $50 and it did include all the cables, controllers, and even a demo disc.

Can anyone here help me out?

soera

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »
I may be able to help you out ... give me a few minutes.

Sent a person a message on Nintendo Age who I know has one ... gave him your profile here. He may send you a message.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:42:21 pm by soera »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:48 am »
^ Thanks for helping me out. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »
I've got a replacement Saturn.  8)

sin2beta

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 08:45:48 pm »
I've got a replacement Saturn.  8)

Nice! Now tweak the resistance on that laser to get every bit of life out of your current one. They aren't going to make any new saturns unfortunately... you got to make them last as long as possible...

Then take a shot at replacing the laser. With a replacement system in your possession, who cares if you mess up. Also, no reasonable mess up is unfixable.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:11 pm »
Was it the person I gave your info?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 11:17:17 pm »
Was it the person I gave your info?

No, didn't hear from him.

As for replacing the drive, why risk messing anything up when I have a perfectly working one, now? I'm gonna experiment with the screw trick with the old one, though.

sin2beta

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »
As for replacing the drive, why risk messing anything up when I have a perfectly working one, now? I'm gonna experiment with the screw trick with the old one, though.

Because the new laser will go out too. Lasers don't last forever. As CD systems die and people don't fix them the cost goes up as well as the risk of constantly finding duds of systems. Shop for a 3DO or Jaguar CD lately? I could see the saturn going this route.

You shouldn't replace the laser yet anyway. Start with cleaning the inside of the system (including the laser). If needed, decrease the resistance on the laser (this should give you 6-12 months of added use). Then, once the laser finally burns out, work on replacing the laser.

You've got a replacement system and the current one does not work. There is nothing to mess up. Just an opportunity to pick up a skill. But to each their own. Just don't be afraid of breaking something that doesn't work.

The other reason is because you can snag systems ridiculously cheap from people who don't know how to fix them.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c