Author Topic: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread  (Read 163355 times)

Re: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2014, 01:03:19 am »
Thanks, but it's still pretty high. Plus the website's Norwegian and I would rather buy from an English speaking seller. Not racist, I just don't want to have any annoying language barriers between us. I'm also not sure if he takes PayPal. Appreciate the help though!

foxhack

« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2014, 01:35:43 am »
Been trying to look for an EU copy of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for PS1 and it's god damn impossible to find one that's price doesn't go into triple digits.

According to the price charting site however the NA version of the game runs on average for $30 new, which is unbelievable.

So it's easy to speculate that the PAL version of the game is more rare therefore more expensive, but do you guys know anywhere that might sell a copy cheap?
I'm not interested in the PSN version, as they stripped away the main story for no reason, thanks Capcom.

If you mean the Super Story Mode, that was a PS1 exclusive feature. Neither the Arcade nor Dreamcast releases had it. (Fun fact: The Dreamcast version's back cover says it does. It ticked me the hell off.)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2014, 04:45:34 am »
Thanks, but it's still pretty high. Plus the website's Norwegian and I would rather buy from an English speaking seller. Not racist, I just don't want to have any annoying language barriers between us. I'm also not sure if he takes PayPal. Appreciate the help though!

:o its dutch

karyann

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2014, 01:21:20 pm »
I just bought Arc Rise Fantasia, but it's missing the manual :( So if anyone sees something, please let me know! There's currently only one on ebay and it's $16 + $12 shipping, which is a stupid price.

« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:25 pm »
I prefer all games come with original case and manual

Xbox:
-Metal Wolf Chaos (Japanese video game)

Gamecube:
-Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Wii:
-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

PSP:
-Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days

PS 1:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:20:08 am by instantreplay »

argyle

« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:08 am »
If anyone comes across a really good deal on a Vita, let me know.  My wife wants one, and I was hoping to get her one of the original models w/ the OLED screen.  I figured stores would clearance them out before the new ones hit, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. :(  Looking to hopefully spend $150 or less on one. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »
If anyone comes across a really good deal on a Vita, let me know.  My wife wants one, and I was hoping to get her one of the original models w/ the OLED screen.  I figured stores would clearance them out before the new ones hit, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. :(  Looking to hopefully spend $150 or less on one.

Yeah, gotta' love that OLED screen...it's gorgeous!

Are they selling the 'Slims' yet *or* is everywhere still selling the OLED's - what are new ones going for now?

I assume that you're only interested in NEW ones; right?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2014, 01:24:09 pm »

Are they selling the 'Slims' yet *or* is everywhere still selling the OLED's - what are new ones going for now?

I think the slims are released in May. And I guess that argyle wants the "old" one, since the new one has an LCD screen :P I personally want the slim version, I prefer a screen that will last longer to one that is slightly prettier (I can't notice the difference if they're not side by side, anyway).

edit: And now that I'm reading about it, the charging cable is now micro USB on the slim, so this is pretty convenient! And the battery seems to have a little longer life (about an hour). My choice is definitely staying with the slim. I'm pretty sure I'll ask for money at Christmas to buy one then  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:32:43 pm by karyann »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »

I think the slims are released in May. And I guess that argyle wants the "old" one, since the new one has an LCD screen :P I personally want the slim version, I prefer a screen that will last longer to one that is slightly prettier (I can't notice the difference if they're not side by side, anyway).

edit: And now that I'm reading about it, the charging cable is now micro USB on the slim, so this is pretty convenient! And the battery seems to have a little longer life (about an hour). My choice is definitely staying with the slim. I'm pretty sure I'll ask for money at Christmas to buy one then  ;D

Good points  ;D

In my case, though...99% of my gaming on "portable" consoles is done at home; so battery-life, charging, etc are all non-issues to me.

Karyann - Since you're talking about/reading & researching about the VITA(s) and thinking about getting one...do you know anything about the "VITA TV"?

Here's a link where you can read some of the basics about it ==> it might make you decide to just go that route instead, since, apparently, if/when that releases in the West...it may well make actually owning a VITA kinda' redundant (for a majority of its games, at least).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita_TV

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »
PS (for Karyann):

Just saw it in your "sig" - that game in there "The Bard's Tale" for the PS2 is both a lot of fun and a lot of laughs!  ;D

argyle

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:40 pm »
But sadly The Bard's Tale for PS2 has nothing in common with the original games besides the name.   :'(

Yeah, I'm mainly looking for a new one but I guess if I knew the person who was selling it & knew they had taken very good care of it I would consider used.  The slims come out the first week in May I believe.  The OLED is gorgeous to me - I haven't seen the LCD in person yet so I'll hold my final judgement, but from videos I've seen the difference is striking. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »
Good points  ;D

In my case, though...99% of my gaming on "portable" consoles is done at home; so battery-life, charging, etc are all non-issues to me.

Karyann - Since you're talking about/reading & researching about the VITA(s) and thinking about getting one...do you know anything about the "VITA TV"?

Here's a link where you can read some of the basics about it ==> it might make you decide to just go that route instead, since, apparently, if/when that releases in the West...it may well make actually owning a VITA kinda' redundant (for a majority of its games, at least).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita_TV

Seems interesting, but I'll stick to a Vita anyway :) I just love portable gaming too much, I guess! Even though I wouldn't bring 2 systems with me all the time, and the 3DS is always my first choice.

soera

« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2014, 10:26:37 pm »
I think thats my main issue with the PSP/Vita atm is I like the 3DS too much lately. Zelda Link between worlds and Bravely Default are 2 of the last main games Ive played lately and I just got that version of Conception today as well.

argyle

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2014, 10:14:13 am »
Even though I wouldn't bring 2 systems with me all the time, and the 3DS is always my first choice.

I think thats my main issue with the PSP/Vita atm is I like the 3DS too much lately. Zelda Link between worlds and Bravely Default are 2 of the last main games Ive played lately and I just got that version of Conception today as well.

I'm a big fan of both, and I swap back & forth between them.  I've been playing the Vita recently with Danganronpa, and it looks like it may be my go-to for a while w/ some of the other games that have either just released or are about to.  That said, I still want to get back to the 3DS to finish up Bravely Default.  And a big draw to the 3DS to me is that it plays DS games, since I didn't really get into that system when it was big. 

If you MADE me choose tho, I'd definitely go Vita - just has more of what I'm after.  Tons of quick pick up & play games that are mostly free thanks to PS+, and tons of RPGs & quirky Japanese games.  Heck, 4 more just got announced so it looks like it's picking up even more steam in that department. 

I got an email from Nintendo saying that Super Mario 3 is finally up in their digital store for both Wii-U & 3DS.  Which is cool, but $5 seems very steep to me for a digital copy of a 25 year old game.

I also think they take way too long to release these old games digitally, but that's a complaint I'd also level at Sony and pretty much every publisher out there. Why is there no digital Suikoden II / Xenosaga / .hack / Rule of Rose?  These games all sell for big $$ on the secondary market (with the possible exception of the Xenosaga games, I haven't priced them lately), you would think the actual publishers would want a piece of that. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2014, 11:17:59 am »
If you MADE me choose tho, I'd definitely go Vita - just has more of what I'm after.  Tons of quick pick up & play games that are mostly free thanks to PS+, and tons of RPGs & quirky Japanese games.  Heck, 4 more just got announced so it looks like it's picking up even more steam in that department. 

This, so much!

And...you forgot about the Vita's cross-play & connectivity w/ both the PS3 & the PS4  :o