Author Topic: BIG Money; BIG Money!!!  (Read 4659 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: BIG Money; BIG Money!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 09:17:01 am »
I paid almost $300 for the Uncharted 3 Explorer's Edition. Frickin' Australia.

A).  How much was it in N.A?

B).  Would/could it have been cheaper for you to import it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 10:03:18 am »
Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced Nendroid Super Set for PS2, gave right at $150 for it.

Best re-sell, I bought Conker's Bad Fur Day at a book store for $5, as I was walking up the street someone offered me $45 for it.  Bought it, sold it in less than 10 minutes. 

That's the only time I have sold anything.  I usually get the "itch" to play them after I sell them so I stopped.

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 11:27:54 am »
Paid... probably Final Fantasy III on the SNES. Sixty bucks when it was new.

Sold? That's easy. Alice: An Interactive Adventure for PC/Mac, one of the rarest games ever produced... $549.99. And that sale got me in a lot of trouble (freakin' Italy...)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:05 pm »
Paid... probably Final Fantasy III on the SNES. Sixty bucks when it was new.

Sold? That's easy. Alice: An Interactive Adventure for PC/Mac, one of the rarest games ever produced... $549.99. And that sale got me in a lot of trouble (freakin' Italy...)

Why trouble - was the game banned in Italy, or something?

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »
Nope. Italy is a black hole for postage. I sent it Express Mail and they supposedly lost the package! I spent a month in limbo because the buyer opened a case against me and it wasn't until I mentioned I was getting the police involved that he dropped it.

I hate Italy. I don't ship ANYTHING there anymore.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »
Nope. Italy is a black hole for postage. I sent it Express Mail and they supposedly lost the package! I spent a month in limbo because the buyer opened a case against me and it wasn't until I mentioned I was getting the police involved that he dropped it.

I hate Italy. I don't ship ANYTHING there anymore.

Ha, thanks for the story :P

I will now make it a point to *Never* ship *anything* to Italy  8)

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »
A).  How much was it in N.A?

B).  Would/could it have been cheaper for you to import it?

Don't know - I think it was $99, but it is slightly different, and the online pass/DLC wouldn't have worked on my (European) PSN account, so that'd be annoying. The chest in the EU edition is proper wood, don't know about the US one, but if it is Australian customs HATE wood so they'd probably inspect it and I'd be paying extra, too.

forte

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
Paid $325 for CIB Mega Man Game Gear
Sold a Mega Man X3 CIB for $340 that I paid $33 for

hexen

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 11:27:56 pm »
I'm not sure what the most expensive item I've bought is... I've gotten a few games in the $100 range and both the sealed Manchester Football Club gameboy and boxed NES Hands-Free system where in the $200 range.

I really don't sell much either. I Sold a lot of duplicate games on eBay once... but that wasn't really with profit in mind. I bought some NES games once and maybe sold them for triple? But it was like $40, and quite awhile ago.

Yeah, I did.  Actually, the $5 one was the more expensive.  I've found it twice out in the wild.  $4 for one $5 for the other.

You're a witch!
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »
My copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga is the most expensive I've ever purchased, paid $220 for a Mint copy.  I've owned several copies of Suikoden II, and have a dozen or so Saturn titles around the $100 mark.  Bought a factory sealed  King Poseidon's Adventure for NES a couple years back and sold it when I decided to stay away from factory sealed games.

Best sale would be a Mint CIB Contra Force I picked up at a garage sale for $5, it looked like it just had the plastic pulled off of it.  I sold that for $115.

blipcs76

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:35 am »
My most expensive purchase was my Double Donkey Kong arcade cabinet, which cost me $750.  It's a great showpiece though.  As for games, I know my parents dropped close to $80 for Street Fighter II on the SNES.

The biggest profit I've had was probably Intelligent Qube (PS1), which I found at Goodwill for $4 and sold on eBay for over $60.  A close second is Mega Man 7, which I found last year at a garage sale for $5 and sold recently for over $50.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:44 pm »
The biggest profit I've had was probably Intelligent Qube (PS1), which I found at Goodwill for $4 and sold on eBay for over $60.

Someone paid over $60 for IQ?!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »
The biggest profit I've had was probably Intelligent Qube (PS1), which I found at Goodwill for $4 and sold on eBay for over $60.

Someone paid over $60 for IQ?!

Yeah - I've actually heard of that one going for around that price before...

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 02:41:20 pm »
I've sold 'em for that price too. The price goes up and down though.

madmax

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:09 pm »
I bought FFIII (USA) for around $100