Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19503 times)

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »
Ya it sets up the events to 1 and tells you what happened to Rebecca before you meet her in the Mansion.

Sweet, maybe I'll pick that one up before playing 3 while the original is still fresh in my head.

pacpix

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 12:46:12 pm »
Took a short break from Wizardry yesterday and finished Centipede: Infestation for Wii.  I had fun with this one, but it was more like Robotron 2084 than Centipede.  It was also really short and only took 3 or 4 hours to complete.  If your a fan of Robotron though and can find it cheap definitely pick this game up.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:17 pm »
Took a short break from Wizardry yesterday and finished Centipede: Infestation for Wii.  I had fun with this one, but it was more like Robotron 2084 than Centipede.  It was also really short and only took 3 or 4 hours to complete.  If your a fan of Robotron though and can find it cheap definitely pick this game up.

Which Wizardry game are you playing?

I'd never played *any* of the series until a few months ago, when I took the recommendation of a few friends from another board and I picked-up & played Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land for the PS2...

...I enjoyed it *SO* much, that as soon as I finished it, I bought, downloaded, and started playing Wizardry: Labyrinth of lost Souls on my PS3.

Anyone else here ever played either of these?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »
I am playing the first one.  I am playing the SNES remake though not the Apple II version.  The game is freaking scary, you never no when your entire party is going to be wiped out or you get teleported to some random part of the maze.  If your party is wiped out you have to make a new one and level them up to find your old characters, but by that time your new characters are better anyway and it is too expensive to bring the old ones back to life.  Plus there is a chance that even after paying to save the character that they are lost forever.  Also no auto map, I have been mapping it out in excel.  If that is not difficult enough for you Wizardry IV is even harder, considered the hardest CRPG of all time.

I have Labyrinth of lost Souls on my Ipod Touch, but I want to play the series in order (excluding all the japan only games that came after Sir-Tech went out of business.) before I play it.  Hopefully I will have this game by the end of the summer: http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Wizardry-Archives-Pc/dp/B00001QEP9/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1345758999&sr=8-5&keywords=wizardry

jcalder8

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »
My son and I just played through Turtles in Time on our Mame machine.

Thank god for unlimited quarters or we wouldn't have made it.

pacpix

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 08:47:19 pm »
Just finished Deja Vu.  Never been a big fan of adventure games, but this one was a lot of fun.

soera

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »
I took my shift on our 24 hour game-a-thon and beat Bionic Commando from start to finish!

jcalder8

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »

My wife finally finished Cool Spot after owning it as a child, she didn't get the good ending but at least I don't have to hear that damn music anymore :D

foxhack

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »
Your wife's got skills!

I cleared Batman Arkham City Harley Quinn's Revenge two nights ago - at 100%. Now to work on the other stuff from the main game... over the next eleven months.

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »
Now that the kids are back in school, I can use the tv again.  I finally beat Lego Batman with 100% this morning before work.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 10:00:24 am »
I guess I'm finished with Earthbound. I played through the whole game the naughty way. (I don't have the cart. So, emulator it is.)  Then, at the last boss the game keeps having some sort of error and eats shit!  Oh well.  I guess whenever I do find a reasonable priced cart, I can finished this fantastic piece of gaming.

blipcs76

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:26 am »
A few weeks ago I finished up Darksiders.  I was really surprised by that game, the combat was great, the upgrades were addicting and it was genuinely fun, though some of the puzzles were a little annoying.  The story was kind of a mess, but the ending was pretty epic.  Looking forward to playing the sequel.

Last week I finished Zelda Skyward Sword.  I think it may be my all-time favorite Zelda game.  It just gets so much stuff right.  The motion control swordplay is far more fun than just button pressing.  I found fighting standard enemies to be really enjoyable and satisfying.  The items are used in creative ways and are cleverly worked into puzzles throughout the game, so you're constantly using everything in your inventory to traverse the dungeons.  I put nearly 60 hours into the quest and felt extremely satisfied by the time it was over.  My only real gripe would be returning to areas you've beaten and Girahim, the main villain.  Both him and fights with him were annoying.

htimreimer

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:10 am »
I guess I'm finished with Earthbound. I played through the whole game the naughty way. (I don't have the cart. So, emulator it is.)  Then, at the last boss the game keeps having some sort of error and eats shit!  Oh well.  I guess whenever I do find a reasonable priced cart, I can finished this fantastic piece of gaming.

good luck finding a reasonable priced cart i see just seen one on ebay going for $295.90 plus $25 for shipping and this is cart only: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Earthbound-SNES-Super-Nintendo-Game-RARE-earth-bound-/150891323221?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2321d2df55

jcalder8

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:07 pm »
good luck finding a reasonable priced cart i see just seen one on ebay going for $295.90 plus $25 for shipping and this is cart only: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Earthbound-SNES-Super-Nintendo-Game-RARE-earth-bound-/150891323221?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2321d2df55
Until it sells buy it now shouldn't even be looked at.

scott

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »
I took my shift on our 24 hour game-a-thon and beat Bionic Commando from start to finish!

Congrats on finishing one of my favorite NES games ever! Now go get Bionic Commando ReArmed and compare differences! :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread