Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170992 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #840 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:04 am »
Drakengard 3 and Watch Dogs are getting close~!  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2014, 10:13:54 am »
Not a new game or anything -but- since I'm a sucker for both a pretty-looking CE & for supporting NISA...I've just pre-ordered this sweet-looking thing!  ;D

Anyone here that's at all familiar w/ anime know anything about this, like...is it any good!?  :o

http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/CARDCAPTOR-SAKURA-Complete-Series-Premium-Edition
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #842 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:22 am »
Not a new game or anything -but- since I'm a sucker for both a pretty-looking CE & for supporting NISA...I've just pre-ordered this sweet-looking thing!  ;D

Anyone here that's at all familiar w/ anime know anything about this, like...is it any good!?  :o

http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/CARDCAPTOR-SAKURA-Complete-Series-Premium-Edition

I *love* CCS, and was drooling over that set when I got the email the other night.  Unfortunately, that's just too pricey for me.  :( 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:52 am »

I *love* CCS, and was drooling over that set when I got the email the other night.  Unfortunately, that's just too pricey for me.  :(

I'm *really* ignorant & not knowledgeable at all about/when it comes to anime...

I own a few (from N1) that I've yet to watch (one of them is a big, boxed Persona set), and the 3 Geneon Disgaea 1 DVD's (*natch!*) + some other (unwatched) ones that people have gven me over the years (like High School of the Dead & a few "Black Bible" (I think they're called) ones).

I'm pretty sure that the only ones that I've actually *watched* that I own are the Berserk set (which I enjoyed) & The Grave of the Fireflies (which, while not disliking it...IMO, it seemed to fall short of all of the hype & praise surrounding & associated with it - then again - maybe it was just a case of "there had been so much hype for so long that; maybe it was already destined to come up short no matter how good it was".

So...what's CCS about & what makes it special enough to you that you'd still want to get it/see it another time, buddy?

argyle

« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
I'd love to see it again, and I'll end up with it sooner or later I'm sure. 

It's kinda cutesy, so I'll put that out there, but from the games you play I doubt that's an issue.  It would be classified as a "magical girl" anime, but it's just so well done - the characters are all really likable, it's very funny, I adore the artwork and it's just a fun show to watch.

Oh, and it features this song in one of the episodes:

;D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #845 on: May 07, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »
I'd love to see it again, and I'll end up with it sooner or later I'm sure. 

It's kinda cutesy, so I'll put that out there, but from the games you play I doubt that's an issue.  It would be classified as a "magical girl" anime, but it's just so well done - the characters are all really likable, it's very funny, I adore the artwork and it's just a fun show to watch.

Oh, and it features this song in one of the episodes:

;D

Nice!

I'm liking that piano blending w/ that voice a lot  ;D

karyann

« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11:47 pm »

Whoa, NIS makes anime DVDs? I was considering ordering it before seeing the price. I LOVED CCS, but maybe not enough to pay $200 for it  :-\  My current wallpaper happens to be Sakura and Kero since a while  :P

Man, that set looks awesome. Too bad it's so pricey.

spac316

« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2014, 05:32:22 pm »
Pre-Ordered Mario Kart 8. Yeah...why not?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:08:28 pm by spac316 »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #848 on: May 07, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

Whoa, NIS makes anime DVDs?

Yeah.

They haven't always, though.

I'm thinking/estimating that ~5 years ago is when they started licensing, releasing, re-releasing, etc different anime series.

Also, you noticed that there were 3 different versions, right Karyann?

Only the MOST expensive one was $200 - there were 2 other options that were considerably less expensive  ;)

argyle

« Reply #849 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »

Whoa, NIS makes anime DVDs? I was considering ordering it before seeing the price. I LOVED CCS, but maybe not enough to pay $200 for it  :-\  My current wallpaper happens to be Sakura and Kero since a while  :P

Man, that set looks awesome. Too bad it's so pricey.

I had a Kero sticker on the back window of my car for so long that it almost took a chissel to remove it.  :P

« Reply #850 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »
Passed on pre-ordering Mario Kart 8 since Americans get jack for a pre-order bonus or a special edition, so I'm just gonna go pick it up when it releases at Best Buy since I also have a 20 dollar coupon I can use towards it to save some money.

argyle

« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2014, 09:07:24 pm »
Passed on pre-ordering Mario Kart 8 since Americans get jack for a pre-order bonus or a special edition, so I'm just gonna go pick it up when it releases at Best Buy since I also have a 20 dollar coupon I can use towards it to save some money.

If you preorder it at BB they'll give you a $10 gas card.  ;) 

« Reply #852 on: May 07, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »

I guess, I just don't care enough about it to warrant going to pre-order it lol If that was instead a little Mario Kart figurine, I'd probably be more excited lol

argyle

« Reply #853 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:31 pm »

I guess, I just don't care enough about it to warrant going to pre-order it lol If that was instead a little Mario Kart figurine, I'd probably be more excited lol

Go?  Preorder it online for in-store pickup.  WHO DOESN'T WANT A FREE $10??   :o

« Reply #854 on: May 07, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »
Go?  Preorder it online for in-store pickup.  WHO DOESN'T WANT A FREE $10??   :o
  That's true I guess, I just don't really care that much about 3 gallons of gas.  That's not even a quarter of a tank for me lol