Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170860 times)

foxhack

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #855 on: May 07, 2014, 10:53:28 pm »
Passed on pre-ordering Mario Kart 8 since Americans get jack for a pre-order bonus or a special edition, so I'm just gonna go pick it up when it releases at Best Buy since I also have a 20 dollar coupon I can use towards it to save some money.

If you preorder it at BB they'll give you a $10 gas card.  ;)

I guess, I just don't care enough about it to warrant going to pre-order it lol If that was instead a little Mario Kart figurine, I'd probably be more excited lol

Other places are giving you $20 for preordering it. Look around.

« Reply #856 on: May 08, 2014, 01:59:20 pm »
This is great, they are actually releasing the limited edition Mario Kart 8 in North America!  The problem? You can only buy it and get it from the Nintendo World store in New York  :-\

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/mario-kart-8-limited-edition-bundle/

soera

« Reply #857 on: May 08, 2014, 02:30:36 pm »
I can only imagine what the Ebay resellers are going to do with this one.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #858 on: May 08, 2014, 04:03:33 pm »
I'm within 2 hours of NYC -SO- if anyone *Really* wants this & is prevented from getting it strictly by it being impossible to get there...PM/get in touch with me & I'm sure that we'll be able to work something out with me picking them up for you  :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »
I'm within 2 hours of NYC -SO- if anyone *Really* wants this & is prevented from getting it strictly by it being impossible to get there...PM/get in touch with me & I'm sure that we'll be able to work something out with me picking them up for you  :)
You're the best Kenny!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2014, 04:05:45 pm »
You're the best Kenny!

:-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #861 on: May 08, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »
Bought a (OEM) white Gamecube controller from Play-Asia on April 27. They're still "Preparing the Order." Does it really take more than ten days to grab something off a shelf and pack it in a box? wtf.

soera

« Reply #862 on: May 08, 2014, 04:40:14 pm »

If it was more interesting of a limited edition, I would jump on it.

I really wish NISA would hurry up on releasing my game. :D

argyle

« Reply #863 on: May 09, 2014, 02:57:37 am »
Yeah, I'm not a big enough Mario Kart (or Mario period I suppose) fan to go out of my way for that set (heck, I probably wouldn't spend $80 on it if it were widely available).  But the first thing I thought when I read that news was "way to give scalpers a great opportunity to gouge your fans, Nintendo."  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #864 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:43 am »
I really don't see the point in making it so unbelievably limited here, to one store in the entire country, but it's apparently freely available in Europe.  Is there a particular reason Nintendo doesn't really like to gives us the extra goodies? Are there just not enough people buying the bonus stuff? I really wanted that Link Between Worlds chest that was in Europe lol

argyle

« Reply #865 on: May 09, 2014, 03:26:38 am »
If I'm not mistaken, the Wind Waker HD CE set sold out before it was released, so I doubt poor sales is the reason. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #866 on: May 09, 2014, 04:12:34 am »
If I'm not mistaken, the Wind Waker HD CE set sold out before it was released, so I doubt poor sales is the reason.

Just bugs me as I'd probably buy most Nintendo things that came with a cool bonus figurine or something lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #867 on: May 12, 2014, 12:46:56 am »
This is great, they are actually releasing the limited edition Mario Kart 8 in North America!  The problem? You can only buy it and get it from the Nintendo World store in New York  :-\

Step 1: Release limited edition with goodies that are not compelling for a system that is underselling.
Step 2: Only sell it at one store in the entire country.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

karyann

« Reply #868 on: May 12, 2014, 10:06:42 am »

Step 1: Release limited edition with goodies that are not compelling for a system that is underselling.
Step 2: Only sell it at one store in the entire country continent.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Fixed it for you!

I think I'd rather not have a NA release than have a release in one store only.  :-\

argyle

« Reply #869 on: May 12, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »
Well this sucks.  I have the Elder Scrolls Online PS4 CE preordered from BB w/ store credit.  It's paid off because it WAS going to release in June.  Well...of course, now it's not - they're saying 6 more months, and personally I'd add an "at least" to that.  So I was going to just put another preorder down for the set in-store, just put $5 on it instead & then cancel the other one to free up all that credit.  Except they aren't taking preorders for it anymore.  No one is.  And if I remember correctly, BB won't let you change payment methods.  So...it's either keep $88 credit tied up for the rest of the year, minimum, or cancel the CE and probably not get it.   :-\