Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170956 times)

argyle

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #960 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:27 am »
Those controllers DO look really sharp, but they're 3rd party right?  I've never heard of the company "PDP" - is their stuff any good?

Have you heard of Pelican?  They're Pelican.  They've made third party stuff for years.  I haven't had much luck with third party stuff.  So I assume all of it is trash.  That outlook has worked for me so far. 

By the above logic: PDP = Pelican = trash

Ah, ok, Pelican I know.  ;)  I've never been a fan of third-party accessories of any kind really, but there is the very rare exception where someone beside the console manufacturer makes something that's really high quality.

I don't expect this to be one of those times.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #961 on: June 18, 2014, 10:33:16 am »
Those controllers DO look really sharp, but they're 3rd party right?  I've never heard of the company "PDP" - is their stuff any good?

Have you heard of Pelican?  They're Pelican.  They've made third party stuff for years.  I haven't had much luck with third party stuff.  So I assume all of it is trash.  That outlook has worked for me so far. 

By the above logic: PDP = Pelican = trash

Ah, ok, Pelican I know.  ;)  I've never been a fan of third-party accessories of any kind really, but there is the very rare exception where someone beside the console manufacturer makes something that's really high quality.

I don't expect this to be one of those times.  :P

There are times that 3rd party stuff is good, but those are few and far between.  Hori has an excellent reputation.  I've heard the MadCatz fight sticks are fantastic.  My SNES Ascii Pad is great.  And, who can forget the NES Zipper?  I wish I have 10 of those little jewels.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #962 on: June 18, 2014, 10:46:20 am »
not top of the line -but- Logitech's always done right by me.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #963 on: June 18, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »
I do like Hori stuff for sure.

Im also partial to MadCatz microcons and wish I had one for every system made.

argyle

« Reply #964 on: June 18, 2014, 12:32:33 pm »

Logitech's wireless controller for the PS2 is still my go-to controller on that system.  And I've been using their bluetooth keyboard that was made/marketed for the PS3 on my PS4 lately, still works like a champ.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #965 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:28 pm »
I've never been unsatisfied with any Logitech products I've bought. They're pretty sturdy and last a long time too. I've got an old Logitech Dual Action PC controller from many years ago and it still works just as well as the day I bought it. I even like the feel of it better than some of my 1st party console controllers. The prices on Logitech's stuff is generally pretty good too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #966 on: June 18, 2014, 02:28:17 pm »

Logitech's wireless controller for the PS2 is still my go-to controller on that system.  And I've been using their bluetooth keyboard that was made/marketed for the PS3 on my PS4 lately, still works like a champ.  :)

Funny you should say that :)

When I made my post - it was with the PS2 wireless controller & the keyboard (which is still working & still being used w/ my PS3) in mind  :o

So that keyboard works well with the PS4, too?!

That is good to know!

And yeah, Abe - as far as pricing's concerned...I've never felt like I was paying too much for any of the Logitech stuff that I've bought & used over the years; fairly priced merch, IMO!

argyle

« Reply #967 on: June 18, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »

That is good to know!

Yup - in fact (and I don't know if it's like this w/ the PS3 or not) but Final Fantasy XIV even recognizes the touchpad on the keyboard so you can use that like a mouse if you want.  The only trouble I've had with that keyboard is that I used it so much that the letters were rubbing off the keys.  :P  Grabbed this from Amazon and it's as good (or maybe even better!) as new!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GE16LW/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #968 on: June 18, 2014, 04:25:47 pm »

That is good to know!

Yup - in fact (and I don't know if it's like this w/ the PS3 or not) but Final Fantasy XIV even recognizes the touchpad on the keyboard so you can use that like a mouse if you want.  The only trouble I've had with that keyboard is that I used it so much that the letters were rubbing off the keys.  :P  Grabbed this from Amazon and it's as good (or maybe even better!) as new!

Heh, that's awesome - I never would have even thought to look for such a thing!

I dunno...maybe I was in a fugue state, or something -but- after 'coming to' and finding myself in a GS store, whilst browsing the aisles, I found a PS3 game that I *really* didn't want that badly.

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

However, after seeing it (I'm guessing; mis) marked @ $9.99 (still sealed, no less:) I picked it up.

Also pre-ordered 1 each of:

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.

bobster

« Reply #969 on: June 18, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »

That is good to know!

I dunno...maybe I was in a fugue state, or something -but- after 'coming to' and finding myself in a GS store, whilst browsing the aisles, I found a PS3 game that I *really* didn't want that badly.

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

However, after seeing it (I'm guessing; mis) marked @ $9.99 (still sealed, no less:) I picked it up.

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.
I really gotta get back to playing Lightning Returns... It's so weird compared to the previous two.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #970 on: June 18, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

That is good to know!

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.
I really gotta get back to playing Lightning Returns... It's so weird compared to the previous two.

You liking what you've played so far?

abe

« Reply #971 on: June 18, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

That is good to know!

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.

Akiba's Strange Trip? When did the name get changed?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #972 on: June 18, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »
The timer was a real turn-off for me in LR.  The combat is a lot of fun, and the world is begging to be explored, but with the timer you feel like you're being penalized for doing so.  :(

My other issue is that the "story" is complete nonsense and doesn't line up with the other games at all from what I could tell.  They could have easily continued directly from the story of X-2 - which was an absolutely brilliant game - but for some reason they decided people really wanted Lightning back?  Iunno, I liked Vanille better myself.

All that said, I'll still give it another shot eventually - I'd grab it for $10.  :)

And wow - speaking of Lightning Returns - I never knew this was a thing.  This controller looks awesome!   :o

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/dualshock-3-wireless-controller-gamestop-exclusive-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/113498

bobster

« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »

That is good to know!

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.

You liking what you've played so far?
I'll basically mimic what Argyle said in that having the timer stressed me out a bit. I purchased the strategy guide so I'd get an idea of what's available to me at what points, but I haven't played it since I received the strategy guide. My GF and I have been busy playing Yoshi's Island on super nintendo :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #974 on: June 18, 2014, 05:24:17 pm »

That is good to know!

Which game?

Lightning Returns.

Rorona Plus

and

Akiba's Strange Trip.

Akiba's Strange Trip? When did the name get changed?

:-[

It didn't  :o

I've listened to a lot of the Doors (and a little of the Dead) + me just not paying attention = "Akiba's Long, strange Trip"; maybe!  8)