Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171101 times)

soera

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1005 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:54 pm »
Im planning on hitting up Best Buy this week to get in on the Persona Q Wild card set as well.

argyle

« Reply #1006 on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »
Best Buy changed up their Gamer's Club Unlocked late last year.  They had a special offer if you had been a previous member where you could join for 2 years for $30.  The normal price of it is 2 years for $120 now ( :o I know, but bear with me...) but they often run it on sale for 2 years for $60 - that might be still going on now.

So why on earth would you want to spend $60 for 2 years of their membership?  Simple - they give you 20% off of every new game you purchase.  That 20% comes off of sale prices and stacks with other deals, like their "preorder certain games & get $10 store credit back".  Since most of the big releases for the rest of the year fall under THAT deal, that makes them (for me, with my 10% sales tax) $60 - 20% = $48 + 10% tax = $52.80 - $10 credit back = $42.80.  Roughly $43 for a day-1 new release?  You can't beat that.  So that $30/year membership fee will quickly pay for itself.  :D

And that's not even taking into account the preorder bonus DLC they usually give you, which I typically immediately sell on ebay for about a $10 profit.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #1007 on: June 27, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »
Here is my current pre-order list (big pics ahead - hell yeah!)

bobster

« Reply #1008 on: June 27, 2014, 02:05:36 pm »
That beanie is pretty great!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1009 on: June 28, 2014, 08:06:56 am »
Natural Doctrine

LE's pre-ordered

(PS4 version-only)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1010 on: June 28, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »
I am tempted by that Natural Doctrine.  Is the game out in Japan yet?  Just wondering if there are any reviews/opinions of it floating around yet. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #1011 on: June 28, 2014, 08:15:28 pm »
I am tempted by that Natural Doctrine.  Is the game out in Japan yet?  Just wondering if there are any reviews/opinions of it floating around yet.

It is out in Japan already, there's a few reviews out for it. Though, I haven't seen too many English reviews of it yet. I'll link the one I found at the end of my post (the reviewer gave it a whole 4/10 points :-\). Famitsu seemed to like it though, with the PS3 version received a 31/40 and the Vita version a 30/40 (not too bad). :)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/05/07/natural-doctrine-review-ps4-import/
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1012 on: June 28, 2014, 08:19:50 pm »

It is out in Japan already, there's a few reviews out for it. Though, I haven't seen too many English reviews of it yet. I'll link the one I found at the end of my post (the reviewer gave it a whole 4/10 points :-\). Famitsu seemed to like it though, with the PS3 version received a 31/40 and the Vita version a 30/40 (not too bad). :)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/05/07/natural-doctrine-review-ps4-import/

I watched a gameplay video and it looks interesting, but the environments are very plain and barely look like PS3 era, much less PS4.  Not that graphics are everything.  But I'm just not sure it screams full price preorder to me. 

abe

« Reply #1013 on: June 28, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

I watched a gameplay video and it looks interesting, but the environments are very plain and barely look like PS3 era, much less PS4.  Not that graphics are everything.  But I'm just not sure it screams full price preorder to me.

I agree. The limited edition is rather underwhelming too. An art book, a bag I'll never use/know where to keep, and a tear-resistant poster. Golly gee NISA... thanks I guess. ??? NISA's LEs have been pretty disappointing lately.

argyle

« Reply #1014 on: June 30, 2014, 10:36:29 pm »
I just ordered an import, the UK version of Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, since apparently the US didn't rate a physical release.   ::)

spac316

« Reply #1015 on: June 30, 2014, 10:41:52 pm »
Pre-ordered Smash Bros. for 3DS. Yep...

abe

« Reply #1016 on: July 01, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »
I just ordered an import, the UK version of Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, since apparently the US didn't rate a physical release.   ::)

Whaaaaaat, Europe got a physical release for that? :o Where did you order your copy from?

argyle

« Reply #1017 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:31 pm »

Whaaaaaat, Europe got a physical release for that? :o Where did you order your copy from?

Amazon 3rd party seller - came out to just under $60 after shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warriors-Gundam-Reborn-Playstation-3/dp/B00LBAM588/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404257940&sr=8-2&keywords=dynasty+warriors+gundam+reborn

Says they only have 8 left, they had 15 when I ordered last night. 

abe

« Reply #1018 on: July 01, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warriors-Gundam-Reborn-Playstation-3/dp/B00LBAM588/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404257940&sr=8-2&keywords=dynasty+warriors+gundam+reborn

Thanks! Hopefully they'll have more in the future so I don't have to get one right now. :P

argyle

« Reply #1019 on: July 01, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »

Thanks! Hopefully they'll have more in the future so I don't have to get one right now. :P

lol, I'm sure they will.  ;)