Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170869 times)

karyann

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1140 on: October 05, 2014, 10:34:17 am »
I pre-ordered Digimon All-Star Rumble! Digimon games get hard to find after their release, so I decided I might as well get it at launch. I also want to encourage the devs to bring us more of these games  ;D

I'd really like to see Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for the Vita get localized. I have a feeling it won't though. :(

Probably won't, but I'd be really happy too if it did  :( That's part of the reason why I want to buy All-Star too.

« Reply #1141 on: October 06, 2014, 12:57:43 pm »
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros Wii U, with the controller
Watch Dogs (Wii U)

And I'm waiting for the moment when I can pre-order Witcher 3's big collector's edition for the PS4.

argyle

« Reply #1142 on: October 07, 2014, 11:19:08 am »
Traded in my Vita yesterday for a whopping $160 at Gamestop.  Thought that was a ridiculous amount for a trade-in.  Used the credit to preorder & pay off a Playstation TV, finished paying off my Alien: Isolation & Tales of Hearts preorders and picked up One Piece: Romance Dawn for the 3DS (technically used, but looks brand-new & even included the unused Club Nintendo code).  And still had a buck left over. :P

Most of the Vita games I want to play are RPGs, and I'd rather play those on the TV.  But my wife still has a Vita, so if I really need/want to play something on it I can.  My 3DS has taken over as my primary portable tho, mainly due to its ability to play DS games. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #1143 on: October 07, 2014, 11:58:41 am »
Traded in my Vita yesterday for a whopping $160 at Gamestop.  Thought that was a ridiculous amount for a trade-in.  Used the credit to preorder & pay off a Playstation TV, finished paying off my Alien: Isolation & Tales of Hearts preorders and picked up One Piece: Romance Dawn for the 3DS (technically used, but looks brand-new & even included the unused Club Nintendo code).  And still had a buck left over. :P

Most of the Vita games I want to play are RPGs, and I'd rather play those on the TV.  But my wife still has a Vita, so if I really need/want to play something on it I can.  My 3DS has taken over as my primary portable tho, mainly due to its ability to play DS games. ;)

Wow $160?!
Is this just the console and charger? What vita model? 1000 or 2000?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1144 on: October 07, 2014, 12:27:17 pm »
I said that I wasn't going to support (spend *my* money) on any more games/series that have always been play-able on tv's that are now receiving exclusively handheld releases (like Persona Q on the 3DS)...and, Damn!  Did I like & want that Persona-themed 3DS case  ???  AND I stuck to my long-time & favorite policy of "voting/speaking with my wallet".

However   ;)

I do not presume to tell anyone else how they should spend their own money and/or what they should/shouldn't or what they can/can't spend it on  :P

So far this month -

- Carrie's pre-ordered / is paying for & giving me a PSTV for my B-Day (true, I'll have to wait until the 25th to get my hand on it :P )

- I've pre-ordered Tears to Tiara 2 for myself (so I can get the 1st run art book with it), and

- She told me a little while ago that she's pre-ordered / is paying for & giving me the Persona Q Premium set as a (tbd/tba) gift!

My B-Day's on 10/25,

Persona Q comes out on 11/25, and

X-Mas is on 12/25  8)

Sooooooo, while I don't know if I'll actually get it in November or December...I DO know that I will be getting it --and-- it's really irrelevant when I get it because I wouldn't be playing it this year, either way AND, I also know that I'm lucky to have such a thoughtful & generous woman for my girl...maybe I should go tell her that  :-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1145 on: October 07, 2014, 12:33:10 pm »

Wow $160?!

Yes, just console & charger.  Mine was the original model, not sure what they're giving for the new one.  The only stipulation is you have to be a Power Up Rewards Pro member - if you are, you should have a coupon code in your active offers on the site that will add $50 to the base trade-in price (which is obviously $110 ;) ). 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #1146 on: October 07, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »

Pretty good deal, considering that you still have access to another system and that you will have a PS TV too!

davifus

« Reply #1147 on: October 07, 2014, 02:50:26 pm »

Wow $160?!

Yes, just console & charger.  Mine was the original model, not sure what they're giving for the new one.  The only stipulation is you have to be a Power Up Rewards Pro member - if you are, you should have a coupon code in your active offers on the site that will add $50 to the base trade-in price (which is obviously $110 ;) ).

Okay, the $110 makes more sense but still a lot from GameStop Trade in. I expected like $70-$90.

abe

« Reply #1148 on: October 07, 2014, 06:15:51 pm »
Now that Tales of Hearts R is finally up for preorder at EB Games in Canada, I put my order in. :) Took them long enough. >:(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #1149 on: October 07, 2014, 10:34:25 pm »

Wow $160?!

Okay, the $110 makes more sense but still a lot from GameStop Trade in. I expected like $70-$90.
I though so too, but I guess they must have uped their trade-in values for various items ever since the new policy was announced about a few months ago. Anyways, $160 is quite an awesome amount of money just for trading in the vita and charger.

davifus

« Reply #1150 on: October 07, 2014, 11:31:19 pm »
Did anybody that preorder Senran Kagura get there Preorder text message from GS?
The date for this game has been constantly changing, and apparently it coming out the 10/8 (tomorrow) for some reason.

desocietas

« Reply #1151 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:24 am »
I though so too, but I guess they must have uped their trade-in values for various items ever since the new policy was announced about a few months ago. Anyways, $160 is quite an awesome amount of money just for trading in the vita and charger.

Ah yeah, the bf started working at Gamestop about a month ago and said right when he was hired that they were about to roll out a better trade-in policy, netting customers something like 20% more than what it used to be.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #1152 on: October 08, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »

Ah yeah, the bf started working at Gamestop about a month ago and said right when he was hired that they were about to roll out a better trade-in policy, netting customers something like 20% more than what it used to be.
It's 20%+ more? That will defenitely help the trade-in of some coveted games, systems, and coveted working phones. I still wouldn't trade in many of my games to Gamestop, but at least they're trying to give people a better value and be more competitive to other stores that allow trade-ins for games so its a good step in the positive direction.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1153 on: October 08, 2014, 12:46:57 pm »
My local GS' newest *push,* that they've been annoying the hell outta' me with, is trying to sell me some kind of new "GS" credit card...is anybody/eveybody else getting this too?

My friend & GS manager told me that her store's expectation/quota is to sell 10 of these per day --but-- reality = that they're lucky to move 3-5 of em a day  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1154 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:30 pm »
My local GS' newest *push,* that they've been annoying the hell outta' me with, is trying to sell me some kind of new "GS" credit card...is anybody/eveybody else getting this too?

My friend & GS manager told me that her store's expectation/quota is to sell 10 of these per day --but-- reality = that they're lucky to move 3-5 of em a day  :o

Absolutely not - they sent me an email about it and it said the starting APR is 27.9%! :o I need another cc like I need another hole in my head anyway, but yeesh - sounds like something to take advantage of younger people who don't have any credit built up yet.