Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170820 times)

devancowan

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1275 on: February 27, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »
Waiting for all these!

1) Titan Souls (Q1) - Vita
2) Metal Gear Solid 5 (Q1) - XBone
3) The Witcher 3 (19/05/2015) - XBone
4) Code name S.T.E.A.M (13/03/2015) - 3DS
5) Neverwinter (Q1) - Bone
6) Etrian Mystery Dungeon (07/05/2015) - 3DS

argyle

« Reply #1276 on: March 05, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »
My updated preorder list:

Tokyo Twilight: Ghost Hunters - 03-10-2015
Code Name S.T.E.A.M. - 03-15-2015
Awakened Fate Ultimatum LE - 03-17-2015
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 03-17-2015
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD CE guide - 03-17-2015
Amiibo - Toad   03-20-2015
Mario Party 10 + Mario Amiibo   - 03-20-2015
Bloodborne - 03-24-2015
Bloodborne CE guide - 03-24-2015
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - 04-10-2015
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (graphic novel) - 05-05-2015
The Witcher 3 - 05-19-2015
The Witcher 3 CE guide - 05-19-2015
Batman: Arkham Knight LE - 06-02-2015
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 9/1/2015
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - ??-??-2015
Kingdom Hearts III - ??-??-??

Waiting for a chance to preorder, or to hear a firm date/possible LE details/etc.:

Tales of Zesteria
Dragon Quest Heroes
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Final Fantasy X-X2 (if the LE is *really* enticing, otherwise I'll wait for a price drop on the standard ed.)
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Persona 5
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Yokai Watch
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #1277 on: March 19, 2015, 12:16:07 pm »
Just snagged a preorder for The Phantom Pain CE from BB (PS4) - dunno how long it will stay in stock, but here's the link if anyone else is interested: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition-playstation-4/4920015.p?id=1219644196218&skuId=4920015

That $20 off thanks to the GCU made it much more appealing. :D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1278 on: March 23, 2015, 02:23:13 pm »
After coming to a (kind of) tough decision - which I'll be talking about & getting around to explaining later this week - I've canceled my pre-orders for both Etrian Odyssey: Mystery Dungeon and Devil Survivor 2; both 3DS games...

...AND, while doing so, I went ahead & prepaid + pre-ordered:

the FFX/X-2 CE for the PS4 (5/12/15),

(why the hell not?  I've already bought it & played it on 2 consecutive generations of Sony hardware; why not make it 3) xD

Operation Abyss for the Vita(TV:) on (6/9/15), and...

(betcha' y'all never woulda' guessed)  ;)

Disgaea 5 PS4 (11/30/15;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Nosmiric

« Reply #1279 on: March 25, 2015, 11:02:16 pm »
I recently preordered the phantom pain collector edition for the PS4....I'M GOING TO GET A FREAKIN' METAL ARM AND I SHOULDN'T BE THIS EXCITED FOR IT.

« Reply #1280 on: March 25, 2015, 11:12:46 pm »
I recently preordered the phantom pain collector edition for the PS4....I'M GOING TO GET A FREAKIN' METAL ARM AND I SHOULDN'T BE THIS EXCITED FOR IT.

That collector's edition would've been more impressive if the arm was to scale lol

I just pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS.  I'm pretty happy to finally get around to playing it.  Didn't own a Wii when it released and it sounds abit pricey to buy now, so getting it cheaper and without any possible motion controls is good to me.

Nosmiric

« Reply #1281 on: March 26, 2015, 12:18:27 am »

That collector's edition would've been more impressive if the arm was to scale lol

I just pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS.  I'm pretty happy to finally get around to playing it.  Didn't own a Wii when it released and it sounds abit pricey to buy now, so getting it cheaper and without any possible motion controls is good to me.

Actually, the Japanese version of TPP has a 1:1 scale arm which looks hella nice. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYWVHAh-FYY)
Also, Xenoblade is reallllly good...To be honesty I'm unsure if the 3DS will do the game justice seeing as the graphics seem very downscaled in quality. But don't let that deter you from the game if you just want to play it!

davifus

« Reply #1282 on: March 26, 2015, 12:37:36 am »
[-]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:40:46 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1283 on: March 26, 2015, 04:18:50 pm »
Actually, the Japanese version of TPP has a 1:1 scale arm which looks hella nice. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYWVHAh-FYY)
Also, Xenoblade is reallllly good...To be honesty I'm unsure if the 3DS will do the game justice seeing as the graphics seem very downscaled in quality. But don't let that deter you from the game if you just want to play it!

From what I've heard, it's an obvious downgrade in visuals, but that it runs very smooth, which I feel is more important in the end, especially on a handheld not known for its visual quality lol

Nosmiric

« Reply #1284 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:42 pm »

From what I've heard, it's an obvious downgrade in visuals, but that it runs very smooth, which I feel is more important in the end, especially on a handheld not known for its visual quality lol

Yeah, well come games do look amazing on the 3DS such as the legend of zelda remakes, but that's only comparing from the previous games. The 3DS is still a fantastic system as far as for portable gaming.

maximo310

« Reply #1285 on: March 26, 2015, 11:58:37 pm »

Yeah, well come games do look amazing on the 3DS such as the legend of zelda remakes, but that's only comparing from the previous games. The 3DS is still a fantastic system as far as for portable gaming.
The downgrade is a bit expected to be honest. The 3DS has some graphical features that give it a mix between Gamecube/Wii in graphical power, and the reason why it's only on the New 3DS, is because apparently the design of the original 3DS has a graphical bottleneck that can limit the GPU performance thanks to the CPU.  At least it seems to run smoothly and the downgrade isn't too bad, and I think certain things may looker better on the small screen compared to a big tv screen.

argyle

« Reply #1286 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:28 am »

I did the same thing - it looks like a really nice set overall, honestly. That steelbook & leather case are pretty swanky too. ;)

I decided to cancel my Xenoblade 3DS preorder. This was before all the visual downgrade talk too. I *love* the game, but the truth is I'm not going to play back through it right now, and if I was I'd probably rather play a New Game + on the Wii version.  I have too many RPGs in my backlog right now that I haven't played at all anyway.

Nosmiric

« Reply #1287 on: March 27, 2015, 09:45:03 am »

I did the same thing - it looks like a really nice set overall, honestly. That steelbook & leather case are pretty swanky too. ;)

I decided to cancel my Xenoblade 3DS preorder. This was before all the visual downgrade talk too. I *love* the game, but the truth is I'm not going to play back through it right now, and if I was I'd probably rather play a New Game + on the Wii version.  I have too many RPGs in my backlog right now that I haven't played at all anyway.

Yeah I feel you man. I just got FF Type-0 and have a bunch of other games like no no kuni and legend of dragoon that I have yet to finish.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:48:56 am by Nosmiric »

soera

« Reply #1288 on: March 27, 2015, 10:35:26 am »

ni no kuni that I have yet to finish.

Epic fail.

Nosmiric

« Reply #1289 on: March 27, 2015, 11:14:13 am »

ni no kuni that I have yet to finish.

Epic fail.
Lol, well when you have a BUNCH of games in a collection you tend to not want to play any games at all on some days.  :(