Author Topic: Which game is owned the most?  (Read 3979 times)

foxhack

Re: Which game is owned the most?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »
No PC or Steam games? I'm surprised at that. Then again we PC players are more or less the weird ones here.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »
I feel special for having the Super Mario Bros. 3 version that didn't make the list. I wonder if people actually paid attention to the difference, or is head version really that much more common?

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »
No PC or Steam games? I'm surprised at that. Then again we PC players are more or less the weird ones here.

I have over 100 games on PC, but those are digital and not really wanting to include them in my collection lol

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 09:16:42 pm »

I have over 100 games on PC, but those are digital and not really wanting to include them in my collection lol

A few collectors here don't add their digital stuff so you're not alone in that regard. I do though. :p Someone has to.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »
I feel special for having the Super Mario Bros. 3 version that didn't make the list. I wonder if people actually paid attention to the difference, or is head version really that much more common?
It's pretty hard to find the label with the "bros." above the hand. I think it was just like that in the first printing.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 01:15:49 am »

A few collectors here don't add their digital stuff so you're not alone in that regard. I do though. :p Someone has to.

Yep, I don't....  It'd be chaos, and I don't "collect" my PC stuff....  I have tons and tons of steam stuff, but I considering more like hoarding....

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 02:03:47 am »
So, let me get this straight, the number on the right is VGCollect's item numbering and the first was Gears Of War?   :-\

Otherwise, cheers to The Legend Of Zelda fans!  I mean Legend Of Zelda, The fans...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Veilor

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 02:42:26 am »
That's a good list and all but....only for NA. There's like 90 more in EU that owns Super Mario World and 113 that owns Super Mario 64. It'd be better if it was more compiled to all users and not only NA/US. I know it's more work to do that, but we want to be included man! XD

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 04:34:54 am »

Serious question for you Foxhack.  I know your big into the Steam games, do you still own or buy physical pc games old or new when ever you can, or do you just only prefer the Steam versions?  I'm just curious

scott

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 09:33:42 am »
So, let me get this straight, the number on the right is VGCollect's item numbering and the first was Gears Of War?   :-\

Ya. Gears of War was the 1st item in the database. Our database is based off of our old DigitalSomething.com website's Currently Playing feature. In that feature folks could add games to it and have a list of games in their profile that they were playing. Eventually the database grew to around 5,000 items and it began to be used as a collection listing. Unfortunately DigitalSomething died due to the difficulty of keeping up on gaming news and the massive server crash that almost wiped out VGC too.

When Matt started designing VGCollect, the item database from DigitalSomething was used as a jumping point to help give us something to build on. A lot of the first game listed are 360/PS3 era games, since that's what folks were playing.

Our first 10 titles are:

1. Gears of War - 360
2. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - PC
3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 360
4. Guitar Hero II - PS2
5. Guitar Hero - PS2
6. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - DS
7. Battlefield 2142 - PC
8. Madden NFL 07 - Wii
9. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - DS
10. Call of Duty 3 - 360
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 02:08:17 pm »
Serious question for you Foxhack.  I know your big into the Steam games, do you still own or buy physical pc games old or new when ever you can, or do you just only prefer the Steam versions?  I'm just curious

It depends.

A lot of newer physical games already require Steam to run, so I just go for the digital versions. And many older games have been re-released on newer gaming sites with proper fixes for modern operating systems, so I tend to replace physical copies with digital ones when possible, especially if the game is a pain to get to run properly. But if the Steam / digital version is different from the physical one (regional differences, censorship, additional features, bonus content, etc.) I tend to keep both around.

And yes, I still buy physical PC games. I just don't get that many anymore because it's pretty difficult to find any locally, and buying them online can be expensive.

90snostalga

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:49 pm »

It depends.

A lot of newer physical games already require Steam to run, so I just go for the digital versions. And many older games have been re-released on newer gaming sites with proper fixes for modern operating systems, so I tend to replace physical copies with digital ones when possible, especially if the game is a pain to get to run properly. But if the Steam / digital version is different from the physical one (regional differences, censorship, additional features, bonus content, etc.) I tend to keep both around.

And yes, I still buy physical PC games. I just don't get that many anymore because it's pretty difficult to find any locally, and buying them online can be expensive.

Ah okay.  I understand.  I'm still trying to figure the Steam thing out tho'.  I read about this game called "Rust" in my GameInformer magazine that actually caught my attention but it said it was through Steam and I did more research and found out more are like this.  It's seems like it's leaning to Steam being the official "virtual console" for pc games.  I'll have to get used to it and learn more about because im still not fully educated on it.

I also seen in the GameInformer magazine that they are releasing a "Steam Machine".  What do you think about that?  Do you plan on getting that when its released?

karyann

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 07:43:21 pm »
There's 2 varients of SMB/DH on the list.  It's #1

Some of these are kind of blowing my mind.  There are more Collector's Edition Zeldas than MTPO.  Weird 

474   Legend of Zelda, The: Collector's Edition   844
462   Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (3 Screw Cartridge)   9145

What I find funny is that there are a lot less NES systems than some NES games.

785   Legend of Zelda, The (Gold Cartridge - 3 Screw Car...   69
571   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game   5603
478   Metroid (3 Screw Cartridge)   5661

But only
449   Nintendo Entertainment System [NA]   7893

I guess there are a lot of people who either don't track their systems or that collect games for systems they don't have. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 07:44:32 pm »
There's 2 varients of SMB/DH on the list.  It's #1

Some of these are kind of blowing my mind.  There are more Collector's Edition Zeldas than MTPO.  Weird 

474   Legend of Zelda, The: Collector's Edition   844

What I find funny is that there are a lot less NES systems than some NES games.

Some people only keep track of games.

karyann

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »
That's a good list and all but....only for NA. There's like 90 more in EU that owns Super Mario World and 113 that owns Super Mario 64. It'd be better if it was more compiled to all users and not only NA/US. I know it's more work to do that, but we want to be included man! XD

NA
http://vgcollect.com/item/6095

EU
http://vgcollect.com/item/17080

There are a lot more who own the NA version, actually :P I think we're just a lot more people (on vgcollect) to live in NA than you are who live in EU, so we mostly have NA stuff.