Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89942 times)

ffxik

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2013, 08:53:10 am »
newest anime, movies, and manga I have

How's that Yu Yu Hakusho movie? I really enjoy the TV series, but I never gave the movie a try.

Are you talking about Poltergeist Report?  It's not bad.  Not the same caliber as the T.V. series but it's worth a watch.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

How's that Yu Yu Hakusho movie? I really enjoy the TV series, but I never gave the movie a try.

Are you talking about Poltergeist Report?  It's not bad.  Not the same caliber as the T.V. series but it's worth a watch.

It's actually the golden seal "movie". "movie" being a loose term because it's more of a lost episode.It's not bad at all, but I'd wait for it to hit about $15 if you plan to pick it up Unless this series happens to be one of your favorite series then go ahead.

ffxik

« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:00 am »

It's actually the golden seal "movie". "movie" being a loose term because it's more of a lost episode.It's not bad at all, but I'd wait for it to hit about $15 if you plan to pick it up Unless this series happens to be one of your favorite series then go ahead.

Ah.  Ok, makes sense I guess.  I enjoy it but it's not one of my favorite series. 

jcalder8

« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:34 am »
I completed the Classic TMNT figure releases by picking up Leonardo and Donatello.

Then this weekend I picked up Han Solo, Greedo and Slave Leia from the 6 inch Black Series. Unfortunately they were sold out of Boba Fett :'(

scott

« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2013, 08:47:32 am »
Couldn't resist and picked up the Star Wars: X-Wing game and the B-Wing expansion pack. Haven't had a chance to play it, but it looks like a lot of fun!

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2013, 08:42:46 am »
No pictures, but...

I've added a 2nd base set, the TIE Advanced, Millennium Falcon and the Slave I to the collection of Star Wars: X-Wing figures. This game is getting sweeter and sweeter.

blipcs76

« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2013, 10:03:05 am »
Received Black Lagoon (blu-ray) for Christmas.  It's my first anime series on blu!

« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »
Not really a collection, but I just bought London Grammar's vinyl LP "If You Wait". A really nice band. They make chilled electronic music, with a powerful voice. Reminds me of some Portishead, without the "trip-hop" side.

htimreimer

« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2013, 02:09:16 pm »
Received Black Lagoon (blu-ray) for Christmas.  It's my first anime series on blu!
great series of anime up until season 3 wear it take a nosedive

scott

« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2014, 12:42:06 pm »
Added a 2nd Base Set of Star Wars: X-Wing and an A-Wing to my X-Wing collection. It's still growing! I'm currently figuring I'll need at least 2 of each small ship in order to give us the most options for changing things up.

Veilor

« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »
I still buy DVD's so I'm currently awaiting a box with all four Alien movies. I have about 200+ DVD's

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2014, 02:37:20 pm »
I still buy DVD's so I'm currently awaiting a box with all four Alien movies. I have about 200+ DVD's

Cool. One of the great series from 80s. Aliens (Alien 2) is my favorite. It was more of an action-movie than it was a horror movie, but it had such a cool look to it, great action scenes, and eye-popping special effects.

And I really liked Alien 3. I know everyone else didn't. And it wasn't as good as Aliens, sure. But I thought it was a still a fine Alien movie. Very intense and claustrophobic feeling. (And it certainly wasn't as bad as Alien: Resurrection.)

Have you seen Prometheus? It's not an Alien movie, per se, but it is connected to the series and set in the same universe. More sci-fi than it is horror or action. But it's a good sci-fi movie, if you like sci-fi movies.

Veilor

« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »

Cool. One of the great series from 80s. Aliens (Alien 2) is my favorite. It was more of an action-movie than it was a horror movie, but it had such a cool look to it, great action scenes, and eye-popping special effects.

And I really liked Alien 3. I know everyone else didn't. And it wasn't as good as Aliens, sure. But I thought it was a still a fine Alien movie. Very intense and claustrophobic feeling. (And it certainly wasn't as bad as Alien: Resurrection.)

Have you seen Prometheus? It's not an Alien movie, per se, but it is connected to the series and set in the same universe. More sci-fi than it is horror or action. But it's a good sci-fi movie, if you like sci-fi movies.

I think they are all great in their own way. And yes I've seen Prometheus. I liked it, but was disappointed at how bad the lead character was as she's from Sweden as I am. I could just hear how bad she sounded when she was telling her backstory and tried using the english accent.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:50:59 pm by Veilor »

Veilor

« Reply #328 on: February 02, 2014, 07:18:42 am »
I started going over my Pokémon Cards which I got 15 years ago (around 1000 of them) and gonna start collecting those also. The first ones! Went over the series I have and don't miss much, but they're hard to come by. Anyway I bought a few cards from auctions, aswell as something to put all my cards in. Before they were in a bag, heh.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:48 am »
it's been a while since I updated this and it includes a bunch of Christmas and birthday stuff
Anime
Noir
Madlax
Hellsing ultimate: Volumes V-VIII

Manga
Berserk vols 7 & 8

TP comics(all start with Batman)
Arkham City
Year One
Dark Victory
Hush
Venom
Knightfall vol 1

CD's
Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath
Foo Fighters: The Colour And The Shape
Rob Zombie: Venomous Rats Regeneration Vendor

Movies
Army of Darkness(Blu)
Triple pack of the Goonies, Germlins, & Germlins 2(Blu)
Your Highness(Blu)
the World's End
Kick-ass 2
Tremors 4 pack
the Forbidden Kingdom
Sherlock Holmes
Underworld Evolution
Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms
Azumi
Austin Powers
Austin Powers: the Spy Who Shagged Me

figure