Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89944 times)

maximo310

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #525 on: September 13, 2014, 11:35:52 pm »
My journey to collect the Dragon Balls has begun!

The 4 star Dragon Ball! Better get the Dragon Radar to find the rest!

foxhack

« Reply #526 on: September 24, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »
These purchases weren't on purpose. They just happened.

Poor Rodney can't believe his eyes.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2014, 12:05:32 pm »
These purchases weren't on purpose. They just happened.

Poor Rodney can't believe his eyes.

Who's looking at Rodney  ;D

Warmsignal

« Reply #528 on: September 26, 2014, 12:12:35 am »

Waited far too long to listen to these guys. Great album. Now to delve into that huge backlog.

« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »

Little addition to my Transformers collection.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:35 am »

Can't wait for it to get here! We need more WCW DVDs like this from WWE!

I also dived head-first into Malibu's Ultraverse comics from the 90s for about a $1 a piece: (Anyone remember the short-lived Ultraforce cartoon on USA Network? It was around the same time as the Savage Dragon, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat cartoons.)

-All New Exiles #0, 1
-Avengers/Ultraforce #1
-Black September #1
-Collector's Guide to the Ultraverse
-Hardcase #1
-Phoenix Resurrection #0, Genesis, Revelations, & Aftermath
-Prime (1993) #1
-Prime (1995) #0, 1, 2
-Prototype #1
-Rune (1994) #1
-Rune (1995) #0, 2
-Ultraforce (1994) #1, 8, 9, 10
-Ultraforce (1995) #0, 1, 2, 3
-Ultraforce/Avengers Preview
-Ultraforce/Spider-Man
-Ultraverse Origins #1
-Ultraverse Year One

And I already have Night Man #1.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:54:19 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »
I also dived head-first into Malibu's Ultraverse comics from the 90s for about a $1 a piece

So 90s it burns.

This is something a friend picked up for me a week ago but I figured I'd post it here too. ;p

Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Edition. That is the Mexican release of the soundtrack CD. My friend found a cheap copy at a local Sears (yes, we have Sears in Mexico) and we thought it was a US import so I asked him to buy it for me. When he brought it over I noticed the "Made in Mexico" symbol in the back and well... there you go.

davifus

« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:44 pm »
I also dived head-first into Malibu's Ultraverse comics from the 90s for about a $1 a piece

So 90s it burns.

This is something a friend picked up for me a week ago but I figured I'd post it here too. ;p

Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Edition. That is the Mexican release of the soundtrack CD. My friend found a cheap copy at a local Sears (yes, we have Sears in Mexico) and we thought it was a US import so I asked him to buy it for me. When he brought it over I noticed the "Made in Mexico" symbol in the back and well... there you go.

I knew BlockBuster is a big thing in Mexico but not Sears.

So in Mexico would Majesco Games be more legit than 1st print Games?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:06 pm »

"What if you found a portal to a parallel universe? What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds? Where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different. And what if you can't find your way home?"

Oh yes, I finally got my grubby mitts on this bad-boy! I will traveling the worlds of what if and could be again soon! 90s style!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2014, 09:23:29 pm »
Got 2 Really awesome Thrash Metal Albums

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »
I love the artwork on that 2nd album. \m/

foxhack

« Reply #536 on: October 01, 2014, 03:31:29 pm »

"What if you found a portal to a parallel universe? What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds? Where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different. And what if you can't find your way home?"

Oh yes, I finally got my grubby mitts on this bad-boy! I will traveling the worlds of what if and could be again soon! 90s style!

I actually found that last week, but left it behind since it was kinda beat up. I used to love that show but damn did the quality tank after season two.

Today's non-game finds:

$1 each. Monty Python Sings is still sealed.

$1.50, $1, $2. About that last DVD well, Heidi was an anime that was fairly popular down here during the early 80s. This appears to be an unlicensed DVD of sorts from Mexico. It has a real Mexican address on the back and it's similar to another one with Saint Seiya episodes that I picked up a while back. It was just too weird to pass up so I grabbed it.

The Spirit is from the same booth where I got the Andy Sidaris sets last week. I went there in hopes of finding the two sets I was missing, but had no luck. The guy had ALL the Tomb Raider games for PS1, but he wanted four bucks each and they were kinda worn out so I left them behind.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #537 on: October 01, 2014, 03:51:15 pm »
^ After season 3 is when the quality tanked, IMO. FOX still had the show up until season 3. It was in season 4 that Sci-Fi channel picked up the show and the budget was slashed.

And the focus shifted from exploring alternate-realities to fighting the Cro-Mags.

foxhack

« Reply #538 on: October 04, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »
So I went into town to pay our monthly bills and I stopped by a supermarket that's in that area to see if they had any cheapo DVDs. Well, they still did, sorta.

These are DVD+Bluray combo packs for The Raven and Chernobyl Diaries. They were priced at $39 MXN - which is about three dollars at current exchange values. I'd passed on the earlier DVD-only releases but couldn't pass up these ones since I'm thinking of buying a Bluray player sooner or later.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #539 on: October 04, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
For only $6.99 at Goodwill! Amazing! These things still hold their original value!