Author Topic: Favorite Retro Console  (Read 8950 times)

soera

Re: Favorite Retro Console
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 10:49:29 am »
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/vgm/3341623785.html

I know the guy selling it if you guys are interested.

jobocan

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 10:59:34 am »
That's an amazing deal, I'd go for it just for the controller... If I didn't live 2600 kilometers away :P
I have a Vectrex and I will say that it is really cool... but my controller is broken (button 4 doesn't work, so I can't shoot in the built-in game) and I still haven't had time to fix it.

As for my favorite old console, no doubt the SNES, it just has the best game library out there.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 11:23:24 am »
As for my favorite old console, no doubt the SNES, it just has the best game library out there.

We will simply have to (friendly:), of course :P
agree to disagree here as I would substitute your "SNES" w/ "Playstation" for the best library
 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:46 am »
Its hard to argue against the Playstation's vast library. But, on the SNES side, its hard to say that there are any games out there on any system at all that can compare to Super Metroid, Zelda: Link to the past, Super Mario RPG, etc. While the library isnt as large as playstation, its library is absolutely solid.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »
Its hard to argue against the Playstation's vast library. But, on the SNES side, its hard to say that there are any games out there on any system at all that can compare to Super Metroid, Zelda: Link to the past, Super Mario RPG, etc. While the library isnt as large as playstation, its library is absolutely solid.

I can agree w/ that.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 05:15:31 pm »
Mine is the Vectrex, still have the one I got christmas 1983/84. Love the vector graphics.
That's awesome!  I plan on getting a Vectrex eventually, they look cool!

You need to get one! It is a cool little machine....

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 06:08:58 pm »

agree to disagree here as I would substitute your "SNES" w/ "Playstation" for the best library
 8)

I frankly don't enjoy the Playstation much. Not that it doesn't have great games, but there's not a lot of games that really come to mind as some of the greats of the industry to me, especially when compared to the SNES :P
Actually, it's not just the Playstation, it's that generation as a whole I'm not too fond of. I love the N64, but it only has a handful of great games. It's the same thing with the Playstation for me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it was a very experimental phase in gaming, where most companies had no idea what they were doing.

Not that I have any issues with you liking the Playstation at all, it's just not really my thing and I felt like failing at explaining myself :P

htimreimer

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »

8)

I frankly don't enjoy the Playstation much. Not that it doesn't have great games, but there's not a lot of games that really come to mind as some of the greats of the industry to me, especially when compared to the SNES :P
Actually, it's not just the Playstation, it's that generation as a whole I'm not too fond of. I love the N64, but it only has a handful of great games. It's the same thing with the Playstation for me. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it was a very experimental phase in gaming, where most companies had no idea what they were doing.

Not that I have any issues with you liking the Playstation at all, it's just not really my thing and I felt like failing at explaining myself :P
that why i hate when people say how bad  the n64 was they dont understand that the n64 was an experiment that started back in early 90s and the reason the n64 does not use cds is because nintendo got burned it just look up snes cd add on 

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »
I'm going to be the odd one out and say the Genesis.  It was my first console.  So much time spent on Sonic and Phantasy Star.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 08:35:10 am »
@jobocan -

Totally cool; man  8)

Depending on when/what people started gaming on, and their preference in genres...there's really no *WRONG* answer here as it's all subjective :P

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 11:54:24 pm »
Top 3 are
1. Genesis
2. Vectrex
3. Dreamcast.
I really dislike the n64, play station and Xbox.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:29 am »
I really dislike the n64, play station and Xbox.

Why?

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »
My favorite is the SNES, followed closely by the original PlayStation. My least fav is the N64...

darko

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 11:31:39 pm »
1) SNES
2) PS2
3) GBA

The PS2 might not be retro enough but hey, I had to make a list :)

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 12:29:58 am »
For me, it's hard to see the Playstation as a retro console. I still remember when it was brand new. My favourite console anyway is Sega Genesis. Second would be the Game Boy.