Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590766 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1035 on: August 31, 2013, 12:03:12 pm »
Your link is asking me to sign in.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1036 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:23 am »
Here's a little something to make you smile today.  It was in a SMS game that I bought.  The Cheese-Tastic-Ness is off the charts!  Check out what I assume is WonderBoy on the right.

desocietas

« Reply #1037 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:22 am »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1038 on: September 11, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »
So...has anyone else here heard anything/know anything about this "VITA TV"?

From what I hear & understand - it will enable *ALL* Vita games (both physical & digital) + all (digital) PSP games (from PSN...not UMD's) to not only be able to output their video to your TV's (I *think* via an HDMI set-up) -BUT- also be made playable via your Sixaxis/Dualshock controller  ;D

IIRC / read correctly...it will cost ~$100.00

*THIS* could go a long ways towards convincing me to finally break-down & buy a Vita.

I realize that (as a 1-handed gamer) I'm in a very, very, very small demographic...so small...in fact, that I doubt that any Devs and/or Pubs will ever focus on us/take us into account enough to make any changes to make things more..."one-handed friendly", shall we say - (even some things that they've already been able to do for 'generations' now, like allowing the player to re-map the control layouts) - much less, invest any kind of money into doing so.

I mean, I own hand-helds & plenty of games for them (a DSi-XL, PSP 3000, 3DS-XL, GameBoy color, etc) & I am capable of playing my turn-based RPG's & SRPG's on therm -BUT- I AM 100% A "CONSOLE-MAN"; DAMNIT!

I don't place much importance on pretty, shiny graphics, cut-scenes, FMV's, CGI's; or any of that shit...but...100 times out of 100 - I would *ALWAYS* prefer to be able to sit comfortably, recline, lay-down; watch/view my game on a big screen over a 'little' one (yes, I do have "XL's" -but- in comparison to my HDTV screens - they're still *small*; so, yes!  in this case (for me:) - size most certainly *DOES* matter)  :o

Not only that, but - for myself - it's so much more comfortable, convenient, intuitive, and preferable to be able to play with "my big stick in my hand"  ;)
than to be constantly looking down, trying to play/control things with the much smaller controls & screens of any of the hand-helds.

Anyone else here with me on this?

Any thoughts, opinions, and/or more info and/or specifics about this "Vita TV"?

Thanks  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1039 on: September 11, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1040 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »
More Randomness

I think I found a way to make a little extra scratch.
http://fargo.craigslist.org/vgm/4057259090.html

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1041 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »
More Randomness

I think I found a way to make a little extra scratch.
http://fargo.craigslist.org/vgm/4057259090.html

Hell yeah!

If you can actually get people to *PAY* you for playing their games for them; Go For It  ;D

That said - To a gamer/For a gamer...kinda' defeats the whole point of buying & playing the games, though; no?!  :o

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1042 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:50 pm »
 :'(

(Since we don't have a 'sweating' emoticon - I went w/ the next closest one that we do have...the tear - another liquid (instead of sweat) coming off/out of the body)

All that to say this...

...Man.

It.

Is.

Fucking.

HOT.

Here.

Today  :-\

Almost 100 degrees with ~100% Humidity  :o

Thought that I was done w/ my pool for the year -but- got my ass out there to add & check the chemicals, add some water, and soak my cranky ass in there for 1/2 hour or so  ;D

What kind of weather/temperatures are the rest of you having now?

soera

« Reply #1043 on: September 11, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »
If that Vita TV comes out, I would get it. Its also the only reason I would buy a vita too.

foxhack

« Reply #1044 on: September 11, 2013, 03:48:07 pm »
100+ish with 50% humidity due to the monsoon storms. The usual. The weather has been crazy these past few days.

This happened in my US hometown on Sunday. Several of the booths at the flea market where I buy my games were -totaled-, roofs collapsed or fell off, everything got drenched and is now unsellable / unusable. I feel bad for these people, they've already been dealing with declining sales and now they have this dumped on them - literally.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1045 on: September 11, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »
:'(

(Since we don't have a 'sweating' emoticon - I went w/ the next closest one that we do have...the tear - another liquid (instead of sweat) coming off/out of the body)

All that to say this...

...Man.

It.

Is.

Fucking.

HOT.

Here.

Today  :-\

Almost 100 degrees with ~100% Humidity  :o

Thought that I was done w/ my pool for the year -but- got my ass out there to add & check the chemicals, add some water, and soak my cranky ass in there for 1/2 hour or so  ;D

100 degrees is a good day, this time of year around here. From about the tail-end of May until mid-October, 100-115 degree weather is normal, and no, I'm not in a desert; Redding, CA. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours north of Sacramento.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1046 on: September 11, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »
I stopped by Goodwill today.

To my surprise, they have the old Coleco Head-to-Head handhelds (pre-date Game Boy).

But the idiots wrote the price in sharpie on the damn screen!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1047 on: September 14, 2013, 11:29:43 am »
3-D GAMING:

Topic.

Do any of you fellow VG-Collectors have the equipment/set-up so that you do (most of or) ALL of your gaming in 3D?

Personally, I've yet to even try and/or see any gaming done in 3-D/on a 3-D TV at all.

My *assumption* is that, at this point, it would probably be like the bigger, flat-screen LCD & Plasma HDTV's...when they 1st came on the market.

Meaning that, they were ridiculously over-priced -and- (back in the early days) they didn't really have enough channels and/or programming to even come close to justifying those kinds of prices.

SO, is 3-D TV (and 3-D gaming) a 'novelty' / 'gimmick' like that...that will, as time goes by, catch-on, greatly decrease in price, and wind-up as the new "standard" (like 8-tracks ==>  vinyl ==> casettes ==> CD's, etc) and/or (like Betamax ==> VHS ==> Laserdiscs ==> DVD's ==> HD-DVD's ==> Blu-Ray)?

*OR* do you guys just see it as more of a "phase"...that will soon be...phased-out?

foxhack

« Reply #1048 on: September 14, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »
I thought it was already being phased out.

Because it's stupid.

This isn't the 1950s.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1049 on: September 14, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »
I thought it was already being phased out.

Because it's stupid.

This isn't the 1950s.

I'm pretty sure that they're still making games that 'feature' and are playable in 3-D, on the 3-D TV's...