Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594855 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1065 on: September 22, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »
I just started playing this today, because I was bored, and was VERY pleasantly surprised:

Tyrian 2000 for PC

Which is an absolutely awesome 2D shoot-em up with upgradable ships (spend points for upgrades), lots of options to upgrade with, great graphics and nice soundtrack, and lots of levels and unlockable bonus levels! And best of all, you can save your game in-between levels.

Highly recommended for shoot-em up fans!

scott

« Reply #1066 on: September 28, 2013, 09:55:33 am »
Aww. I just found out that Blizzard pulled their license from Cryptozoic, and as a result the World of Warcraft TCG is officially dead. :(

It had a really good run, compared to some of the other TCGs out there. And with the Raid and Dungeon decks I was able to turn the game into a pick up and play co-op game, by making a deck for each class and focusing them all on something different. Even after doing so I'm still tweaking and perfecting the decks to make them the best they can be.

Good news is, since the tourney circuit is no longer going to be around, maybe I'll be able to snag a ton of cards on the cheap. And I already have all but one of the Raid decks. And we'll never see the Monk class in the game, so I don't have to build a deck for that class and focus it.

Bad news is, we'll never see any new raids or dungeons and there were a lot of dungeons that had potential. I still wish they had released a Karazhan raid. We'll never see the Monk class, so we'll never know how it played in card format.

All in all the WoW cards will still get a lot of use in my household. Since I made it a pick up and play experience with the raids and dungeons, they'll always have a use. Unlike my Magic cards which have been sitting in binders for years, since no one around me plays any more. So I don't feel like my support of the game has been wasted.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #1067 on: September 28, 2013, 11:53:44 am »
Aww. I just found out that Blizzard pulled their license from Cryptozoic, and as a result the World of Warcraft TCG is officially dead. :(
Probably not. Someone might make another one. Because Blizzard needs the money.

Fuckers. :\

scott

« Reply #1068 on: September 28, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »
Blizzard is releasing a new online card game called "Hearthstone". So I'm sure they want to try to wrangle the TCG players into playing that instead.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1069 on: September 30, 2013, 10:01:55 pm »
So I was in Ross the other day looking for a new jacket since it's starting to get rainy.

I decided to pick up a pair of jeans while I was in there, too. I go try a couple pairs on to get the right size. I come out and decide they aren't going to work. So I put them on the desk at the front of the changing rooms.

The lady asks me if I could get the hangers for her, too. I say no problem and go back to grab them. Only a kid has already made it into the room I was just in. So I go out and tell the lady that.

And she replies, "So, can you go get them?"

Oh yeah, sure, no problem lady. I'll just become a registered sexual offender so you don't have to inconvenience yourself by walking back there after the kid is gone.   ::)

Customer service is dead.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1070 on: October 01, 2013, 09:24:09 am »
So I was in Ross the other day looking for a new jacket since it's starting to get rainy.

I decided to pick up a pair of jeans while I was in there, too. I go try a couple pairs on to get the right size. I come out and decide they aren't going to work. So I put them on the desk at the front of the changing rooms.

The lady asks me if I could get the hangers for her, too. I say no problem and go back to grab them. Only a kid has already made it into the room I was just in. So I go out and tell the lady that.

And she replies, "So, can you go get them?"

Oh yeah, sure, no problem lady. I'll just become a registered sexual offender so you don't have to inconvenience yourself by walking back there after the kid is gone.   ::)

Customer service has been dead and rotting for ages.

Fix'd!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1071 on: October 03, 2013, 09:52:13 am »
I think I just made a life altering decision.  I'm not buying any more consoles.  No more.  I have enough and the ones I already own are plenty for me.  I don't need a 3DO, Colecovision, Vectrex, CD-i, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Neo Geo, or Turbo Duo.  I just need to support the unhealthy amount of consoles I already own.  (I was going to list the consoles I own here, but no one really cares)

*I do reserve the right to go back on this if I find something super cheap.
**Offer excludes consoles yet to be released, as well as Famicom and Super Famicom

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1072 on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:54 am »
I think I just made a life altering decision.  I'm not buying any more consoles.  No more.  I have enough and the ones I already own are plenty for me.  I don't need a 3DO, Colecovision, Vectrex, CD-i, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Neo Geo, or Turbo Duo.  I just need to support the unhealthy amount of consoles I already own.  (I was going to list the consoles I own here, but no one really cares)

**Offer excludes consoles yet to be released, as well as Famicom and Super Famicom

Nothing wrong with that  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #1073 on: October 03, 2013, 01:04:43 pm »

Quick, everyone screenshot this post ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #1074 on: October 03, 2013, 01:22:30 pm »

I'm with you on this one. I decided last year sometime that I'd rather not bother with tracking down many of the older consoles I don't own. It came about after I had to back out of a deal I was working on for a Turbo Duo. I'd much rather track down many of the excellent titles for consoles I already own, than open the floodgates of having to find software for more systems.

Of course that wont stop me from buying the PS4 and going to the next-gen. But as far as classic consoles go, I'm perfectly happy discovering games for the ones I have.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1075 on: October 03, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »
My problem, at this point, is that the 2 consoles left I want to own, Sega CD and 3DO, are hard to find in the wild, and are unreliable at this point of time so I don't want to buy them online.

I already bought a Sega CD, and it stopped reading discs within only a few months. I don't want a repeat of that.

However, there are still handhelds I want that are reliable, Atari Lynx and PSP. So I guess those are my next goals (not counting the new 3DS and Wii U that's still out of my price range).

« Reply #1076 on: October 03, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »
My problem, at this point, is that the 2 consoles left I want to own, Sega CD and 3DO, are hard to find in the wild, and are unreliable at this point of time so I don't want to buy them online.

I already bought a Sega CD, and it stopped reading discs within only a few months. I don't want a repeat of that.

However, there are still handhelds I want that are reliable, Atari Lynx and PSP. So I guess those are my next goals (not counting the new 3DS and Wii U that's still out of my price range).

the systems i still want are

atari 2600, atari lynx, atari jaguar, 3d0, cdi, vita, master system, nomad, wii u, ps4, xbone (this one can wait a long time thou microsoft upset me alot at E3)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1077 on: October 03, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

atari 2600, atari lynx, atari jaguar, 3d0, cdi, vita, master system, nomad, wii u, ps4, xbone (this one can wait a long time thou microsoft upset me alot at E3)

Get a Master System next. It's not expensive to collect for and there's some real fun stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1078 on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:07 pm »

Get a Master System next. It's not expensive to collect for and there's some real fun stuff.

You better get on that one fast. Master System is steadily rising in popularity as of late. It won't be long before the games get to be the price of SNES games.

foxhack

« Reply #1079 on: October 04, 2013, 08:32:12 am »
Speaking of consoles, If someone here wanted to grab a NeoGeo X system, you'd better do it soon - the licensing agreement between SNK Playmore and Tommo to manufacture the system has ended as of October 2, and they're demanding all existing stock be pulled.

http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/termination-of-the-license-agreement-between-tommo-inc-and-snk-playmore-usa-corp
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:33:46 am by foxhack »