Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596433 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10560 on: April 19, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »
You know those occasions when you come across a game you've never heard of on a platform you think you know everything about, and it looks your type of game? Yeah, sorta happened twice. It's like how did I not know about this? I think I know everything about these classic game consoles, guess not.

Anyone played Robo Warrior for NES, what do you think of it? Looks like Bomberman in a way. Don't know how I've never noticed the game before. On another note, I must have overlooked Soul Fighter on the Dreamcast as being just a fighter, because I would have never suspect it as an action/adventure with first person combat.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10561 on: April 19, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »
You know those occasions when you come across a game you've never heard of on a platform you think you know everything about, and it looks your type of game? Yeah, sorta happened twice. It's like how did I not know about this? I think I know everything about these classic game consoles, guess not.

Happens to me all the time with RPGs for the PS2. Just when I think I know all there is to know a series like Growlanser shows up and I'm like, shit I didn't even know that was a thing!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10562 on: April 19, 2016, 11:42:42 pm »

Anyone played Robo Warrior for NES, what do you think of it? Looks like Bomberman in a way. Don't know how I've never noticed the game before. On another note, I must have overlooked Soul Fighter on the Dreamcast as being just a fighter, because I would have never suspect it as an action/adventure with first person combat.

I grew up with RoboWarrior in my childhood NES library. It's pretty similar to Bomberman, but the time-limit on the stages kills it. Especially since you're blindly blowing up things to find your way to the exit with no hints.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10563 on: April 20, 2016, 02:19:44 am »
This is my 100th post. I can finally go to bed now. Gotta rearrange a few shelves in the morning. I have a problem with doing that every few months.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #10564 on: April 20, 2016, 02:50:22 am »
This is my 100th post. I can finally go to bed now. Gotta rearrange a few shelves in the morning. I have a problem with doing that every few months.

Welcome, Jr member :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10565 on: April 20, 2016, 03:22:43 am »

Welcome, Jr member :D
A little more time and I'll graduate from this Weenie Hut Jr. title.

Badges

kashell

« Reply #10566 on: April 20, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

Happens to me all the time with RPGs for the PS2. Just when I think I know all there is to know a series like Growlanser shows up and I'm like, shit I didn't even know that was a thing!

You didn't know about Growlanser? This makes me so very sad.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10567 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:43 am »
But I have it now kashy baby so it's all good in the hood.

kashell

« Reply #10568 on: April 20, 2016, 08:39:45 am »
Excellent.

Play it so we can talk about it!

gf78

« Reply #10569 on: April 20, 2016, 09:39:47 am »
So question to everyone on what I watch tonight. I brought 3 DVDs to dogsit my parents dogs. Do I watch Cyborg 009, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Black Cat?

Evangeline. Greatest anime ever. Period.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #10570 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:54 am »

With a 14 post per day average you should be graduating in no time ;)

Haha I'm just playin', glad to see someone so active on the forums!
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10571 on: April 20, 2016, 09:58:45 am »

With a 14 post per day average you should be graduating in no time ;)

Haha I'm just playin', glad to see someone so active on the forums!
It breaks up the monotony of editing hundreds of database entries.

Badges

kashell

« Reply #10572 on: April 20, 2016, 10:32:53 am »
This month has been relentless. There is/has been something going on every day after work and it shows no signs of stopping when May arrives. Times like these make me wish for a "pause button" for real life.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10573 on: April 20, 2016, 10:59:51 am »
With huge collections how do you guys decide what to play next? Just go for anything? There are definitely some games I know I want to play but I have to push myself over that first like 1 hour of starting a new game hump.

I usually keep a loose schedule in my head that takes what I have yet to play and what is set to release into account. Then, I'll just alternate.

If a Tales title is out soon, I drop everything for it.

AND, if a series starts with "Tears" and ends in "Tiara", I'll just never play it...just to spite dark!

Ahem.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10574 on: April 20, 2016, 11:20:02 am »
I lost a bet last night to DashV on the podcast...... Now I have to shave off my entire beard.  :'(
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730