Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598231 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10545 on: April 19, 2016, 11:27:08 am »
Thoughts on VR?

Any early adopters here?

For me, at this point, it's like 3D...nothing that I really give a shit about.
Ill let others test it first and ill wait to see if devs will adopt it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10546 on: April 19, 2016, 11:28:26 am »
With huge collections how do you guys decide what to play next? Just go for anything? There are definitely some games I know I want to play but I have to push myself over that first like 1 hour of starting a new game hump.

However having the new DLC for Hyrule warriors made me turn into what you just described Kash. I've been playing South Park so I said I would just play one map of HW before switching to South Park to continue where I left off. Next thing I knew it was midnight and my eyes were sore from staring at the screen for 4 hours... ::)

What ever the mood I am in. Sometimes I wanna play sports games, but the next day a Zelda game, or Animal Crossing.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #10547 on: April 19, 2016, 11:38:37 am »
With huge collections how do you guys decide what to play next? Just go for anything? There are definitely some games I know I want to play but I have to push myself over that first like 1 hour of starting a new game hump.

I have my collection exported to a excel file and I follow this logic to figure out what to play:

1. do I want to play anything specifically?
2. do any of my friends want me to play anything specifically? like anything online/challenges
3. go to a random number generator and play that line item in my excel sheet blindly

I always delete games from my excel sheet if I beat them.

sometimes I ask the forums for random numbers instead of the random number generator
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #10548 on: April 19, 2016, 11:51:20 am »
My previous ritual used to be that I would stare at one of my walls of video games (because I would at least have a console in mind) for about 15-30 minutes, and then I would go to bed.  There was probably a bit of talking to myself, possibly out loud.

Now that I committed to the 52 week challenge, I make my decisions based on whether or not I believe I will actually finish the game, or how long I believe it will take to finish a game.  But some times it's also a matter of what do I want to do.  Lately I've been playing through the Assassin's Creed franchise because I've ignored it and friends keep suggesting it to me.

abe

« Reply #10549 on: April 19, 2016, 12:02:07 pm »

Whatever I feel like at the time, or whatever I'm the most excited for. If I'm not sure what to play, I'll usually try to pick a game to play for a system I haven't used much recently. If I'm really stuck I'll use the fortune cookie feature on Backloggery to tell me what to play next.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #10550 on: April 19, 2016, 01:17:44 pm »

Whatever I feel like at the time, or whatever I'm the most excited for. If I'm not sure what to play, I'll usually try to pick a game to play for a system I haven't used much recently. If I'm really stuck I'll use the fortune cookie feature on Backloggery to tell me what to play next.
I'm slowly uploading my collection to Backloggery so that I can use the fortune cookie feature and track my progress in games.

kashell

« Reply #10551 on: April 19, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »

I usually keep a loose schedule in my head that takes what I have yet to play and what is set to release into account. Then, I'll just alternate.

If a Tales title is out soon, I drop everything for it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10552 on: April 19, 2016, 03:44:34 pm »

I usually keep a loose schedule in my head that takes what I have yet to play and what is set to release into account. Then, I'll just alternate.

If a Tales title is out soon, I drop everything for it.

AND, if a series starts with "Tears" and ends in "Tiara", I'll just never play it...just to spite dark!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10553 on: April 19, 2016, 04:47:37 pm »
I'm usually in the middle of a new or "new to me" game.  Right now, I'm still playing BroForce and Kid Dracula when I get time to play a game.  I was thinking earlier, I don't know how long it's been since I finished a game.  I just don't have time. 

abe

« Reply #10554 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:26 pm »
I'm slowly uploading my collection to Backloggery so that I can use the fortune cookie feature and track my progress in games.

It's a pretty useful feature, and a pretty great site. My collection isn't as big as lots of other members here, but keeping track of what I've played/finished would be difficult without Backloggery and is much easier than using a spreadsheet. It's good motivator to keep finishing more games too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #10555 on: April 19, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

It's a pretty useful feature, and a pretty great site. My collection isn't as big as lots of other members here, but keeping track of what I've played/finished would be difficult without Backloggery and is much easier than using a spreadsheet. It's good motivator to keep finishing more games too.

I personally couldn't use the site. There were too many things I didn't like, but the one plus about it was that I found VGCollect because I didn't care for Backloggery   :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10556 on: April 19, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »
So question to everyone on what I watch tonight. I brought 3 DVDs to dogsit my parents dogs. Do I watch Cyborg 009, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Black Cat?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10557 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:11 pm »
So question to everyone on what I watch tonight. I brought 3 DVDs to dogsit my parents dogs. Do I watch Cyborg 009, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Black Cat?
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Badges

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10558 on: April 19, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »

I don't think you read the options.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10559 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:24 pm »

I don't think you read the options.
I did. I just suggested another option.

Badges