Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598200 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10530 on: April 18, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
Just got off the phone with the insurance company, I get to keep the car and they are cutting me a $2.5k check for the difference.  Will definitely cover my deductible for the house and any repairs for the car.

So basically I'll come out even, with a greatly devalued vehicle, I wonder how that'll affect my insurance premiums.

Got a pic of ur cars damage?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #10531 on: April 18, 2016, 03:41:28 pm »
Just got off the phone with the insurance company, I get to keep the car and they are cutting me a $2.5k check for the difference.  Will definitely cover my deductible for the house and any repairs for the car.

So basically I'll come out even, with a greatly devalued vehicle, I wonder how that'll affect my insurance premiums.

Got a pic of ur cars damage?
Not at the moment.  Front windshield being smashed is the only thing that really needs to be fixed.  Tons of dents all over the place, probably costly to repair.  1 really bad dent on the passenger side fender.

Allegedly Safelite will come out and replace the windshield for about $300, but the soonest they can come and do it is like 3 weeks from now.  The whole city is full of smashed up cars.

« Reply #10532 on: April 18, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »
I'm going to New York City this week. I might be stopping at the Nintendo NY store. Let me know if you need anything.   :D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10533 on: April 18, 2016, 06:45:47 pm »
I'm going to New York City this week. I might be stopping at the Nintendo NY store. Let me know if you need anything.   :D

Sweet! badATchaos is all buying us gifts!

Ill take any amiibo, i only have one and its link. ;)

Thanks bud! Your awesome
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #10534 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:51 am »
Has anyone ever popped in a game that they have played before just to kill a few minutes of time? Then, you look at the clock and realize a few minutes has turned into an hour or two? That happened with me and Kirby 3DS last night. Seriously, I wasn't planning on replaying the entire game but now I think I have to.

gf78

« Reply #10535 on: April 19, 2016, 09:15:16 am »
Has anyone ever popped in a game that they have played before just to kill a few minutes of time? Then, you look at the clock and realize a few minutes has turned into an hour or two? That happened with me and Kirby 3DS last night. Seriously, I wasn't planning on replaying the entire game but now I think I have to.

First, I have to say I did a double take when I read this post.  I could have sworn it said "Have you ever pooped in a game."   LOL! 

On topic though, I've done that many times.  I think one of the worst games/series for me to do this with was Halo.  I cannot tell you how many times I started playing the "Silent Cartographer" level only to end up spending hours in that damn game!  Reach was just about as bad.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10536 on: April 19, 2016, 09:35:27 am »
I just found out the printer I got a few years ago has a scanner. I'll be able to upload better quality photos to the database once I figure out how to use it. Working on that now.

EDIT: Figured it out and the pictures are coming out good.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:53:03 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10537 on: April 19, 2016, 09:48:11 am »

I've done this a bunch when I'm testing systems I'm going to get rid of.  I end up wondering where time has gone.  Games like Crazy Taxi end up sucking tons of time from me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:05:55 am by turf »

kashell

« Reply #10538 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:04 am »
I thought of another incident this happened.

After I got my Lasik surgery, I was told to take a nap. Well, I was wired and they didn't give me enough Valium (jerks) so the nap wasn't happening. I decided to begin a new game of Xenogears so I could listen to the world map music. It's really relaxing and I thought that it would be just the thing to knock me out. Welp, that didn't happen. I ended up getting to the desert city instead of taking my nap. Damn that game and it's addictive narrative!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10539 on: April 19, 2016, 10:16:45 am »
Thoughts on VR?

Any early adopters here?

For me, at this point, it's like 3D...nothing that I really give a shit about.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

rayne315

« Reply #10540 on: April 19, 2016, 10:43:28 am »
ill tell you in October or whenever ps vr gets released.

But I have had experiences with vr both in a gaming sense and a learning tool sense. my first experiences with vr were rather mediocre, ~8 years ago we had a trade school come to my high school that brought a welding virtual reality machine in. it was pretty cool just not really on a subject matter that I would care about. the second experience I had was for work. at my job when you get hired on you are trained to operate the product line you will be primarily working with and before they let you on any machines that you could do a lot of damage on and to they train you on a vr simulation of that product. It was quite incredible just how realistic it was and how fun, but I guess what do you expect from multi-million dollar machines. nothing like uprooting a tree with something that is not meant to do that. and my last experience with vr was when my brother purchased the oculas rift developer kit and being able to use it with supported games like skyrim. it was super fun but when I played with it it had this obnoxious thing where the view would jump about. my brother eventually fixed that bug and all it required was the camera to be replaced. but he has been working on an experience with it for a while now and I cant wait to see and test it when it is in a testable state.

to me though vr seems more segregated to a single player role than anything, a different perspective that will make you feel even more a part of the game.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #10541 on: April 19, 2016, 10:52:39 am »
Thoughts on VR?

Any early adopters here?

For me, at this point, it's like 3D...nothing that I really give a shit about.
My wife is pushing for us to buy the Vive, but we already preordered PSVR.  I' have a lazy eye so I don't think I can use VR equipment and not just feel stupid, so I'll probably not jump on that band wagon.  If I can demo the PSVR in any manner before release, I may cancel my pre-order.

I tried using the Google VR using the cardboard headsets and it was interesting, but my other eye kept drifting.  I'm not planning on having a third surgery, so I'm probably out.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10542 on: April 19, 2016, 11:20:22 am »
With huge collections how do you guys decide what to play next? Just go for anything? There are definitely some games I know I want to play but I have to push myself over that first like 1 hour of starting a new game hump.

However having the new DLC for Hyrule warriors made me turn into what you just described Kash. I've been playing South Park so I said I would just play one map of HW before switching to South Park to continue where I left off. Next thing I knew it was midnight and my eyes were sore from staring at the screen for 4 hours... ::)

gf78

« Reply #10543 on: April 19, 2016, 11:24:36 am »
I have to say that my limited exposure to VR has been quite fun.  As I've said before, I have the Gear VR which I use with my Galaxy S6.  The tour of the galaxy is exhilarating as you swoop in and around planets, the sun, etc.  I've watched some Netflix on a virtual big-screen from a virtual couch.

But right now, VR is in it's infancy.  If I didn't already own the S6 and my wife hadn't gotten the Gear VR for free, I wouldn't have taken that plunge.  It also doesn't help that I think with extended periods of play, it would make me sick.  I've found that after about 30 minutes of use, I start burping.  Having experienced motion sickness before, that is how it always starts, at least for me.  I've also felt sick to my stomach after watching 3D movies like Star Trek Into Darkness and Mt. Everest.  I would truly hate to invest the kind of money we are talking about in VR, only to find that I cannot play it long enough to enjoy it. 

Then we have the whole PS4K thing going on.  Will the 4K PS4 be what we really need to enjoy the PSVR proper?  The cost of building a competent PC rig to run Oculus or Vive is more than I can stomach as well.  As excited as I am to see the possibilities of VR, I'm going to sit this one out for now.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #10544 on: April 19, 2016, 11:25:46 am »
With huge collections how do you guys decide what to play next? Just go for anything? There are definitely some games I know I want to play but I have to push myself over that first like 1 hour of starting a new game hump.

I just go with my gut, usually. I first figure out what kind of game I'm feeling like, whether it's a slower puzzle-based game like a point-and-click or something a little more action oriented.  Then, do I want turn-based or real-time combat? The setting of the game can play a part as well, if I'm feeling more sci-fi or fantasy or what.  Sometimes I get in the mood for grinding and pick up a dungeon crawler.

If the game doesn't grab me after the first 30 - 45 min or so, I might end up putting it back on the shelf for another day.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas