Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1544095 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13845 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:30 pm »
Let me start by saying I'm not a Nintendo hater. I own a Wii U and all the systems before that from Nintendo.

But I have to ask: Is anyone here planning on paying $60 for a port of Skyrim on Switch when you can get the game for $20 on any other console?

unfortunately it is my Fiancés favorite game. she wants to be able to play it on the go so its a day 1 buy for us... I personally would love to hold off on it till it does drop.

Thank goodness for Amazon/Best Buy discounts for items at launch... :P Takes the sting out just a little.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13846 on: November 03, 2017, 06:01:18 pm »
I own Skyrim for 3 or 4 platforms right now, and my wife wants to play it eventually.  Luckily she'll probably play on PC.  But that stupid master sword and outfit are stupid tempting.

I'm gonna try and pass on the Switch AND PSVR versions.

kashell

« Reply #13847 on: November 04, 2017, 12:07:54 pm »
.hack Last Recode arrived today. Did anyone else get theirs? And, more importantly, they try it yet? I'd love to hear some impressions.

azure

« Reply #13848 on: November 04, 2017, 12:10:29 pm »
.hack Last Recode arrived today. Did anyone else get theirs? And, more importantly, they try it yet? I'd love to hear some impressions.
I received my copy, but I won't be jumping in anytime soon. I did play the PS2 originals though, so I expect the HD treatment to make the games that much better. I am looking forward to playing the new episode they added when I get around to it.

kashell

« Reply #13849 on: November 04, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »
I received my copy, but I won't be jumping in anytime soon. I did play the PS2 originals though, so I expect the HD treatment to make the games that much better. I am looking forward to playing the new episode they added when I get around to it.

I just finished Star Ocean: The Second Story so I'm ready to start something new. This might be my pick. Either that, or I'll go to the PS2 wall o' games and start something for the first time.

« Reply #13850 on: November 06, 2017, 09:06:16 am »
What a freaking weekend.

Went to head to Alamo Drafthouse Saturday morning to catch Thor: Ragnarok.  Car stalled halfway there.  Spent most of the day waiting for a tow truck and getting it "repaired".

Sunday car was fine and we finally got to see Thor: Ragnarok... fantastic movie.

Today, didn't get too far before my car started acting up again.  Went back home and swapped cars.  Did some looking online and found there is a recall on my car for exactly what's wrong with it.  So luckily I don't have to pay $800 for a repair.  Probably already wasted $200 for no reason.  Sick to my stomach thinking about how I almost spent $1000 in total for stuff that should've been free had I known and done my due diligence in getting the recall taken care of.

Gonna get the recalls taken care of on my secondary vehicle next.

Also, still haven't touched AC:Origins in days.  Still re-inventorying and reorganizing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:29:27 am by ignition365 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #13851 on: November 06, 2017, 10:41:01 am »
I wonder if Wuppo is going to get a physical release on PS4, or not. I guess we'll find out. GS is the only place that has it listed like a physical product, and pushing game disc guarantees with it. Everywhere else points to it just being a PSN download.

« Reply #13852 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:22 am »
I wonder if Wuppo is going to get a physical release on PS4, or not. I guess we'll find out. GS is the only place that has it listed like a physical product, and pushing game disc guarantees with it. Everywhere else points to it just being a PSN download.
Sounds like it is a Soedesco product, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does go physical it showing up on Amazon.

soera

« Reply #13853 on: November 06, 2017, 10:49:11 am »
I can almost guarantee a physical release. I talk to the Exec officer of Soedesco on a regular basis and they are definitely about pushing physical.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13854 on: November 06, 2017, 10:57:09 am »
Sounds like it is a Soedesco product, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does go physical it showing up on Amazon.

I can't find a PS4 page for it on Amazon.

Sick to my stomach thinking about how I almost spent $1000 in total for stuff that should've been free had I known and done my due diligence in getting the recall taken care of.

Luckily I get to be part of a class-action lawsuit against Ford for making garbage transmissions and not rectifying the situation for their customers. Probably won't get much money back, but I'm satisfied knowing they're getting sued big time for unloading garbage on people and never attempting to make it right. Instead they continue making them the exact same way.

« Reply #13855 on: November 08, 2017, 08:25:04 am »
What a freaking weekend.

Went to head to Alamo Drafthouse Saturday morning to catch Thor: Ragnarok.  Car stalled halfway there.  Spent most of the day waiting for a tow truck and getting it "repaired".

Sunday car was fine and we finally got to see Thor: Ragnarok... fantastic movie.

Today, didn't get too far before my car started acting up again.  Went back home and swapped cars.  Did some looking online and found there is a recall on my car for exactly what's wrong with it.  So luckily I don't have to pay $800 for a repair.  Probably already wasted $200 for no reason.  Sick to my stomach thinking about how I almost spent $1000 in total for stuff that should've been free had I known and done my due diligence in getting the recall taken care of.

Gonna get the recalls taken care of on my secondary vehicle next.

Also, still haven't touched AC:Origins in days.  Still re-inventorying and reorganizing.
So... my car's recall got taken care of... but then for some reason I decided to have my mother drive my old car home.  My old car is now probably totaled.  She hit something and now the radiator at least is all torn up and bent into a smile.  Car isn't worth much, so I expect the insurance to total it.

Now I will probably get to make the decision of do I repair the vehicle or do I replace the vehicle.  I was previously looking at trading in my Challenger for a Charger... but now I think that's off the table because I need a 2nd vehicle and I can't do 2 separate auto loans.

Maaaaaaan, this whole thing is stressing me out.  I get to go home today and clean out the car so it can get towed to the shop for an estimate.  Still don't know what to do if the car does get totaled.  Do I buy a Charger, a Dart, or just some junker.  I don't have money for anything at the moment.  I suppose I can maybe plan on it after I get my tax return.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:08:21 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #13856 on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:40 pm »
I need to ditch my Halloween avatar. Hmmm... What to choose..
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #13857 on: November 08, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
Ha.  I'm playing Zelda: Lampshade for no good reason and I just realized that it has a reference to Haunting Ground.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13858 on: November 09, 2017, 12:51:21 pm »
Good news: Third-party developers are now (quote) "rushing" to develop for the Nintendo Switch! Well except for EA, who has publicly said they are still taking a wait-and-see approach.

Apparently the last quarterly earnings reports showed that early third-party developers are reaping in the profits from Switch (especially Ubisoft), and everyone else wants a piece of that pie. Many saying that they will be developing exclusive titles for the platform, even. (This is news from The Know)

Fantastic news as a Nintendo fan. I want Nintendo to have a mainstream console again, like they used to be.

(But as a Wii U owner, I feel completely burned.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:05:02 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13859 on: November 09, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »
Good news: Third-party developers are now (quote) "rushing" to develop for the Nintendo Switch! Well except for EA, who has publicly said they are still taking a wait-and-see approach.

Apparently the last quarterly earnings reports showed that early third-party developers are reaping in the profits from Switch (especially Ubisoft), and everyone else wants a piece of that pie. Many saying that they will be developing exclusive titles for the platform, even. (This is news from The Know)

Fantastic news as a Nintendo fan. I want Nintendo to have a mainstream console again, like they used to be.

(But as a Wii U owner, I feel completely burned.)
Super good fantastico news.

I'm pleased as punch with my Wii U.  Don't get me wrong, we didn't get a REAL Mario or Zelda game for the platform, but I've gotten my worth out of that system with Smash and Nintendo Land alone.