Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1550970 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15300 on: August 31, 2020, 02:51:01 pm »
Its official: Only PS4 will be backwards compatible on PS5.  :(

Still not officially official per my understanding - it came from Ubisoft, not Sony, but it's pretty close.  I just wish they'd rip the band-aid off already.

EDIT: And now Ubisoft has scrubbed the statement from their post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:54:21 pm by Cartagia »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15301 on: August 31, 2020, 08:34:17 pm »
As I get older, I’ve realized there’s 2 real problems that come along with being an adult and gaming.

1) You have less time to play games.
2) You have money to buy all the games you want.

I used to spend time in stores just looking at games and wishing I could buy them. Now, I just look at all the games I’ve bought a wish I could play them.

mark1982

« Reply #15302 on: September 01, 2020, 12:48:19 am »
As I get older, I’ve realized there’s 2 real problems that come along with being an adult and gaming.

1) You have less time to play games.
2) You have money to buy all the games you want.

I used to spend time in stores just looking at games and wishing I could buy them. Now, I just look at all the games I’ve bought a wish I could play them.

I feel you, I'm in the same boat. I have amassed a huge backlog only to stare at it from time to time. I keep telling myself that all those games will be waiting for me during my retirement after my child has grown up. That's a really long time too.

I only play games on my Switch now since it's the easiest to pick and play during breaks when I have the time.
  l    l 

« Reply #15303 on: September 01, 2020, 07:54:28 am »

I feel you, I'm in the same boat. I have amassed a huge backlog only to stare at it from time to time. I keep telling myself that all those games will be waiting for me during my retirement after my child has grown up. That's a really long time too.

I only play games on my Switch now since it's the easiest to pick and play during breaks when I have the time.

It's hard to raise a child and especially more than one child, I give you a thumbs up I don't think I could handle having a child to raise and also going to work everyday

the first 5 years of babysitting I could never do that and work with my mental health
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:57:02 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

kashell

« Reply #15304 on: September 01, 2020, 08:39:31 am »
Happy birthday soera!!

pzeke

« Reply #15305 on: September 01, 2020, 03:27:19 pm »
Hey turf, remember this?

I’m going to try something that I have never done since somewhere around 1985. I’m going to try not to buy any new games in 2020. This doesn’t count gifts for others or stuff I’ve already preordered.

I have a huge backlog of really good games that are going to get lost if I don’t play them.

I’m not asking anyone to do this with me, but I’ll probably need some support.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15306 on: September 01, 2020, 08:54:16 pm »
Hey turf, remember this?

I’m going to try something that I have never done since somewhere around 1985. I’m going to try not to buy any new games in 2020. This doesn’t count gifts for others or stuff I’ve already preordered.

I have a huge backlog of really good games that are going to get lost if I don’t play them.

I’m not asking anyone to do this with me, but I’ll probably need some support.

Yeah. That lasted for about a month.

pzeke

« Reply #15307 on: September 01, 2020, 10:36:51 pm »
Well, I think that should count for something. At least you tried.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 03:16:51 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

soera

« Reply #15308 on: September 02, 2020, 07:53:36 am »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15309 on: September 05, 2020, 04:45:22 pm »
Can you believe no one made a Mario 35th Anniversary Direct thread. Did you people see it?

« Reply #15310 on: September 05, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »
I've almost made a thread a couple of times, but it just didn't feel big enough to warrant one.  3D All Stars is a big deal, but almost everything just felt kind of inevitable.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15311 on: September 05, 2020, 09:54:12 pm »
I've almost made a thread a couple of times, but it just didn't feel big enough to warrant one.  3D All Stars is a big deal, but almost everything just felt kind of inevitable.

I’m digging the Game & Watch. It’ll be hell to get one, but it will be mine.

« Reply #15312 on: September 05, 2020, 10:33:21 pm »

Yeah, outside of 3D All-Stars that is my #1 want.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15313 on: September 06, 2020, 12:43:58 am »
Anyone else been seeing the the memes about how Nintendo didn't improve anything in Super Mario 64?

I find it funny how people don't seem to understand the difference between a remaster and a compilation.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15314 on: September 06, 2020, 03:09:42 am »

Ive pre-orderd it, now we hope and pray.