Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601591 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
I did that once... telling someone that we don't seem to connect, and your not the one... Ended up with her crying on the floor up against the wall holding herself. But she wanted to hear the truth and I didn't want to keep leading her on.. After a couple of months saw her again and she was doing great.. Hung out with her for a bit... and we're still friends.

So it could go two ways.. Either she will be a grownup about it let it go and move on... or act childish throw a tantrum, throw things at you...make sure to hide the knives... once had a crazy psycho that didn't like my perspective about a Star Wars movie that I couldn't wrap my mind around gave her my perspective next I know it knives were being thrown at me....I was quite scarred from this for awhile that sudden movements from women I was dating I would duck or wince away.... still though my favorite of all ex the druggy I met at a club(of course I didn't know she was till later in the relationship) tried to convince me that crack was good for me... It was quite funny because "I told her that the only way I would do crack is if she called up my best friend up and get him to tell me that Crack is good for me... I've never heard him laugh so loud and for so long in my life... Ever since then when girlfriends are brought up that story is rehashed and everyone gets a good laugh out of it.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #451 on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:58 pm »
I honestly think that no matter what you do, its going to be bad. If you said she did nothing wrong, I still cant see the reasoning behind the split. I had times where I split with girls for the stupidest reasons (one of them was breaking it off with this one girl cause she made some weird remark to a former friend of mine's little sister). You will eventually regret it and probably not be able to fix the problem when that time comes.

I know what you're saying, Soera (and you're probably right), but...I guess that at this point in my life, once I'm at the point in a relationship where I know that "this is all this relationship is ever going to be"; I guess that I'd rather just free-up my time to meet & date other people...in the hopes that one of them *will* be "the one".
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #452 on: March 10, 2013, 01:58:20 pm »
I honestly think that no matter what you do, its going to be bad. If you said she did nothing wrong, I still cant see the reasoning behind the split. I had times where I split with girls for the stupidest reasons (one of them was breaking it off with this one girl cause she made some weird remark to a former friend of mine's little sister). You will eventually regret it and probably not be able to fix the problem when that time comes.

I know what you're saying, Soera (and you're probably right), but...I guess that at this point in my life, once I'm at the point in a relationship where I know that "this is all this relationship is ever going to be"; I guess that I'd rather just free-up my time to meet & date other people...in the hopes that one of them *will* be "the one".

Can't let the *potential* for regret hold you back, though.  Fear of that holds a lot of people back, and it can eventually manifest into resentment.  You want to stay with someone because you want to stay with them, not because you're afraid you'll regret it if you don't.  I think it's good to be aware of your gut feelings about something and to go with it.  And if you do regret it, well, it's a lesson learned for the next time you get that gut feeling.

After all, (for what may be the first time anyone has said this in the forum), YOLO!

*laughs*  I hate that "word."  But y'know what I mean - why waste your time staying with someone if you know deep inside that it's not what you want right now?  It's also a disservice to the other person - they, too, could also be looking for their "the one" as it's obvious that it's not you (since you're thinking about breaking up with them).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #453 on: March 16, 2013, 12:57:37 am »
My PC is pissing me off. It keeps overheating and nothing I do can change that, other than getting an entirely new PC. It's gotten to the point that I'm considering selling off parts of my console game collection -just to have enough money to do so-.

I'm just sick of this piece of crap system.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2013, 08:55:47 am »
For me, the whole thought of ever getting back into pc gaming (haven't done any since...floppy discs:) is/would be pretty overwhelming & intimidating - especially, since I haven't kept up w/ pc advancements (well...since...floppy discs:) at all.

Also, I wonder/guess that it would be even harder to game one-handed on a pc; thoughts?

scott

« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:09 am »
There are some specialty "controllers" for PC gaming. Like the Razer Nostromo. But that looks like it's for the left hand. My mouse has 12 buttons on the side, and I've seen people map those buttons for movement, but it looks like it would be confusing as hell.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:06:47 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:54 am »
There are some specialty "controllers" for PC gaming. Like the Razer Nostromo. But that looks like it's for the left hand. My mouse has 12 buttons on the side, and I've seen people map those buttons for movement, but it looks like it would be confusing as hell.

I figured.

Anyhow, I'd probably have too much to learn, just to get competent, when it comes to these new-fangled pc's today  ;D

scott

« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2013, 09:28:51 am »
There are a lot more 1 handed gaming things for PC than consoles though. I think you can thank MMOs for that one. But they all usually require custom mapping of buttons, so each game you'd need to set up a profile for (I think).

foxhack

« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:24 am »
For me, the whole thought of ever getting back into pc gaming (haven't done any since...floppy discs:) is/would be pretty overwhelming & intimidating - especially, since I haven't kept up w/ pc advancements (well...since...floppy discs:) at all.

Also, I wonder/guess that it would be even harder to game one-handed on a pc; thoughts?
It's not that difficult. Just ask Japan. :P

You might not be able to play a lot of the twitchy games that require you to have a mouse to look around but there's lots of other stuff you could play. Most non-3D games can be played with the left hand (but that's the one you're missing, isn't it? :\) and the mouse is only used for selecting stuff. :\

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2013, 11:59:14 am »
Yeah, the left is the one that I lost.

htimreimer

« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2013, 01:11:47 pm »
i'm guessing your a amputee, so there is a xbox controller mod and xbox controllers do work on pc's but other then that there is no one-handed controllers that i can find, but there is hope for the future, take a look at this link, the games i recommend you playing on the pc are tycoon and strategy also point and click adventure games like the nancy drew games series which are fun and one-handed friendly
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:19:29 pm by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2013, 01:22:57 pm »
i'm guessing your a amputee, so there is a xbox controller mod and xbox controllers do work on pc's but other then that there is no one-handed controllers that i can find, but there is hope for the future, take a look at this link, the games i recommend you playing on the pc are tycoon and strategy also point and click adventure games like the nancy drew games series which are fun and one-handed friendly

Thanks - for the link & the suggestions, htimreimer :)

desocietas

« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »
Hopefully I'll be at the GDC awards tomorrow again... Can't wait to see how many folks I pick up with StreetPass tomorrow!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »
nice.

I can't wait to see how many people you street pass in Japan. :P

ko1ru

« Reply #464 on: March 26, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »
Hello again guys!  Back after a brief absence.  I do that, though: I'm active for a bit and then disappear for short periods of time.  Not to worry, I always wander back at some point.  :)