Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1567536 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5835 on: February 03, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »
Nah, I'm stem-deep in Class -o- Crack 2G :o

I read that it uses the back touchscreens on the Vita but - I guess it's nothing major, since it says it's "PSTV" compatible.

That subject's actually a bit of a raw nerve, right now  >:(

I'm all for innovating & trying out new & original things, but...I'm kinda' pissed at the way Gaijinwork's mishandled it (I think) in CoH2G.

They made it so you can use your Vita and/or a PSP, either as a controller or as a "2nd screen to give you much more information"; I guess most people like this?

Me?

I don't want to have to connect a Vita or PSP to get "All of the information/the complete experience:(

Sure - they say (in the same breath) that those who choose not to use it won't be missing anything, WHILE, those who do use it will receive information, options, screens, etc that's exclusive to playing it that way.

I've got no problem with adding *OPTIONS* that you can take or leave --but-- when paying full price for a PS3 game...I want the full experience available...on my PS3 :-\

I know a bunch of us here got it...thoughts on this?

Have a nice time, kash - staying connected or going off the radar?

I haven't played (or even opened) mine yet, but my understanding was that the second screen would show you info that would be available otherwise in a menu somewhere - is that not the case?  ???

I don't believe that that is the case  :'(

The more I play & get into the game...the more I like & appreciate what they did with the game -

*but*

the more that I play, also = the more that I'm learning isn't covered and/or explained in the manual.  This is really disappointing to me as, they obviously spent at least some time & effort, in making the manual nice  :-\

A big example would be the 'Description' page/screen for all of the types of items that can be equipped (weapons, armor, accessories, etc);

it's a huge, very in-depth screen (w/ about 30-50 different icons, 10-20 different stats, 10-20 status effects, 20-30 tpes/affinities & parameters, and it's (color-coded) with ~5 different colors); a veritable abundance of info!

...if, that is, any of it was explained  >:(

I'm not sure *what*, exactly is displayed on the handheld(s) but - if it's important stuff like this - I'm just going to be even more pissed & less likely to show future support.

That's a shame, too - because I'd *like* to be able to support these games but - I won't when there's gaping holes & missing info like this...no matter how badly I might want to play it.  :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5836 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »
watching my 2 and a half year old nephew play donkey kong country is reminding me a lot of when he was first learning to walk lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5837 on: February 04, 2015, 02:21:09 am »
watching my 2 and a half year old nephew play donkey kong country is reminding me a lot of when he was first learning to walk lol

ive been wanting to set up one of my systems and let my nephew play, hes the same age.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #5838 on: February 04, 2015, 07:57:04 am »
I'm still powering my way through MOM Mode in Guilty Gear Xrd. The good news is that I made it to rank 8. The bad news is that I still have 6 more ranks to go. Luckily, I got one on of the more difficult trophies last night: Radio Edit. I made so many mess ups during the time, I surprised myself when I managed to clear it.

foxhack

« Reply #5839 on: February 04, 2015, 08:19:16 pm »
Catching up on adding my physical game collection here. It's a bit tiring.

desocietas

« Reply #5840 on: February 04, 2015, 08:55:15 pm »

Gotta take your time with it, esp if you decide to got at in the way where you make sure the item record is complete (ugh that can be really tiring).

I try to focus just on a platform or just a particular series or part of the alphabet.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5841 on: February 04, 2015, 11:41:37 pm »
Glad I don't have to deal with such a massive collection.  Good luck with that.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5842 on: February 05, 2015, 12:32:30 am »

Gee, must be rough owning so many games.

foxhack

« Reply #5843 on: February 05, 2015, 12:40:49 am »

Gee, must be rough owning so many games.

Yes, it is.

Several people faint at the sight of it. Or maybe it was my face. Dunno.

(Half my collection is digital, so the number isn't really that large.)

kashell

« Reply #5844 on: February 05, 2015, 08:17:12 am »
I think the neat about thing this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

...do all of the games actually get played? In my library, the majority (85%-ish) of my games have been either played to completion or have been given a fair shot (10 to 15 hours). The remaining will be played at some point. For instance, after I'm done with Guilty Gear I plan on beginning Tears to Tiara II with Muramasa on the side for my portable game.

What about other folks?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5845 on: February 05, 2015, 09:14:23 am »
I think the neat about thing :o this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

...do all of the games actually get played? In my library, the majority (85%-ish) of my games have been either played to completion or have been given a fair shot (10 to 15 hours). The remaining will be played at some point. For instance, after I'm done with Guilty Gear I plan on beginning Tears to Tiara II with Muramasa on the side for my portable game.

What about other folks?

your ever-vigilant proof-reader is gonna guess...pre-caffeine?!

to answer your question, though - I'll estimate some #'s

10-15% = games played,

~80% = games i want to/plan on playing,and

~5% = 'fluff' games (gifts, 5 for a dollar ay yard sales, etc).

0% = the # of sports & racing games IMC :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5846 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:55 am »
I think the neat about thing :o this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

What about other folks?

your ever-vigilant proof-reader is gonna guess...pre-caffeine?!

On the money. Do you want to hear about my morning? I know you do! <3

At 3:45 AM, I was wide awake and could not fall back asleep.

At 4:45 AM, I was at the gym doing my thing.

At 5:45 AM, I was leaving the gym and headed back to clean up.

At 6:45 AM, I got to work after getting a mediocre parking spot. By the time I arrived in the office, I was semi-swamped. Granted, I still had time to post on here so....

At 7:00 AM, I met with a colleague until a meeting at 9:00AM.

At 9:30 AM, the meeting ended. And I finally got to sit down with some delightful java.

-FINALLY-

foxhack

« Reply #5847 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:16 am »
I think the neat about thing this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

What about other folks?

Play games HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well I'm actually trying to get through my backlog litle by little nowadays. :p

abe

« Reply #5848 on: February 05, 2015, 11:17:46 am »

What about other folks?

According to my Backloggery, I've only beaten or completed 35.1% of my games. That's not quite accurate though, since I haven't included every game I own because some games don't have endings or some point where I'd consider them finished. I do have interest in playing all the games I own at some point, even though realistically there's some I probably won't get around to playing.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5849 on: February 05, 2015, 11:26:51 am »

What about other folks?

According to my Backloggery, I've only beaten or completed 35.1% of my games. That's not quite accurate though, since I haven't included every game I own because some games don't have endings or some point where I'd consider them finished. I do have interest in playing all the games I own at some point, even though realistically there's some I probably won't get around to playing.

According to vgcollect.com, I'm a silly bitch and have too many games.