Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1659561 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5850 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10:10 pm »
I have played the majority of the games in my collection. Darkadia has this neat option where you can mark the games you have played and haven't played, my list is around 50 (give or take) on the amount of games in my collection I haven't played yet. And seeing my number in my signature, I'd say that's a pretty good ratio.

kashell

« Reply #5851 on: February 05, 2015, 12:41:39 pm »
I have played the majority of the games in my collection. Darkadia has this neat option where you can mark the games you have played and haven't played, my list is around 50 (give or take) on the amount of games in my collection I haven't played yet. And seeing my number in my signature, I'd say that's a pretty good ratio.

Darkadia? Is that like another database?

abe

« Reply #5852 on: February 05, 2015, 12:52:11 pm »

Indeed it is.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5853 on: February 05, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »

Indeed it is.

It is, and I only use it for the pretty shelf display. Matt here said he was going to do the same thing for us here in a future update. So as soon as that happens, that site will be dumped.

Truthfully, their site is kind of broken. I often have to sign in 2 or 3 times during a session there because the site times out my sign-in before I'm done (like in a matter of minutes).

desocietas

« Reply #5854 on: February 05, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

Indeed it is.

It is, and I only use it for the pretty shelf display. Matt here said he was going to do the same thing for us here in a future update. So as soon as that happens, that site will be dumped.

Truthfully, their site is kind of broken. I often have to sign in 2 or 3 times during a session there because the site times out my sign-in before I'm done (like in a matter of minutes).

Hm, I was curious about them because they got some press in PC Gamer or something, and I just kept thinking, "But VGCollect is totally better, I'm sure."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #5855 on: February 05, 2015, 02:27:29 pm »
I think the neat about thing this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

...do all of the games actually get played? In my library, the majority (85%-ish) of my games have been either played to completion or have been given a fair shot (10 to 15 hours). The remaining will be played at some point. For instance, after I'm done with Guilty Gear I plan on beginning Tears to Tiara II with Muramasa on the side for my portable game.

What about other folks?

It's a good question.  I'm on the other side of the spectrum.  It's hard to break up by numbers (I wish I could), but I'd probably estimate something like:

0.05% finished
40% >10 hours
29.95% <10 hours
25% unplayed because it's a sequel to something I've yet to finish
15% unplayed just because

And this isn't really counting all my Steam games... for that it's like 15% played... :/

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #5856 on: February 05, 2015, 03:09:51 pm »
Darkadia is okay if you want to keep a list of the games you have, but it doesn't let you choose a specific version of a game - which we do. So you could have a game and it would use an European cover or such.

I didn't even know the site was still around...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5857 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »
Darkadia is okay if you want to keep a list of the games you have, but it doesn't let you choose a specific version of a game - which we do. So you could have a game and it would use an European cover or such.

I didn't even know the site was still around...

Yeah, you can pick specific versions of games on Darkadia. It's just that no matter how many versions you have, it will show up with the same pic regardless. You have to select an option on details to say which versions you have.

But yeah, this site is better. The site runs better and there's an actual community to be interactive with. I just have hard time parting with that pretty shelf display.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:10:14 pm by burningdoom »

abe

« Reply #5858 on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:44 pm »
I used Darkadia a bit before I settled on a collection website to use long-term. Like others have mentioned, the shelf display was neat. It was okay, but I liked VGCollect a lot better and I'm glad I stayed here. :)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5859 on: February 06, 2015, 01:10:15 am »
I think the neat about thing this site is seeing all of the varied collections. They range from the double digits to the quadruple digits. But, I can't help but to wonder...

...do all of the games actually get played? In my library, the majority (85%-ish) of my games have been either played to completion or have been given a fair shot (10 to 15 hours). The remaining will be played at some point. For instance, after I'm done with Guilty Gear I plan on beginning Tears to Tiara II with Muramasa on the side for my portable game.

What about other folks?

Played, definitely...  Although, a small amount were only past prologue or introduction.  Finished, I'd say more than 15%.  Finished and complete, a little over 10%.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #5860 on: February 06, 2015, 08:06:23 am »
I made more progress in M.O.M. Mode in GG Xrd. Sometimes, it feels like I'm playing Star Ocean again and going for battle trophies. @_@

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5861 on: February 06, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »
Huh.

Is it already old news & common knowledge that the physical copies of the Class of Heroes 2G game have 3 different variants?

From what I understand (and didn't even know until today :-[), the 3 variants just have (1 out of a possible 3) different art work on the discs

You can determine which one you have from the item # on the spine of the case; it will end with an "A", "B", or a "C", accordingly.

I'll let the rest of y'all fight over the privilege of hunting down the 3 different art work & images on the discs And, I'll even let the rest of y'all go ahead with your bad selves & handle any edits and/or submissions :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5862 on: February 06, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »
Huh.

Is it already old news & common knowledge that the physical copies of the Class of Heroes 2G game have 3 different variants?

From what I understand (and didn't even know until today :-[), the 3 variants just have (1 out of a possible 3) different art work on the discs

You can determine which one you have from the item # on the spine of the case; it will end with an "A", "B", or a "C", accordingly.

I'll let the rest of y'all fight over the privilege of hunting down the 3 different art work & images on the discs And, I'll even let the rest of y'all go ahead with your bad selves & handle any edits and/or submissions :P

That's new news to me. :o I'd be happy with having any one of the 3 variants. :'( I still regret not getting a copy when I had the chance.

karyann

« Reply #5863 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:09 pm »
Huh.

What  :o I'l have to check when I'm home! I hope I got the prettiest one :P

kashell

« Reply #5864 on: February 06, 2015, 04:16:43 pm »
That's neat that they did that. Back during the Working Designs days, Ole' Vic did the same-ish thing.

I was lucky when I got my copy of Magic Knight Rayearth because it had Fuu on the disc. She's my favorite of the three characters.