Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597090 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #615 on: April 30, 2013, 12:38:04 am »
The console wars from the early 90's left such an impression on me that when my son came through the house in Mario pajamas singing the theme song from the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon I felt more than a little conflicted. I felt like I need to tell him to pick a side of this fight quit playing the fence.

pacpix

« Reply #616 on: April 30, 2013, 12:39:15 am »
Woo-Hoo!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #617 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:46 pm »
Why do I feel a need to play Pokemon?  I don't even like Pokemon, but I have the urge to play one of the games. Or maybe it's just gas and it will go away.

sin2beta

« Reply #618 on: May 02, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »
Why do I feel a need to play Pokemon?  I don't even like Pokemon, but I have the urge to play one of the games. Or maybe it's just gas and it will go away.

Gas. It's super effective!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

desocietas

« Reply #619 on: May 02, 2013, 07:28:13 pm »
I thought this was pretty interesting...
http://kotaku.com/the-ass-nintendo-doesnt-want-you-to-see-487825312

If the little corner of the cape covered up the side of the swimsuit, it'd be way more suggestive, indeed!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #620 on: May 02, 2013, 07:38:33 pm »
I personally hate censorship. Its just uptight America. I dont know why these people dont realize that the more you try to hide, the harder the people are going to work to find what you are trying to hide. Seriously, its a bikini ... its legal in all 50 states to wear one.

desocietas

« Reply #621 on: May 02, 2013, 07:53:35 pm »
The game itself is rated T... kids 13 and over are definitely used to seeing stuff like that, if not more (unfortunately).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #622 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »
censorship is needed, the only problem is that there no country that knows how to do it. north america censor to much ,japan rarely censor anything and europe censorship is all over the place, i can say for countries but i bet there censorship is just as screwed up

foxhack

« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2013, 01:42:28 am »
censorship is needed
... no it's not.

People can decide what they want to see and what they don't want to see without anyone stepping in to decide for us.

htimreimer

« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:59 am »
censorship is needed
... no it's not.

People can decide what they want to see and what they don't want to see without anyone stepping in to decide for us.

i agree that people should be allowed to decide what they want to see but censorship is still needed. now a days there's a lot of people that are sensitive to violence and certain subjects matters and because of this sensitivity, its not safe for companies to release uncensored content in theaters.

foxhack

« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:13 am »
i agree that people should be allowed to decide what they want to see but censorship is still needed. now a days there's a lot of people that are sensitive to violence and certain subjects matters and because of this sensitivity, its not safe for companies to release uncensored content in theaters.
They can choose not to watch that stuff. Warn them. "This movie may have content that might offend." We're done. No need to censor.

scott

« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2013, 09:03:30 am »
"This picture may contain cheesecake."

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that image. But, I think Nintendo is still in the mind set that they need to be family friendly 100% of the time.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #627 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:23 am »
Not relevant to the current discussion (sorry!) but it's been a while since I've done a doodle and I wanted to share ^^~

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #628 on: May 03, 2013, 10:29:25 am »
censorship is needed
... no it's not.

This!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #629 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:52 am »
Not relevant to the current discussion (sorry!) but it's been a while since I've done a doodle and I wanted to share ^^~

Nice!

Reminds me I need to get back to my artsy stuff too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread