Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663985 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6510 on: March 19, 2015, 01:04:25 pm »
Personally, I'm looking for other titles than the Metal Gear franchise.  Not saying I hate the series, but there are other games.

Castlevania
Hard Corps: Uprising - Contra series
Ring Of Red
Suikoden series
Vandal Hearts series

Maybe even Azure Dreams.  All are at least decent titles.  Hell, port Twinbee, G. I. Joe, The Goonies, and other past titles.  I don't think it'll be the end for Konami.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6511 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »
Holy crap, has Kojima left Konami??? :o If true, that's pretty much the end of Konami.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/konami-website-updates-suggest-kojima-productions-demise

Isn't he just responsible for the Metal Gear series? Granted Metal Gear is a big series for them, but it's not like it's their only success. They still have Castlevania, Silent Hill, Contra, and Gradius. And they do well with licensed stuff like TMNT.

argyle

« Reply #6512 on: March 19, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »
Kojima was involved in both the most recent "resurrection"/success of the Castlevania series as well as the upcoming Silent Hills (and last year's teaser for it, PT). I can't think of anything significant that Konami has done in the past several years that hasn't had his name attached to it in some way.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6513 on: March 19, 2015, 02:48:23 pm »
Kind of like the Inafune leaving Capcom, Kojima leaving Konami sounds like bad news.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6514 on: March 19, 2015, 03:09:08 pm »
Oh yeah, it's bad. Not saying that it's not. Just saying that I doubt it's the end of Konami because of it.

foxhack

« Reply #6515 on: March 19, 2015, 05:19:45 pm »
Konami hasn't released anything but Metal Gear and Pro Evolution Soccer lately.

They're probably going to shut down their game division by the looks of things. They can't even be bothered to use all their existing properties...

abe

« Reply #6516 on: March 19, 2015, 06:01:33 pm »
Kind of like the Inafune leaving Capcom, Kojima leaving Konami sounds like bad news.

I was pretty sad when Inafune left Capcom, but at least he's still making games. It seems like he has more control over what he gets to do now too. Azure Striker Gunvolt was pretty successful and the sequel is already in development. Hopefully if Kojima does leave Konami, he'll move on to do his own thing like Inafune did.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6517 on: March 19, 2015, 07:39:16 pm »
And they do well with licensed stuff like TMNT.

Activision currently has the license for TMNT.  Still, I wouldn't mind playing ports of past titles on PlayStation devices, if possible.

Kojima was involved in both the most recent "resurrection"/success of the Castlevania series as well as the upcoming Silent Hills (and last year's teaser for it, PT). I can't think of anything significant that Konami has done in the past several years that hasn't had his name attached to it in some way.

Zombie Apocalypse series, Hard Corps: Uprising, and Rocket Knight were released within the past seven years on Xbox Live and PSN.  NeverDead on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Not really much of a success but I enjoyed Hard Corps: Uprising and will be looking into the Zombie Apocalypse series.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #6518 on: March 19, 2015, 08:20:07 pm »
Rocket Knight is a horrible game. It probably made Konami lose money.

They also plan to close down Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Arena on the 27th...

Wait. This does seem like a pattern now...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:22:36 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #6519 on: March 19, 2015, 08:45:50 pm »
And they do well with licensed stuff like TMNT.

Activision currently has the license for TMNT.  Still, I wouldn't mind playing ports of past titles on PlayStation devices, if possible.

Zombie Apocalypse series, Hard Corps: Uprising, and Rocket Knight were released within the past seven years on Xbox Live and PSN.  NeverDead on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Not really much of a success but I enjoyed Hard Corps: Uprising and will be looking into the Zombie Apocalypse series.

The fact that you used NeverDead as the sole retail release example, sadly, kinda proves my point.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6520 on: March 19, 2015, 09:10:55 pm »
Do you ever obsess over a game you want? 
There's a WWF Superstars arcade cabinet close. I can't shake it. I want that stupid thing so bad I can't stand it.

abe

« Reply #6521 on: March 19, 2015, 09:22:17 pm »
Do you ever obsess over a game you want? 
There's a WWF Superstars arcade cabinet close. I can't shake it. I want that stupid thing so bad I can't stand it.

I do all the time, though I usually obsess over games or game systems I can't afford at the time. :-[

kashell

« Reply #6522 on: March 20, 2015, 07:55:42 am »
I'm on Chapter 3 of HD Noire. I also got new characters. So, it's clear that Lee-Fi is based off of Chun-Li from Street Fighter. Lid is based off of Snake from Metal Gear. For those playing it (dark) who is Resta supposed represent? She looks like she'd come from a Tales game, but I can't tell if that's the case. @_@

abe

« Reply #6523 on: March 20, 2015, 08:55:38 am »
I'm on Chapter 3 of HD Noire. I also got new characters. So, it's clear that Lee-Fi is based off of Chun-Li from Street Fighter. Lid is based off of Snake from Metal Gear. For those playing it (dark) who is Resta supposed represent? She looks like she'd come from a Tales game, but I can't tell if that's the case. @_@

Resta is a reference to the High Elves from the Record of Agarest War series.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6524 on: March 20, 2015, 09:36:55 am »

Resta is a reference to the High Elves from the Record of Agarest War series.

Heh-Heh!

Thanks for jumping-in there, abe ;D

You saved me from having to reveal just how completely clueless, immensely ignorant, not to mention - how severely stumped I was, by his question to the community-at-large ;)

Hey!

Wait just a minute here; hmm...didn't I just...

... :-[

I'm just starting CH. 5 Kash.

Also, got the trophies for trickin'-out Noire's room, making a Godly Disc, 100 missions, and making 50 items.

Not even close to anyone hitting LV. 99 yet -but- I'm closing in on the 9,999,999 $ one + the 9,999 damage one (today or tomorrow).

I love it when they make every trophy look different and relevant to its requirements!

Have you noticed that they all say "NOR" on the top :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"