Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657956 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9150 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »
fuck complicated interpersonal relationships and their ability to cause pain when they really never should...

so last night I got a phone call from a very good female friend, one I have known for 10+ years, that I have knowingly not talked to for just about a year now because all throughout our friendship I had very deep feelings for her that continue to this day. but also all throughout our friendship she had never dated and had zero want to. well during this call was just the same old typical stuff, just catching up one each others life, and me flirting with every word (completely unintentionally, it just sort of happens with her). she just graduated from college and is going through the hard process of finding a job, and then she asked what the market was like up where I moved and was talking about maybe if she found a job around me we could room together (which is great because I have the room and everything). things like that... and then she mentioned her boyfriend... and I know why it hurt me but I never thought it would hurt me that bad just finding out this small piece of information. this is a person that I spent the better part of a decade trying to get to like me enough to date me. that given the opportunity I would break up with my girlfriend just to be with and finding out that all of it was more or less in vain.

just knowing that I lost probably the only opportunity I will have hurt me very very deeply, also knowing that their is a possibility that she would come and room with me knowing the kind of person she is and her relationship status pretty much screams to me that she will never feel the same way about me that I feel about her.. its just almost unbearable..

I drank pretty heavily after our phone call, which if you know me is extremely out of character, and plan on doing the same tonight just to try and stop me from crying while not in the company of others..

again fuck relationships.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #9151 on: January 19, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »
That's the tough thing about feelings, they aren't always reciprocal... and you can't force them to be. If someone isn't into you from the start, there's a good chance they never will be. The laws of attraction are very spontaneous and seemingly irrational. You probably shouldn't take the outcomes of them too personally.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:45:20 pm by Warmsignal »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9152 on: January 19, 2016, 08:04:54 pm »
Guys, I've got some freaking first world problems. This is why I hate the re-packaging of things into different cases. I've been hoarding up all the South Park seasons on DVD, but I've been careful so far as to not buy any of the slim DVD re-packaged versions. I ordered the next season I needed last week from a retailer who used the image of the box set, yet they send me the slim case. FML? Most sellers fail to see the significance in something like this. But if I'm going to get the slim case version, I'll need to start all over and get ALL of them that way. I'm not mixing them randomly together just because consistency is beyond any and all probability and evidently beyond reasonable expectation... Maybe I should just give up this obsessive behavior and just let disorganization and chaos take over, because that's the way the world would seem to have it so long as I don't fight it off.

I know even if I tell this seller they're misrepresenting the version (and every season they have for sale), they're not going to change it. It's just a few of us who suffer the mental anguish.  :-X

Tell me about it amigo, I'm such an OCD-type when it comes to collecting things a certain style or format.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9153 on: January 20, 2016, 10:40:30 am »
fuck complicated interpersonal relationships and their ability to cause pain when they really never should...

so last night I got a phone call from a very good female friend, one I have known for 10+ years, that I have knowingly not talked to for just about a year now because all throughout our friendship I had very deep feelings for her that continue to this day. but also all throughout our friendship she had never dated and had zero want to. well during this call was just the same old typical stuff, just catching up one each others life, and me flirting with every word (completely unintentionally, it just sort of happens with her). she just graduated from college and is going through the hard process of finding a job, and then she asked what the market was like up where I moved and was talking about maybe if she found a job around me we could room together (which is great because I have the room and everything). things like that... and then she mentioned her boyfriend... and I know why it hurt me but I never thought it would hurt me that bad just finding out this small piece of information. this is a person that I spent the better part of a decade trying to get to like me enough to date me. that given the opportunity I would break up with my girlfriend just to be with and finding out that all of it was more or less in vain.

just knowing that I lost probably the only opportunity I will have hurt me very very deeply, also knowing that their is a possibility that she would come and room with me knowing the kind of person she is and her relationship status pretty much screams to me that she will never feel the same way about me that I feel about her.. its just almost unbearable..

I drank pretty heavily after our phone call, which if you know me is extremely out of character, and plan on doing the same tonight just to try and stop me from crying while not in the company of others..

One of my good buddies went through something similar, kept trying, and trying to get this chick to like him, and see always kept it just friends and he would struggle with it and get upset about it.... My best advice, she has friendzoned you, and since you clearly like her too much to keep it platonic, best off to cut off all ties and move on. My friend ended up doing that, but after she used him, cause she knew he liked her a ton. Sure its gonna suck, but its better off in the long run,

Good luck bud!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9154 on: January 20, 2016, 11:05:33 am »
@rayne: A friend of mine went through the same thing. Sort of. He liked this girl. Rather, he was obsessed with this girl. He kept the feelings to himself for a while.. Then, he let her know his feelings and she turned him down during his early high school years. Following that, he started to get even more obsessed. It was a shit storm. He had to drop of school, seek professional help, moved across the country for a bit and became a completely different person. To this day, he still wishes to make something work with her. It's ridiculous.

You said that you spent the better part of a decade trying to get this girl to date you, yes? That is far too much time wasted. You could have expanded friendships. You could have found a new love interest. This girl stated her feelings years ago and until your recent phone call with her, it seems that you almost moved on. And now you're going through the same emotions again. Do you want to spend another 10 years attempting to make her go on a date with you?

I hope not; you seem like too good of a person to be wasting your years just for the sake of catching the eye of a girl who only wants to be friends. Like fighterpilot said, your best move at this point would be to cut all ties. And it will most likely sting at first. And she might try to get back in touch. Think of yourself first and foremost in this situation and stay away.

I wish my friend would have done the same after everyone begging him to do so, and he's still miserable about the incidents that happened nearly 15 years ago.

gf78

« Reply #9155 on: January 20, 2016, 11:14:15 am »

I'll share a similar story with you rayne.  I've known and had a huge crush on a girl that lives just down the road from me since I was in sixth grade and she was in fifth.  We are talking 1985.  But no matter how much we hung out and did things together, it was always just going to be friends.  I watched her as she went through relationships with other people, they would break up and still, I was friend-zoned.  I watched her get married and move away.  She got divorced, came back home and got married again and moved away a second time.  About three years ago, she moved back home in a house across the road from where she grew up and we hung out. 

I've moved on.  I've been married now twice.  My first wife passed away in an accident.  I love my wife now and our two beautiful girls and wouldn't change a thing.  But I will always have feelings for the "girl next door" and think about her all the time.  She's tried to get me to come visit and hang out and catch up on what's been going on, but I can't and won't do it.  Sometimes, you have to let go of the past and realize as fighterpilot said that no matter what, your feelings aren't going to be reciprocated and it's best to keep your distance and cut ties completely.  You are only going to cause yourself heartache, pining for someone who will never love you back that way.

Best of luck.  Keep your chin up.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #9156 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:18 am »

It sucks, and you can't just turn off feelings, but you know this girl doesn't feel the same way, you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.  I'm sure she has her reasons, whether they be shallow or justified, but you can't change that and you shouldn't abuse yourself over it.

My own personal situations with this, I have low self esteem, so every time I met a girl and became friends, I would obsess over the girl, but I would also always think I'm out of their league, so I would friend zone myself.  At least 2 out of those who knows how many relationships, I found out years later that the feeling was entirely mutual.  I went out with one of the girls and realized that we actually had very very little in common, interests and hobbies don't get conveyed in public settings.  The other girl, by this point she lived who knows where and I had recently started dating the woman who would be my wife.  I stopped talking to a lot of those girls a long long time ago, I don't really keep in touch with any one in general, but I don't know how many times I did that to myself.  But when I think back on it, thinking in hindsight about how I should have done something, I also think about that one relationship, and how I probably have nothing in common with these girls.

Not at all suggesting that that is your situation.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9157 on: January 20, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »
Man, when did the General thread get so deep.

soera

« Reply #9158 on: January 20, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »
Its 611 pages. It was bound to get all sorts of serious in here every once in a while!

kashell

« Reply #9159 on: January 20, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »

You should have seen some of the ones on GameFAQs that helped inspire this thread. There was more drama and feelings than a daytime soap opera.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9160 on: January 20, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »

I think its a good thing, means we are a close nit forum where we can open up to each other and look for advice in life. I feel like I could share stuff with you all and would get good advice from you all.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

90snostalga

« Reply #9161 on: January 20, 2016, 02:54:08 pm »
I just wanted to make a formal announcement that I have officially joined the Dark Side of the Force...

Who's with me????

Warmsignal

« Reply #9162 on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:05 pm »
Anyone want a copy of South Park season 10 on DVD (slim-case version)? $10 shipped. Still in shrinkwrap. Any takers? I really don't want the headache of waiting for a return shipping label. This season has Make Love, Not Warcraft on it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9163 on: January 20, 2016, 05:16:59 pm »
Finished and platinumed Grim Fandango - only took 2 days!

I'm hearing that we're going to get hit with 1-2 feet of snow starting Friday night.  Yuck.

And here it was 70 degrees on Christmas.._WTF?

Starting Pier Solar now then probably Lost Dimension.

What the hell's up, VGC?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:18:35 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9164 on: January 20, 2016, 05:37:58 pm »

I think I dropped my divorce news here. It happens.

What the hell's up, VGC?

Holy shit!  It's good to see you slipping back around. Hope you'll come back full time instead of just lurking.

I just wanted to make a formal announcement that I have officially joined the Dark Side of the Force...

Who's with me????

Come back to the light.  There is good in you.  I can feel it.   8)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:17:14 pm by turf »