Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671333 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10095 on: March 18, 2016, 09:09:49 am »
You were right, Tom - Daredevil season 2 is streaming on Netflix now.  Pretty damned good timing for us, starting 2 days after we finished watching the 1st season :)

Lucky you. ;) I had to wait more than a year for this since finishing the first season. :'(

Coffee junkies may enjoy this. I was sick of killing the Earth and having crappy tasting coffee from a Keurig, so I decided to try something new. This little apparatus is super easy to use and makes a fantastic brew. It's also a nice conversation piece. There are ceramic models, but I went with copper because I'm a klutz that has a tendency to drop things.

Copper Cone Drip Coffee Brewer

I used to use a plastic one like that. They work quite well for how simple they are. For a while I tried using a french press, but I'm a lazy person so that didn't last too long. Cleaning a french press is a pain in the butt. Now I use a more traditional coffee maker that has a thermos thing for a pot. It's easy to use and easy to clean and the coffee stays warm for a really long time.

This is the one I use and I love it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:15:24 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10096 on: March 18, 2016, 09:17:23 am »
Anyone know when the next season of Walking Dead's coming to Netflix?

Couldn't find it anywhere :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #10097 on: March 18, 2016, 09:19:08 am »

Probably next fall.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #10098 on: March 18, 2016, 10:46:23 am »

Not sure...but Rick is a friggin' beast in the new season!   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #10099 on: March 18, 2016, 10:57:57 am »

I don't necessarily trust the site but if you want to watch any series up to the last episode that came out go to Couchtuner.eu  I recommend either a good anti-virus or using a device you don't necessarily care about. I use my old tablet to watch streamed to my tv.

EDIT: I will be able to see this Sundays episode between 10-11pm Central standard time all for free.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:49:50 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #10100 on: March 18, 2016, 11:39:52 am »
I was looking at some old back issue comics I picked up and was admiring the video game advertisements on their back covers. I had one cover dated sometime in late 1992 that was advertising the FCI NES games Hillsfar and Pool of Radiance. I realize that there was far more advanced games on the market at the time in that the SNES had debuted a year earlier as did games like Sonic the Hedgehog. Still it was pretty neat to see NES games being advertised that late into the system's life. What's more, I found another book with a cover date of Jan 2001 which means it came out sometime in late 2000 and the video game ad on it's back cover was for the PS2 game Smuggler's Run.

It's fascinating to me at least to see how far gaming/graphics had come in just 8 years time.  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10101 on: March 18, 2016, 11:41:35 am »

Not sure...but Rick is a friggin' beast in the new season!   :o

Darryl > Rick.

Seriously though, my gf thinks that Darryl's my favorite character cuz he's the one that resembles me the most irl, both in appearance and demeanor, go figure.

gf78

« Reply #10102 on: March 18, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
Darryl > Rick.

Seriously though, my gf thinks that Darryl's my favorite character cuz he's the one that resembles me the most irl, both in appearance and demeanor, go figure.

All the ladies who work at my Dr.'s office are huge Walking Dead fans.  I have them ready to riot because I keep telling them that Darryl and Aaron are going to hook up.  It drives them nuts to hear it.  Then they sit there thinking about it and stew over it.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #10103 on: March 18, 2016, 12:12:26 pm »
I was looking at some old back issue comics I picked up and was admiring the video game advertisements on their back covers. I had one cover dated sometime in late 1992 that was advertising the FCI NES games Hillsfar and Pool of Radiance. I realize that there was far more advanced games on the market at the time in that the SNES had debuted a year earlier as did games like Sonic the Hedgehog. Still it was pretty neat to see NES games being advertised that late into the system's life. What's more, I found another book with a cover date of Jan 2001 which means it came out sometime in late 2000 and the video game ad on it's back cover was for the PS2 game Smuggler's Run.

It's fascinating to me at least to see how far gaming/graphics had come in just 8 years time.  ;)

Back in 1997, I loved the two page adds for Final Fantasy VII.  They were a direct shot at Nintendo's cartridge format.  How do I know?  Because the quote "Sombody get the guys who make cartridge games a blindfold."  I loved those days with adds like that and Crash Bandicoot in front of Nintendo HQ calling Mario out. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10104 on: March 18, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »

Back in 1997, I loved the two page adds for Final Fantasy VII.  They were a direct shot at Nintendo's cartridge format.  How do I know?  Because the quote "Sombody get the guys who make cartridge games a blindfold."  I loved those days with adds like that and Crash Bandicoot in front of Nintendo HQ calling Mario out. 

"Playstation does what NintenDont"  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10105 on: March 18, 2016, 12:55:40 pm »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10106 on: March 18, 2016, 01:24:11 pm »
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming:  8)

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

I need to go back and try and beat red dead revolver.... **** that last mission is hard
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #10107 on: March 18, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming:  8)

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

Could be very, very cool.  It's strange because I'm not a huge fan of Rockstar games, nor am I a huge fan of westerns.  Heck, I'm not a huge fan of big, open-world games in particular.

But everything clicked with Red Dead Redemption for me.  I had a blast playing that game.  So to say I am optimistic about a sequel would be a bit of an understatement!   ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10108 on: March 18, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »
The numbering is bothering me, though. It's like First Blood, followed by Rambo, and then Rambo 3. That has ALWAYS bothered me. And this is doing the same thing: Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, and now Red Dead Redemption 2.

gf78

« Reply #10109 on: March 18, 2016, 02:37:40 pm »
The numbering is bothering me, though. It's like First Blood, followed by Rambo, and then Rambo 3. That has ALWAYS bothered me. And this is doing the same thing: Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, and now Red Dead Redemption 2.

Well, it's not so bad.  Could be worse, as these are at least numbered sequentially.  Unlike the Alien movies.  Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection....and now they are going to make a new movie with Ripley, Hicks and Newt that takes place after Aliens and pretty much completely ignores Alien 3 and Resurrection.   :o

But honestly...that's probably a pretty good idea.  Those movies just got more ridiculous as they went.