Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1551663 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10665 on: April 22, 2016, 02:30:45 pm »
DOUBLE POST!!! because I'm Turf, MOTHER F$%^#&!!

I've been going through my wishlist.  There are only 156 items on it and some of them are way out there, pie-in-the-sky dreams. 

What am I going to do when I get all of those? 

EDIT: I answered my own question.  I just added 77 EU NES games. 
Any of you European members want to help me get these?

You're going to play them to 100% completion!

If I played a different game a day (assuming 2500 or my items are games), It'd be 6 years and 309 days before I made it all the way through my collection. 

Shit.  That puts this obsession in perspective.   :o

But that would be six years a 309 days of sheer bliss.

gf78

« Reply #10666 on: April 22, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »
DOUBLE POST!!! because I'm Turf, MOTHER F$%^#&!!

I've been going through my wishlist.  There are only 156 items on it and some of them are way out there, pie-in-the-sky dreams. 

What am I going to do when I get all of those? 

EDIT: I answered my own question.  I just added 77 EU NES games. 
Any of you European members want to help me get these?

You're going to play them to 100% completion!

If I played a different game a day (assuming 2500 or my items are games), It'd be 6 years and 309 days before I made it all the way through my collection. 

Shit.  That puts this obsession in perspective.   :o

But that would be six years a 309 days of sheer bliss.

I dunno....some games and NES games in particular are pretty horrific.  I couldn't imagine playing through The 'Noid again for one.   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10667 on: April 22, 2016, 02:52:00 pm »
I dunno....some games and NES games in particular are pretty horrific.  I couldn't imagine playing through The 'Noid again for one.   :o

I like Yo! Noid.  It's that damn Deadly Towers and Dr. Jeckyl that get me.

gf78

« Reply #10668 on: April 22, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

I always hated Wizards & Warriors.  The little douche swung his sword like his arm was only six inches long.  It just kinda wiggled around like a dildo stuck to his chest.  Your character had absolutely no reach whatsoever!   >:(

There were a lot of NES games I just shook my head at.  Pretty much any LJN game sucked.  I cannot express how excited I was for the X-Men game and my sheer disappointment when I got it. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #10669 on: April 22, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »

I always hated Wizards & Warriors.  The little douche swung his sword like his arm was only six inches long.  It just kinda wiggled around like a dildo stuck to his chest.  Your character had absolutely no reach whatsoever!   >:(

There were a lot of NES games I just shook my head at.  Pretty much any LJN game sucked.  I cannot express how excited I was for the X-Men game and my sheer disappointment when I got it. 

Oh lawd, that X-Men game was terrible. It was so bad.

Do you know what else is bad? The clock. The weekend is in sight but the clock refuses to cooperate with me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10670 on: April 22, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
Conan on NES has to be the worst NES game I've ever played. And now it's rare and collectible and for the life of me I can't figure out why people would pay such high prices for such a broken game.

desocietas

« Reply #10671 on: April 22, 2016, 03:36:25 pm »

Ya' know, D-Sis, I'm not all that at stealth games myself -and- tbqh, they're not even really one of my favorite genres, but - it's the turn-based aspect and the (S)RPG elements plus, of course, the graphical style and tone of the game that sold me on it.  I'll be sure to let you know more about it as I get into it  ;D

I don't think that I've played/am familiar with anything else by Klei.  What else have you played and liked by them?

Klei also did Don't Starve, a very cute, fun survival game that has various expansions that allow for other terrain and co-op.  They also made Mark of the Ninja.

Then again, I've pretty much given up on trying to play handheld games 1-handed

That said, I've got a pristine 3DS-XL and a PSP 3000 (each with < 5 hours of use on them) and a GameBoy that I'd be pretty highly motivated to sell and/or trade for more 1-handed-friendly/console type games; if anyone's interested.

Hm, I wonder if a controller mod for your 3DS would be able to assist you at all.  You can have it modded so that a controller adapters is built into it, allowing you to plug in whatever controller you like, as long as it has a proper controller adapter.  Whether or not a 1-handed controller would be able to be plugged it would require some research.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #10672 on: April 22, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »
Then again, I've pretty much given up on trying to play handheld games 1-handed

That said, I've got a pristine 3DS-XL and a PSP 3000 (each with < 5 hours of use on them) and a GameBoy that I'd be pretty highly motivated to sell and/or trade for more 1-handed-friendly/console type games; if anyone's interested.
Hm, I wonder if a controller mod for your 3DS would be able to assist you at all.  You can have it modded so that a controller adapters is built into it, allowing you to plug in whatever controller you like, as long as it has a proper controller adapter.  Whether or not a 1-handed controller would be able to be plugged it would require some research.

In theory, you could do one of those 3DS mods so you can use a GameCube controller on it, then use an SNES to GCN controller adapter to use one of the 1-handed SNES controllers that seem to be relatively easy and cheap to get on eBay.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10673 on: April 22, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »
Does anyone else have a stop point where they can no longer enjoy games any older?

I'm that way. Most systems before the NES, I just can't get into. And I've tried. I've owned an Atari 2600 with about 50 games. And I just don't enjoy the single-screen games, or simplicity of the games of that era. I want to feel like I'm making progress, or exploring, or at least furthering a story in a game.

I do like some games on the Commodore 64, though. If only it didn't have the crazy load-times.

Anyone else feel this way?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10674 on: April 22, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »
I consistently see 2600 games at the flea market near me, I guess it might be because most of my gaming is in-depth single player gaming nowadays but those games just dont interest me either. If I could sit with my dad once a month and play 2600 for a few hours and have him reminisce I would buy one but I agree with ya burning, i think its just a fact of the types of games on the 2600. I beat adventure with my friend as a kid on his dads 2600 and i just associate that system with playing with others.

tpugmire

« Reply #10675 on: April 22, 2016, 04:44:48 pm »
Why do those adapters that let you play Famicom games on a NES cost so much?  They cost more than the damn game I want to play.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10676 on: April 22, 2016, 06:10:52 pm »
Why do those adapters that let you play Famicom games on a NES cost so much?  They cost more than the damn game I want to play.

I've always wanted one of the legit ones.  They're high though.

Buy a gyromite with a converter off of eBay. They're like $25

soera

« Reply #10677 on: April 22, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »
Does anyone else have a stop point where they can no longer enjoy games any older?

I am mostly like this. There are very few games I can enjoy that arent new school.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10678 on: April 22, 2016, 07:12:40 pm »

I'm that way. Most systems before the NES, I just can't get into. And I've tried. I've owned an Atari 2600 with about 50 games. And I just don't enjoy the single-screen games, or simplicity of the games of that era. I want to feel like I'm making progress, or exploring, or at least furthering a story in a game.

I do like some games on the Commodore 64, though. If only it didn't have the crazy load-times.

I enjoy 2600 games, but 2600 was one of my original systems as a kid.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #10679 on: April 22, 2016, 07:55:32 pm »

The opposite. I have an aversion towards most modern gaming, nowadays. Too complex, unnecessary features within features, convolution, cinematic stories, all sorts of stuff I don't want in my games.

Atari is mostly just bad ports of oldschool arcade games. You play them for the high score and that's it. Move onto another game, because likely no one else is going to try to beat your score.