Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1550935 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11340 on: June 13, 2016, 09:10:46 am »
Some folks on here reached out to me, and I appreciate that. Yesterday, I attended a vigil honoring Orlando and everything that happened.

I'll often times bitch and complain about this city, but it was really something special to see everyone get together.

Nashville Vigil

gf78

« Reply #11341 on: June 13, 2016, 09:19:04 am »
I got busy yesterday afternoon, come back this morning and the thread I started was locked.  After reading it, I understand why.  It wasn't my intention for it to become an issue, I just wanted to express my sympathies for such a senseless, stupid thing.  One of the people I "talk" to the most on here through private messages would be Kashel and he knows my feelings on these matters.  It's utterly appalling what has happened.  I cannot even fathom what goes through the mind of a person who kills somebody, let alone 50 or more people with the intent to kill every single person they could.

I look around where I work and see the same faces leave and come back time & time again.  Then I see pure evil like this spread it's wings and claim innocent lives.  To say that lately I have been having a severe lack of faith in humanity doesn't begin to describe how I actually feel.  Honestly, it makes me feel hopeless.

But...I don't want anyone to reply to this, lest it may become an issue again.  Just wanted everyone to know that my thoughts are with the victims, the survivors and the myriad families, friends,  loved ones and everyone else that this has had a profound effect on.  And...that's all really.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11342 on: June 13, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »
Hilarious!

karyann

« Reply #11343 on: June 13, 2016, 06:53:30 pm »
I really have to play Skyrim, I won't have any reason not to when that definitive edition comes out! I also have a friend at work who would like me to play Overwatch but I'm still unsure how I feel about it after playing the beta, and $80 for a game I'm not sure I'll like sounds a bit steep  :-\ I guess I'll just finish Atelier Totori for now  ::) I resumed playing this weekend and I can't stop now, so I guess that shouldn't take much longer.

kashell

« Reply #11344 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:53 am »
I really have to play Skyrim, I won't have any reason not to when that definitive edition comes out! I also have a friend at work who would like me to play Overwatch but I'm still unsure how I feel about it after playing the beta, and $80 for a game I'm not sure I'll like sounds a bit steep  :-\ I guess I'll just finish Atelier Totori for now  ::) I resumed playing this weekend and I can't stop now, so I guess that shouldn't take much longer.

Atelier Totori is an excellent choice, but I think you already knew that. <3

gf78

« Reply #11345 on: June 14, 2016, 08:17:24 am »

Ah....Skyrim.  That game sucked me in like no other RPG before.  I really don't know what the magic combination was, but I had more fun playing that then most other games released.  Like...ever.  Fus Ro Dah!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

rayne315

« Reply #11346 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

Ah....Skyrim.  That game sucked me in like no other RPG before.  I really don't know what the magic combination was, but I had more fun playing that then most other games released.  Like...ever.  Fus Ro Dah!

LMAO. a few weeks ago while I was going to work I passed by a school and heard one of the kids (8-10 years old) yell "Fus Ro Dah" and push another kid so hard he got lifted off his feet into the air. I was like hell yeah.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11347 on: June 14, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »
Skyrim is the root of all evil....

looks like more wasteddays playing
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #11348 on: June 14, 2016, 01:02:37 pm »

There is a lady here where I work that got me to quit playing.  She's one of those people that talk 90mph and you can't get a word in.  And guess what she talked about @ 90mph for eight hours straight?  Yep.  Skyrim.  She even tattooed the dragon rune on her forearm.  No joke.  I heard about Skyrim so much....I quit playing it.  I'm actually dreading when she comes across me (we don't work right near each other now) and starts going on about the remaster.   :(

karyann

« Reply #11349 on: June 14, 2016, 06:53:51 pm »

There is a lady here where I work that got me to quit playing.  She's one of those people that talk 90mph and you can't get a word in.  And guess what she talked about @ 90mph for eight hours straight?  Yep.  Skyrim.  She even tattooed the dragon rune on her forearm.  No joke.  I heard about Skyrim so much....I quit playing it.  I'm actually dreading when she comes across me (we don't work right near each other now) and starts going on about the remaster.   :(

Hahaha that reminds me of my mom. I got her to play Ingress and for 2 years that was the only thing she could talk about. Nevermind that I hadn't seen her in 2 months and had a lot of things to talk about, she'd cut me to talk about Ingress.  ::) Thankfully she's calmed down a little, but boy. She was practically breathing Ingress.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11350 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »
So finally bought myself a car, paid off in full. Another Focus, but this one is much cooler and newer, as it's a hatch back 2013 model. I've still got that new car fever where I wanna go driving for any reason I can think of. :p

kashell

« Reply #11351 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:49 am »
Congrats on the new wheels! As always, drive carefully and buckle that seatbelt. Don't text and drive!

tpugmire

« Reply #11352 on: June 15, 2016, 08:35:47 am »
Some folks on here reached out to me, and I appreciate that. Yesterday, I attended a vigil honoring Orlando and everything that happened.

I'll often times bitch and complain about this city, but it was really something special to see everyone get together.

Nashville Vigil

My wife went to the vigil here and wound up on the front page of the newspaper. I would have gone too, but I was still at work when it was held.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Warmsignal

« Reply #11353 on: June 15, 2016, 09:02:56 am »
Congrats on the new wheels! As always, drive carefully and buckle that seatbelt. Don't text and drive!

Thanks! Fortunately it is capable of sending and reading your texts to you by pushing a button on the steering wheel.

gf78

« Reply #11354 on: June 15, 2016, 10:56:10 am »
Downloaded a cool little VR "app" last night for my Gear VR.  It's an Avengers Age of Ultron interactive.  You are in Avengers mansion, looking out of the window.  You are Iron Man as your head movements make Iron Man's head in the reflection move.  Your HUD shows Jarvis warning you of an attack.  As you look around, you punch your left hand into your right palm and turn to fight.  As the interactive progresses, you destroy several Ultron robots with your repulsor.  The camera then pans over to Thor who throws his hammer.  His hammer passes Cap as he tosses his shield.  As hammers and shields are demolishing robot lackeys, the camera takes you on a close "fly-by" of the Hulk as he is viciously dismembering a robot.  It all culminates as Ultron himself with Loki's staff in hand turns to look at you.  During the interactive, you can turn 360 to see all kinds of things going on.  Such as after Thor throw Mjolnir, if you turn around to your right, you will see him stepping on a shelf to jump higher into the air.  It's all pretty dramatic and cool and really shows off VR.  On a re-watch, I kept my eyes on Hulk as he angrily grimaced at me.  The entire time, debris and destruction are happening on a major scale around you. 

Of course with VR, it's not real life.  You know that.  There is that "screen door effect" you hear people talk about.  In case you don't know, it's basically that your eyes are so close to the screen, you can make out individual pixels.  This is the reality of current technological limits to displays.  And considering that this is a little sub-$100 kit that Samsung actually gave me for free, it's forgivable and frankly - pretty friggin' cool.  And when you are playing a game, or immersed in the middle of an interactive or passively watching a movie...for a minute your mind forgets you are in a virtual environment and you find yourself reaching for that virtual remote on the virtual couch you are sitting on.  Even something like Temple Run when you screw up and run head-first into an obstacle will make you flinch.  Riding in a virtual roller coaster at Six Flags will make you lurch. 

I guess I am saying give it a try when you can.  Whether it's Gear VR, Oculus, Rift, PS VR, etc.  It's not gimmicky (at least IMO) like motion controls or 3D.  It's pretty damn sweet.

Ok...done being a VR evangelist for the day!  My apologies for the wall-o-text.   :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:58:46 am by gf78 »