Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1591838 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11985 on: September 01, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »
So many times I've seen stuff like that.  Or it's towards the end of the day and you'll see them walk around a building and hop into their lexus.

kashell

« Reply #11986 on: September 01, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »
I've never seen the Lexus scenario. That would infuriate me.

« Reply #11987 on: September 01, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »
I have.  I've also seen people who have posted similar videos online showing it.

rayne315

« Reply #11988 on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »
I have.  I've also seen people who have posted similar videos online showing it.

well yeah when you think about it very hard you realize that in places like new York city during the holidays when people are at their most generous you can easily make over $200 an hour begging. just because there are thousands of people who will pass by you every hour and if you can get a buck out of just a fraction of those people you can make a lot of money. there are people who will take time off of work just to go and beg out there and make more for their time than at their job
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #11989 on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »
I'm surprised folks aren't talking about the Nintendo Direct from this morning.. I haven't watched it, but they did unveil these guys:

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11990 on: September 01, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
I'm surprised folks aren't talking about the Nintendo Direct from this morning.. I haven't watched it, but they did unveil these guys:

*Zelda Amiibo

basically that,streetpass update and in pokemon Sun and Moon there are these Z-Moves(basically and Ultimate Move used once per Battle) and how certain Pokemon will have specific ones such as Alohan Raichu and Snorlax are the Big Highlights.

other than That
-Super Mario Maker coming to 3DS without upload capabilities
-Yoshi's Woolly World coming to 3DS as Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World with Poochy based levels
-Poochy amiibo
-Update to Animal Crossing new Leaf to add amiibo Functionality and new Amiibo cards
-Mario Sports SuperStars
-overview of Mario Party: Star Rush game modes
-Picross 3D: Round 2 available now
-3DS Download title Tank Trooper this winter (New Title)
-Indie titles released this mointh will be discounted
-Skyward Sword released on the Wii U Virtual Console
-Hyrule warriors new Weapon for Toon Link: sand rod, New Character: Toon Zelda
-Phoenix Wright Sept 8
- Dragon Quest VIII 2017
-YoKai Watch 2 Demo Mid-September
-Disney Magical world 2 oct 14
-Disney 3ds Themes coming
-Sonic Boom Fire & Ice Sept 27 includes DVD containing 3 episodes
-SMT IV Apocalypse Sept 20
-Woolly World Shorts
-Ever Oasis overview
-Pikmin 3DS announced it's a sidescrolling Adventure which I think is Okay cause I don't think you could have a normal Pikmin game on a handheld
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:50:35 pm by redblaze57 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #11991 on: September 01, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »
Why is that you always want to believe people are honest when they are begging you for gas money, you fall for it, and then they immediately reveal themselves to be lying, ungrateful junkies?

Gave a dude $5 after I bought into his story then he has the nerve to ask me for the change he saw that I also had. ??? I just gave you more than probably anyone in their right mind should. You'd think bums of all people would have at least some understanding of gratefulness. But no, they seem think you owe them, and basically everything you've got.

I stopped giving money a while ago. Maybe about ten or so years ago, my friend and I were leaving the mall and a woman came up to us and asked for money for the bus. I gave her a few dollars and she gave me the usual "thank you so much" and "God bless you" and such. As we got into the car, we see this woman run around the corner and buy a 40 in a brown paper bag. So much for the bus. Lessons learned.

Oh yes, I was quite heavily blessed according to this man. "Gimme those quarters, you got lots of change!" Then he tries to flag me down around the next corner again. This was in front of the post office, where I often go. So if I see him again, maybe they'll do something if I tell them he's bumming off of all of their customers.

tpugmire

« Reply #11992 on: September 01, 2016, 09:23:33 pm »
I didn't hear about the Nintendo Direct, but I'm loving that 8-bit Link Amiibo.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #11993 on: September 02, 2016, 09:03:48 am »
Why is that you always want to believe people are honest when they are begging you for gas money, you fall for it, and then they immediately reveal themselves to be lying, ungrateful junkies?

Gave a dude $5 after I bought into his story then he has the nerve to ask me for the change he saw that I also had. ??? I just gave you more than probably anyone in their right mind should. You'd think bums of all people would have at least some understanding of gratefulness. But no, they seem think you owe them, and basically everything you've got.

I stopped giving money a while ago. Maybe about ten or so years ago, my friend and I were leaving the mall and a woman came up to us and asked for money for the bus. I gave her a few dollars and she gave me the usual "thank you so much" and "God bless you" and such. As we got into the car, we see this woman run around the corner and buy a 40 in a brown paper bag. So much for the bus. Lessons learned.

Oh yes, I was quite heavily blessed according to this man. "Gimme those quarters, you got lots of change!" Then he tries to flag me down around the next corner again. This was in front of the post office, where I often go. So if I see him again, maybe they'll do something if I tell them he's bumming off of all of their customers.

They might. When I lived in Atlanta, folks would tell the security officers around MARTA if folks were begging. Their numbers began to dwindle with each passing day.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11994 on: September 02, 2016, 10:16:34 am »

-Ever Oasis gone over

What does that mean?

desocietas

« Reply #11995 on: September 02, 2016, 12:25:53 pm »

-Ever Oasis gone over

What does that mean?

I think they just meant that they went over Ever Oasis as an overview. Wasn't what I was expecting, but still kinda cute:

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #11996 on: September 02, 2016, 12:34:03 pm »
I would like imput by someone who is familiar with stock markets. im debating on making a substantial investment (for me) in a Taiwanese company called Macronix International Co., Ltd. these are the people who supply all the rom chips for Nintendo ds/3ds game cartridges. the reason I want to invest in them is for a few reasons:

1. with the decrease of chip sales (their main business) they are at a very low value (4.14 TWD or 0.13 USD or a market cap of 14.97billion TWD or 473million USD)
2. they have been dropping hints that they will be working with Nintendo on the NX and macronix's newer 75Nm rom chip capable of holdng MUCH MUCH more data than one currently in the 3ds like close to if not more than that of a bluray.
3. the possibility of the NX using cartridge based games (which if you don't know are actually faster than both reading from cd and reading from system memory) which has the possibility of pushing close to if not over 1 Billion chips the console generation. which would make their stock jump quite a lot.
4. from march 2006 to july 2007 there was a almost 400% increase in stock price that can be attributed to the Nintendo ds picking up in game sales (I looked over the sale numbers myself to make sure). and the stock currently is ~20-40% lower today than the low point in march of 2006.

of course the obvious negative that will make a loss very likely...

1. TWD to USD transfer rates can easily screw up these numbers and alter it either way (positively or negatively) and as I have never researched how currency transfer rates work I cant say for certain if its wise to invest in a Taiwanese company.
2. Taxes. I intend on keeping the investment for a minimum of 1 year making my US taxes on all potential income low-ish (15% instead of 30-35% for shorter than a year investment) but I do not know if  will also have to pay Taiwan's taxes on the return either. plus my brokerage fee (although low-ist 2-5% could radically affect any profits)
3. if the NX decides to go either cd only of download only I can easily make nothing.
4... should be more here but im drawing a blank.

So if you have any experience with stocks and think this is a wise/unwise investment I would love to hear from you.

also feel free to invest yourself if this sounds good to you, but do your own research to be informed for yourself before hand

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:36:11 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11997 on: September 02, 2016, 12:52:50 pm »

-Ever Oasis gone over

What does that mean?

I think they just meant that they went over Ever Oasis as an overview. Wasn't what I was expecting, but still kinda cute:

Basically, i fixed what I wrote there. I blame the lack of a 12th cup of coffee at the time for thinking that sounded right.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11998 on: September 02, 2016, 01:04:38 pm »

-Ever Oasis gone over

What does that mean?

Basically, i fixed what I wrote there. I blame the lack of a 12th cup of coffee at the time for thinking that sounded right.

My first thoughts were that the game was cancelled or something because the others said coming to 3DS, Wii U, releasing Oct, etc... It's gone, it's over! The dream is dead. lol

desocietas

« Reply #11999 on: September 02, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »
haha, no worries redblaze!

I didn't realize Ever Oasis would be so Zelda-y. Could be fun though. I've never been much of a Zelda fan, but puzzles and cute animals are usually my sort of thing on paper.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas