Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600775 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12360 on: November 28, 2016, 03:00:40 pm »
They pulled the same stunt with me when I ordered the Star Ocean 5 LE from them. It's awful.

« Reply #12361 on: November 28, 2016, 03:50:32 pm »
A rant. I am a pre-order kind of guy. I pre-order shit months before its available so that I can lock stuff in. One of these items was the FF XV Ultimate edition. I paid for it about 6 months ago and am awaiting it. I get a shipping notice 5-6 days ago and I get happy. Well, turns out Square enix has once again screwed me over on their shipping options. They decide to ship everything I buy via UPS using something called SurePost. It SureSucks. Its set up to hold an item til the end of its release day and then transfer it over to USPS so that it can take an additional 1-3 days to arrive at my house. They have done this with literally every single item I have bought from them. What the fuck is the purpose of it? I have been anticipating this game for months and now I have to wait longer than the average dillhole who just walks into Gamestop/Bestbuy/Walmart/Target/Goodwill whatever and picks up the copy right off the shelf. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
My condolences.  Beats back when SE's store was run by Digital River and they would take your money and make your preorder disappear.

desocietas

« Reply #12362 on: November 28, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »
A rant. I am a pre-order kind of guy. I pre-order shit months before its available so that I can lock stuff in. One of these items was the FF XV Ultimate edition. I paid for it about 6 months ago and am awaiting it. I get a shipping notice 5-6 days ago and I get happy. Well, turns out Square enix has once again screwed me over on their shipping options. They decide to ship everything I buy via UPS using something called SurePost. It SureSucks. Its set up to hold an item til the end of its release day and then transfer it over to USPS so that it can take an additional 1-3 days to arrive at my house. They have done this with literally every single item I have bought from them. What the fuck is the purpose of it? I have been anticipating this game for months and now I have to wait longer than the average dillhole who just walks into Gamestop/Bestbuy/Walmart/Target/Goodwill whatever and picks up the copy right off the shelf. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

If it makes you feel any better, my order was SurePosted as well and was scheduled for delivery by the end of the day Wednesday. Got updated this morning to say it'd arrive today. Sure enough, it got here around 2:30p. Thankfully the bf left work early and was there to receive it.

Hopefully something like that happens to you! Did you order it in the first wave or the second wave? I read that they said the second wave might arrive late because they had to produce more units for the second wave.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #12363 on: November 28, 2016, 08:03:57 pm »
I ordered in the first few minutes of first wave. It didnt arrive yet. Im going to pick up my deluxe edition tonight anyhow. Just more irritated at the whole SurePost thing than anything else.

azure

« Reply #12364 on: November 28, 2016, 08:36:29 pm »
My condolences.  Beats back when SE's store was run by Digital River and they would take your money and make your preorder disappear.

Oh those were the days

soera

« Reply #12365 on: November 28, 2016, 09:01:53 pm »
The thought of digital river reminds me of the mess from the Wizards edition of ni no kuni.

« Reply #12366 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:35 am »
The thought of digital river reminds me of the mess from the Wizards edition of ni no kuni.
Word.

kashell

« Reply #12367 on: November 29, 2016, 08:36:25 am »
What happened with Digital River? That's the first time I've heard of this company.

I'm making another top ten list. It's far from finished, but if anyone wants to be super helpful and give it an editorial glance when it's finished that would be swell!

« Reply #12368 on: November 29, 2016, 08:38:20 am »
What happened with Digital River? That's the first time I've heard of this company.

I'm making another top ten list. It's far from finished, but if anyone wants to be super helpful and give it an editorial glance when it's finished that would be swell!
A generally horrible distribution company that ran the stores for Squeenix, Bandai Namco, Capcom, and a few other places.

azure

« Reply #12369 on: November 29, 2016, 11:01:56 am »

PM when the time comes, I can give it a look.

kashell

« Reply #12370 on: November 29, 2016, 11:15:56 am »

PM when the time comes, I can give it a look.

Thanks! It'll be a while. I barely scratched the introduction.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12371 on: November 29, 2016, 12:39:31 pm »
Is a potsticker considered pasta?

desocietas

« Reply #12372 on: November 29, 2016, 12:59:29 pm »
Is a potsticker considered pasta?

A dumpling, rather.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12373 on: November 29, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »
I go and fire-up Duke Nukem 3D on my XBox, and it tells me, "You need to purchase the full version to continue..."

I DID! Nearly 10 years ago!

Fuck digital.

« Reply #12374 on: November 29, 2016, 04:37:04 pm »
I go and fire-up Duke Nukem 3D on my XBox, and it tells me, "You need to purchase the full version to continue..."

I DID! Nearly 10 years ago!

Fuck digital.

Luckily they did recently, but that still blows.