Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595039 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1500 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:51 am »
...like ("1st forum user to get thread stickied", "1st forum user to have a stickied-thread w/ 100+ pages", "coolest & most awesome-est forum member to ever grace the pages of VGCollect with his presence", and "Humblest & most modest forum member"...

Good idea, I could use some new badges. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1501 on: February 07, 2014, 09:26:42 am »
...like ("1st forum user to get thread stickied", "1st forum user to have a stickied-thread w/ 100+ pages", "coolest & most awesome-est forum member to ever grace the pages of VGCollect with his presence", and "Humblest & most modest forum member"...

;D

You just nailed the badge for "Member to get the 1,500th post in one of Disgaeniac's threads"   8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #1502 on: February 07, 2014, 09:37:43 am »
Im not sure how many people are interested in SMS but I am in the process of actually proving the release of a game in the US that has been otherwise marked as EU only. I have been trying to prove the US existence of this game for months and I recently found something to back up my story. Its actually 2 games but so far, the second one is being difficult.

I would like to know your findings, Soera.   That would be very interesting.  Didn't Sega release an official US release list tho'?  May I ask how are you doing all this or you going to tell us about the investigation after you get both findings?

Im not trying to keep everything quiet. Here is the story. When I was a teen, I bought two games at Toys R Us brand new. Ultima IV and Basketball nightmare. These games had Vidpro cards on the shelf just like all the other games. Ive been trying to prove that these games were released here to get them on the Sega Age US release list. Well, one of the guys on Sega8bit.com found an article doing a review of Ultima and a release date of 3/1/90. Also found another magazine that did a review of Ultima too. Basketball nightmare I havent found much on other than the game was supposed to be released as Nightmare basketball.

Found the post.  That's pretty cool man.  Do you think these were kind of like Sonic US release where they simply just added a separate barcode for States release?  If so, the original is probably worth a good chunk of money.  Does the company Sega actually have an official list by countries anywhere?

Everything on ebay for sale is from another country too.  I wonder what happened and why no one knows about their U.S. release.  Is it possible that ToysRUs got a shipment in of those games that may have been shipped in error from the warehouse or something?

Not every copy is from another country http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultima-IV-Master-System-IN-BOX-Rare-/151170355287 right now is in Missouri. There is always a copy available from someone in the states. I dont think it was accidental either. I have at least 2 different US magazines that did reviews of the game during its time. One lists the release date of 3/1/90 and the other mentions Ultima IV by Sega of America. ***Im focusing on Ultima atm cause Basketball nightmare seems to be much harder to prove. I am still working on it and trying to secure the one item I think may prove it***

soera

« Reply #1503 on: February 07, 2014, 09:38:35 am »

;D

You just nailed the badge for "Member to get the 1,500th post in one of Disgaeniac's threads"   8)

You just qualified for a badge too. Member to have Soera quote you

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1504 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:35 am »

;D

You just qualified for a badge too. Member to have Soera quote you

Wh....wh...wha...wh..wha...what?!

Not the rare & highly sought-after, famous and always talked about (in rumours:) and never seen:

"S.O.E.R.A." Badge  :o

Too much honor & prestige being bestowed on an unworthy one; such as I  :-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #1505 on: February 07, 2014, 01:21:37 pm »

[/quote]

Not every copy is from another country http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultima-IV-Master-System-IN-BOX-Rare-/151170355287 right now is in Missouri. There is always a copy available from someone in the states. I dont think it was accidental either. I have at least 2 different US magazines that did reviews of the game during its time. One lists the release date of 3/1/90 and the other mentions Ultima IV by Sega of America. ***Im focusing on Ultima atm cause Basketball nightmare seems to be much harder to prove. I am still working on it and trying to secure the one item I think may prove it***
[/quote]

Excellent investigation Soera  :)  Sounds like you will achieve the mission for both games.  Keep us up to date  ;)

soera

« Reply #1506 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »
I hope so. Ive been pushing for these on Sega Age for months now and its getting closer (at least on the Ultima aspect).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1507 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:49 pm »
It's been pretty quiet around here today.  I guess everyone is caught up playing Bravely Default?

scott

« Reply #1508 on: February 07, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »
Work was actually kinda busy. Plus I was geeking out over Relic Knights hotness over on their Kickstarter page. Plus the next wave of Star Wars: X-Wing ships was announced! omgomgomg

scott

« Reply #1509 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:35 pm »
Cleared out all my digital games. Including PC stuff, EXCEPT for Tale of Alltynex - Deluxe Edition. I figure I should leave that one in my collection, since my name is in the credits. :)

It knocked me down to 1004 items total. And not including demos, I'm sitting at 756 games.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:13:46 pm by scott »

90snostalga

« Reply #1510 on: February 07, 2014, 05:55:35 pm »
Cleared out all my digital games. Including PC stuff, EXCEPT for Tale of Alltynex - Deluxe Edition. I figure I should leave that one in my collection, since my name is in the credits. :)

It knocked me down to 1004 items total. And not including demos, I'm sitting at 756 games.

Wait how much was your total before knocking down the digital games?

soera

« Reply #1511 on: February 07, 2014, 08:01:34 pm »
I go through and purge my stuff every so often. :) But then I also go through and purge my posts too. My on forum post count and my actual post count is a few hundred different.

scott

« Reply #1512 on: February 07, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »

Wait how much was your total before knocking down the digital games?

I think it was like 1,160 something.

scott

« Reply #1513 on: February 07, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »
Ugh.

Stupid propane. Got my bill today and its like $400. Coupled with my Elec bill and house payment, its gonna be a lean month for me.

soera

« Reply #1514 on: February 07, 2014, 08:11:24 pm »
Wow thats a horribly high bill. I feel for ya brother. At least you can get a blanket, your 3DS and Bravely default and curl up and save some heat tonight!