Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602662 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1800 on: March 10, 2014, 03:55:25 pm »
Nice work on all the crafts guys - the painting and the plushies.  All look fantastic.  :) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #1801 on: March 11, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »
So eBay's got a coupon good on video games right now, and I started looking for stuff... and somehow ended up with 25 bucks worth of bad PC games.

Halp. I haven't bought them yet, but... D:

This is why I don't buy stuff online!

anruiukimi

« Reply #1802 on: March 11, 2014, 05:40:28 pm »
So eBay's got a coupon good on video games right now, and I started looking for stuff... and somehow ended up with 25 bucks worth of bad PC games.

Halp. I haven't bought them yet, but... D:

This is why I don't buy stuff online!

HA. I allllmost bought the 3DS Zelda game, but I ended up pre-ordering Hakuoki on Amazon instead. I need to slow down with the shopping, I've got some $200+ in item preorders all coming out next week (9 Dragon Quest rugs and the DQVII 3DS 1st Press OST)

So poooor~~~

argyle

« Reply #1803 on: March 11, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »
That coupon got to me in the middle of the night last night while I was suffering from a bout of insomnia.  Had been eyeing a used copy of Persona 1 for the psp at Gamestop for $20, but instead used that coupon and picked up a new one for $21.  Guess there's worse things I could have bought at 3:00 am.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #1804 on: March 11, 2014, 07:05:20 pm »
How/where do you get ebay coupons? I've never heard of this before.

soera

« Reply #1805 on: March 11, 2014, 07:14:27 pm »
Im going to echo what Karyann just said. Where the hell do you find Ebay coupons?

foxhack

« Reply #1806 on: March 11, 2014, 09:22:55 pm »
They send them via email sometimes, but I heard about this one through some game forums. They announced this coupon through twitch.tv.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/204u26/ebay_save_5_off_ebay_checkout_when_buying_20_or/

Buy $20 worth of games, use the coupon "CPNGAMES" at checkout, save 5 bucks. This can be used once, but you can add multiple games to the cart before buying stuff and use the coupon there.

I already picked out my games, but the shipping's a killer. I'm contacting the seller to see if he can lower the price, I don't want to pay $12 for media mail shipping.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1807 on: March 11, 2014, 11:27:44 pm »
Sweet! Just picked up a sealed copy of Corpse Killer for the 32X for $15 after the coupon.

« Reply #1808 on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:24 am »
Really need to start focusing on my PS1 collecting again. It has the most games I am after for a given system (about 40 games left that I want) and most of them aren't cheap, and it is getting worse. I just looked up what Castlevania Chronicles is going for now and it has nearly doubled in value over the past year. . . bummer :(

anruiukimi

« Reply #1809 on: March 12, 2014, 01:00:08 am »
Sweet! Just picked up a sealed copy of Corpse Killer for the 32X for $15 after the coupon.

I just bought DWIII today, and totally brainfarted on the coupon because the stupid website I first heard about it at said it had to be on an approved list of games for it to work. Le sigh~

Oh well, still got a good deal comparing with the going rate.

scott

« Reply #1810 on: March 12, 2014, 09:10:59 am »
Really need to start focusing on my PS1 collecting again. It has the most games I am after for a given system (about 40 games left that I want) and most of them aren't cheap, and it is getting worse. I just looked up what Castlevania Chronicles is going for now and it has nearly doubled in value over the past year. . . bummer :(

Ya Castlevania Chronicles has gotten spendy. I happened to pick mine up years ago, before it started climbing. Lol, one of the few times that's happened for me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #1811 on: March 12, 2014, 09:36:34 am »
I picked back up the original Drakengard off of ebay complete & in perfect condition for $14 last Oct.  That price has more than doubled now it seems, most likely due to the hype for the upcoming sequel.  Unfortunately, I snoozed on Drakengard 2 and it's jumped up even higher - cheapest complete copy listed right now is going for $61, and the description says it's scratched up.   :-\

karyann

« Reply #1812 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:04 pm »
I picked back up the original Drakengard off of ebay complete & in perfect condition for $14 last Oct.  That price has more than doubled now it seems, most likely due to the hype for the upcoming sequel.  Unfortunately, I snoozed on Drakengard 2 and it's jumped up even higher - cheapest complete copy listed right now is going for $61, and the description says it's scratched up.   :-\

Dammit, I knew I should have taken that copy of the first Drakengard when I saw it for $20 a while ago... :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1813 on: March 12, 2014, 07:49:31 pm »
I wish I had never gotten rid of my copy, now. I bought Drakengard when it was dirt-cheap at GameStop, and traded it away for something else (I don't even remember what it was, now) thinking I could get it back for cheap again. :(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:46:14 am by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #1814 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:58 pm »
Hey if you guys missed out on the first set of Link between worlds posters from Club Nintendo, they are back. I ordered me a set this time. :)