Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599443 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2415 on: May 30, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »
So I caught Soera delivering a pizza this afternoon down the street and I snapped a pic.  It's no wonder he does not get a tip

I've got a "tip" for him  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2416 on: May 30, 2014, 07:24:55 pm »
Kenny, I've been away from my pc for most of the day so I just got caught up.  I'm really sorry to hear that, and I'll definitely send some prayers out to both you & your friend.  :) 

I had to take my dog to the vet earlier this week because she was having problems with her eye - I thought it was allergies at first, but when it didn't get better I decided to take her in.  Turn out she scratched it on something, so I've been giving her medicine and generally babying her even MORE than usual (which is quite a bit ;) ).  She's getting up in age too - she's about 12 now, I believe, but everyone that sees her swears she's still a puppy.  She and I have been throught a LOT together.  I went through a divorce almost 7 years ago now, and she really helped me through that.  Oh, in keeping with the Japanese names her name is Yuna - named her just shortly after FFX came out both because I liked the character AND because I read that the name means "night" in Japanese and since she's a black dog it just seemed fitting.

I'm going to be an absolute disaster when she passes away.   :'(

EDIT:  In lighter but still sucky news, it seems my MK8 disk is defective.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2417 on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:08 pm »
I really wish Nintendo would let you customize which powerups you can have in mario kart games... If only to allow you to turn the damn blue shells off if you want.

tpugmire

« Reply #2418 on: May 30, 2014, 09:38:06 pm »
So I caught Soera delivering a pizza this afternoon down the street and I snapped a pic.  It's no wonder he does not get a tip

I've got a "tip" for him  :o

/hi five
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #2419 on: May 30, 2014, 10:47:47 pm »
Just caught up on the entire convo as well. Hoping for the best Kenny, I don't know how I'll handle it when either oh my two end up leaving me. They are both around 5 now, but from experience most of the Chihuahuas we've had have lived well over 10 years.

Also those are some pretty dogs. I don't think I've ever looked close at that breed before.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #2420 on: May 31, 2014, 02:26:08 am »
I played Mario Kart 8 with my little brother tonight for a couple of hours.  I will say Outstanding game.  Not perfect but outstanding. I rate it a 9.3/10.  Its very hard for me to give a game a 9 or above.  Highly recommended.  He now wants a Mario Kart Wii U bundle package for his bday or Christmas.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2421 on: May 31, 2014, 08:51:17 pm »
Just picked it up as well. Gonna play it after this OKC Thunder game. No work tomorrow so I get to stay up as late as I want. I feel like a kid again!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2422 on: May 31, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »
No matter what you're doing, your Saturday night isn't as awesome as mine.  I'm watching UFC on the big tv and playing video games on a little tv at the same time. 

A couple of beers and maybe a Doors record may just top this off.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2423 on: May 31, 2014, 09:46:29 pm »
I hate UFC and don't drink (I do like the Doors though) so I'm happy with my Saturday night choice of watching Thunder/Spurs game while playing Pokemon Diamond.

pacpix

« Reply #2424 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:41 pm »
My Saturday night is playing Wizardry and watching crappy baseball on TV while drinking water ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2425 on: June 01, 2014, 12:19:40 am »
My Saturday night is playing Wizardry and watching crappy baseball on TV while drinking water ha.

If you'd be a fair weather fan, you could pick a better team.  ;)

It's the price of being a fan. You have to take the knocks

90snostalga

« Reply #2426 on: June 01, 2014, 12:48:05 am »

I got to finish "New Girl" season 1 DVD box set with my wife  :)  Nothing beats that!   ;)

argyle

« Reply #2427 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:09 am »

I got to finish "New Girl" season 1 DVD box set with my wife  :)  Nothing beats that!   ;)

My wife and I watched what I think was the last episode of the current season the other night, and we both agreed that we may be about done with that show.  No spoilers, but they take it in some...weird directions.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #2428 on: June 01, 2014, 01:33:24 am »

I would never cheat on my Mariners with a better team, but damn can they be frustrating to watch sometimes ha.  They did win tonight though which was surprising considering the lineup was the weirdest/worst of the year.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2429 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:51 am »

I would never cheat on my Mariners with a better team, but damn can they be frustrating to watch sometimes ha.  They did win tonight though which was surprising considering the lineup was the weirdest/worst of the year.

I think you just need to give up on baseball. The Mariners have.

Is there a sport to follow that doesn't have a team up there?  Rugby's fun to watch.