Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651676 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3165 on: August 15, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
800 items! thanks to steam, today.

foxhack

« Reply #3166 on: August 16, 2014, 02:31:12 pm »
800 items! thanks to steam, today.

Funny how this works, they removed a few games from my profile this past week. :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3167 on: August 17, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »
Don't you hate it when things annoy you, and you know they shouldn't. You know your being a big baby, and it makes you even more annoyed that you sunk to that level.

My wife swore she'd do laundry last night. I woke up with a note and some change. I'm annoyed I have to do it. But in the back of my mind, I know it's not her job, it's my laundry too.

I'm just being a lazy bastard.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3168 on: August 17, 2014, 02:16:34 pm »
Don't you hate it when things annoy you, and you know they shouldn't. You know your being a big baby, and it makes you even more annoyed that you sunk to that level.

My wife swore she'd do laundry last night. I woke up with a note and some change. I'm annoyed I have to do it. But in the back of my mind, I know it's not her job, it's my laundry too.

Heh, welcome to mortality & humanity   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #3169 on: August 17, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »

Dude, she's paying you to do it, stop whining. ;D

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3170 on: August 18, 2014, 02:59:26 am »
The change money could be for the laundromat or any kind of shared washer/dryer, not incentive itself.

Still, I do envy the fact that someone else is doing your laundry, burningdoom.  Coincidentally, I'm waiting for the dryer to finish but I'm debating whether I should go downstairs to finish up or do it some other time.  I'm tired.  ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3171 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:45 am »
I don't usually notice how many times a topic has been read at the top of the page but, I unintentionally saw it at the top of this thread...

...almost 50,000 times   :o

GtFOoH!    :-\

PS:

Where ya' been Bradly B.?!

Been missing ya'    :'(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:19:50 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #3172 on: August 18, 2014, 10:10:56 am »

Haha, that stuff happens. You had an expectation that wasn't met, and it's something annoying even when we don't want it to!

kashell

« Reply #3173 on: August 18, 2014, 04:43:21 pm »
dark,

Escha was the easiest to platinum? I have read that the last boss at level 99 can be really, REALLY hard. That kind of worries me because Atelier games usually don't have challenging bosses unless they're optional.

EDIT: Aside: I had no idea Suikoden V was so rare. I'm having trouble finding a good price for it. @_@
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:48:42 pm by kashell »

soera

« Reply #3174 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:32 pm »
I don't usually notice how many times a topic has been read at the top of the page but, I unintentionally saw it at the top of this thread...

...almost 50,000 times   :o

GtFOoH!    :-\

PS:

Where ya' been Bradley B.?!

Been missing ya'    :'(

Between my recent step up to management at my job (meaning a lot more closing shifts including a persistent 15 hour shift both Saturday and Sundy) and the situation I mentioned to you in my PM, Ive been pretty occupied. Im still here just havent been able to do much else. Looking forward to picking up Reaper of Souls tomorrow though. :D

argyle

« Reply #3175 on: August 18, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »
dark,

Escha was the easiest to platinum? I have read that the last boss at level 99 can be really, REALLY hard. That kind of worries me because Atelier games usually don't have challenging bosses unless they're optional.

EDIT: Aside: I had no idea Suikoden V was so rare. I'm having trouble finding a good price for it. @_@

I'm usually clueless on rarity for stuff I own (and especially stuff I have owned since release, like Suikoden V).  I did find out recently that the PS2 Wild Arms games, especially Alter Code F, are rare tho - since for some stupid reason I got rid of all of mine except for WA3.  :(

I will say this tho - Suikoden V is the second-best game in the series right behind S2 and is WELL worth owning & playing through. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3176 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:55 pm »
How many versions of House of the Dead II are there out there?

And yet we STILL only have the original Arcade and rare and expensive Saturn versions of the original game.

..what's up with that?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3177 on: August 18, 2014, 07:51:42 pm »
Speaking of what's up with that:

Why in the hell have we gotten remakes, 3D versions, or HD versions of like every Zelda game ever, but not the original Zelda? The one Zelda game that could use a graphical rehaul, the most. It looks primitive even by NES standards (still a great game, nonetheless. Proof that graphics don't equal everything in a game).

maximo310

« Reply #3178 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:00 pm »
How many versions of House of the Dead II are there out there?

And yet we STILL only have the original Arcade and rare and expensive Saturn versions of the original game.

..what's up with that?
There is a pc version of the original house of the dead for Windows 95/98 that looks pretty close to the original arcade version. I think the only problem with that one is you have to use a mouse for light gun functionality. I wish they would release a complication of House of the Dead 1-4 on one disc and make it available on all platforms, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

pacpix

« Reply #3179 on: August 18, 2014, 08:23:55 pm »
Speaking of what's up with that:

Why in the hell have we gotten remakes, 3D versions, or HD versions of like every Zelda game ever, but not the original Zelda? The one Zelda game that could use a graphical rehaul, the most. It looks primitive even by NES standards (still a great game, nonetheless. Proof that graphics don't equal everything in a game).
If you have an emulator you can try out the 16 bit BS remake
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)