Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651637 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3180 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:11 am »
KASH -

That's a mis-listing on the trophy list, you don't *really* need to beat that boss at Lv. 99...

...you can pop that trophy by beating it @ Lv. 60 which, if you coordinate that with the same playthrough you get your Lv. 99 trophy, is simple   ;D

SOERA -

Congrats on the promotion!

Let me know how that other thing works out for you...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3181 on: August 19, 2014, 12:56:23 pm »
I just hear she's very, very difficult. It has me a bit worried.

Tales of Xillia 2's CE is absolutely gorgeous. The only thing better is the game itself. I am so excited to get into another entry in my favorite series.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3182 on: August 19, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »
Speaking of what's up with that:

Why in the hell have we gotten remakes, 3D versions, or HD versions of like every Zelda game ever, but not the original Zelda? The one Zelda game that could use a graphical rehaul, the most. It looks primitive even by NES standards (still a great game, nonetheless. Proof that graphics don't equal everything in a game).
If you have an emulator you can try out the 16 bit BS remake

I have that, it is pretty cool. But it would be nice to get something official.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3183 on: August 19, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

Tales of Xillia 2's CE is absolutely gorgeous. The only thing better is the game itself. I am so excited to get into another entry in my favorite series.

She might be really tough to beat at Lv. 99 but, like I said, beating her at Lv.60 is good enough to pop the plat - the only reason that I can think of to beat her at Lv. 99 would be if you *had* to get/see every bestiary entry (which isn't necessary for the plat. either).

Enjoy Xillia 2!

I'll be looking forward to reading your review of it   8)

Did the strategy guide come w/ the CE?

I got an e-mail from GS that was advertising the guide for $39.99   :o

WtF's up with that?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #3184 on: August 19, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »
My wife and I both have the week off, so we decided to make a spur of the moment vacation out of it. After a roughly 12 hour drive, we are in San Francisco for a few days.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3185 on: August 19, 2014, 10:14:42 pm »
My wife and I both have the week off, so we decided to make a spur of the moment vacation out of it. After a roughly 12 hour drive, we are in San Francisco for a few days.

My wife and I did that a few weeks ago. We decided on Thursday night that we were going to a concert on Saturday. We hit the road Friday and spent the weekend in Dallas. It was a real good time.

argyle

« Reply #3186 on: August 19, 2014, 11:21:52 pm »

She might be really tough to beat at Lv. 99 but, like I said, beating her at Lv.60 is good enough to pop the plat - the only reason that I can think of to beat her at Lv. 99 would be if you *had* to get/see every bestiary entry (which isn't necessary for the plat. either).

Enjoy Xillia 2!

I'll be looking forward to reading your review of it   8)

Did the strategy guide come w/ the CE?

I got an e-mail from GS that was advertising the guide for $39.99   :o

WtF's up with that?

Strat guide did not come w/ CE - and the $39.99 is the cover price.  You can typically find guides for less than the cover price, but I'm hearing this one might be more difficult (Amazon is supposedly canceling preorders saying they don't have enough  :o).  Making me worried because I want the guide but can't squeeze $40 into my gaming budget right now.  :-\

Kashell, was just checking out the trophy guide at playstationtrophies.org and saw you posted over there. ;) I'm considering going for the plat too - gonna really dig into the game this weekend.  I'm with you, very excited about this game! ;D

EDIT:  I just posted some pics of the CE contents in the pickups thread, if anyone is interested in seeing exactly what's in there. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:38:01 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #3187 on: August 20, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »
An email from Sony says my PS3 system is on its way back from their repair service. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have any more issues with the unit  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3188 on: August 20, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »
I hit 3,000 posts and didn't even realize it! ;D

kashell

« Reply #3189 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:44 pm »
I'm about to get to Chapter 6 in Xillia 2. So far, I'm having a great time but I don't like the kitty quest system. I swear, Tales always throws something annoying in their games in an attempt to be original.

jcalder8

« Reply #3190 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:38 pm »
I finally got a 3DO. I have been wanting one since I got into collecting. The first time I played one was when I rented one for a local game rental store. My parents rented it for the weekend and I got two games with it, Super Street Fighter II Turbo and I think it was Fifa or Road Rash. I loved playing it for the short time that I had it and I am very happy to have one in my collection!

tpugmire

« Reply #3191 on: August 20, 2014, 10:30:55 pm »
Just a little update from my trip to San Francisco. We went down to Fisherman's Wharf earlier. They have a pretty cool museum of old arcade games dating from the early 1900's to now. Pretty interesting stuff. We spent the afternoon in Sonoma, we've been to four wineries, and now I'm wandering around town like a drunk.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3192 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »
It seems like twitter has just become one giant shitstorm recently...

foxhack

« Reply #3193 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:21 pm »
It seems like twitter has just become one giant shitstorm recently...

Not in my neck of the woods.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3194 on: August 20, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »
well you're lucky. All this Zoe Quinn shit is flooding my timeline since I follow so many gaming industry people.