Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651096 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3300 on: August 29, 2014, 07:33:49 pm »
Soera, I don't know if you already have this, but I thought of you when I saw this: a motion-sensor Slime night light  :)

http://www.shopncsx.com/dragonquestslimenightlight.aspx

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3301 on: August 29, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »
Is it wrong that I just spent 30 min playing Jaws on the NES?

pacpix

« Reply #3302 on: August 29, 2014, 11:27:45 pm »
I actually have put a few hours in the game!  It was dissapointing to see how small the world was, but it actually is not too bad.  Except for the boss fight...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3303 on: August 30, 2014, 11:14:18 am »

If you have to ask...

:o

Speaking of 3DS', Vita's/handhelds...anyone heard anything about the VitaPSTV and/or is anyone else looking forward to getting one as much as I am?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #3304 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:29 am »

If you have to ask...

:o

Speaking of 3DS', Vita's/handhelds...anyone heard anything about the VitaPSTV and/or is anyone else looking forward to getting one as much as I am?

Yeah, I want one but it's not in top priority of purchases atm.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

90snostalga

« Reply #3305 on: August 30, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »
I'm not a very smart person... not at all. 

I'm trying to buy yet another arcade cabinet.  It's PacMan this time.  Dude wants $400 right now, but I'm going to shoot him $300 and hope to land at $350.  It's a couple hours away from here, so I haven't seen it in person.  Damn this arcade habit.  I don't have room for it, but I want every reasonably priced cabinet I can find.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself.  What of it??

I really need to stay off of craigslist.  I've sent emails for 4 arcade cabinets since lunch.  Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Double Dragon, and Marvel vs. Capcom.  This could get expensive real fast.

Dont feel bad Turf. You can donate the arcade. How about this? I'll give you 100 to cover the delivery fee and you bring it to my home? Problem solved. You will no longer be creating chaos in your game room but still feeding your arcade habit. What you say? 8)

How about I give you $100 and you come clean out my garage and transform it into the arcade / work space that I want.

I do think it would be cool to see your garage into an arcade room so if it ever happens, please do a video for me  :o

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3306 on: August 31, 2014, 12:13:00 am »
I want a Ninja Turtles arcade cabinet sooooooooooo bad. once I get a house of my own (hopefully soon) I plan on getting myself a cabinet for my game room.

jcalder8

« Reply #3307 on: August 31, 2014, 12:22:32 am »
I want a Ninja Turtles arcade cabinet sooooooooooo bad. once I get a house of my own (hopefully soon) I plan on getting myself a cabinet for my game room.
That will be pretty sweet! I went the Mame route after picking up a cheap Street Fighter 2 conversion with a dying monitor.

davifus

« Reply #3308 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:17 am »

How about this? This can be a temporary solution? It's pretty cool. The Porta Pi Desktop Arcade cabinet. The person who makes these also sells them in kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeFmJX0WWM
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:31:49 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #3309 on: August 31, 2014, 11:28:37 am »
Decided to cut some games from my want list this morning. Most of the titles cut were Genesis, SNES, and NES games that I can't see myself actively pursing or paying full market value for some day. If I ever come across them for super cheap, sure I'll buy them, but otherwise I am content not having them in the collection.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3310 on: August 31, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »
You know an underrated feeling?  Putting a "new to you" NES game in and it comes on the first time with no cleaning.

Another underrated feeling: 4 vodka and cranberries.

soera

« Reply #3311 on: September 01, 2014, 12:47:01 am »
Soera, I don't know if you already have this, but I thought of you when I saw this: a motion-sensor Slime night light  :)

http://www.shopncsx.com/dragonquestslimenightlight.aspx

I dont have that but I will soon now. Thanks!! :D

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3312 on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:05 am »
Dragon Quest Slimes are so adorable to look at...   ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #3313 on: September 01, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »
In celebration of Halloween I have been debating on starting a Resident Evil marathon, playing all the main games from 0 to 6 (also included are Code Veronica and Revelations). I normally would be diving right into this, but I have been studying for about a month and half for the CompTIA A+ certification and want to make sure I keep the momentum going with them. Given I'd have 9 games to get through in 2-months, I will have to decide really soon. Thought I'd ask the room and see what everyone else thinks?

If I do not go this route, I will probably be picking some other horror themed game to play this October. In past years I've played various Castlevania games and Fatal Frame, and some potential candidates this year are Disgaea (not really horror-themed, but always gave somewhat of a Halloween-ish vibe), Clock Tower 2, Dead Space, or Dark Souls.

90snostalga

« Reply #3314 on: September 02, 2014, 12:10:53 am »
Been playing Infamous for literally 7 staight hours and man am I loving this game so far!!! :D  Very awesome. I got to take a break from it from for a minute.