Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650888 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3390 on: September 05, 2014, 01:00:03 pm »
I am slowly getting to the 60 hour mark in Xillia 2 because I just find myself entering battle after battle, using various characters and grinding my little heart out. Such a fun game.

Liking it better than the 1st one there, Kashish?  :P

Goes w/o saying that I'll be looking forward to your inevitable review of it; does it not   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #3391 on: September 05, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »
So I am getting very close to a huge milestone in my collection, game #1500. I'm contemplating going big and buying something really awesome/rare so I remember it forever. Sadly game #1000 escapes me, but my 500th game was MUSHA on the Genesis; found it at a now defunct game store for $40 and nearly died of happiness. I can only hope that I get lucky like that again, but I might have to use the Ebay if I'm going to ensure that title 1500 is memorable. My shortlist is:

- Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition
- Mega Man Legends 2
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Shenmue II (PAL version)
- Gitaroo Man
That is a great milestone! I use the note section to track what game hits certain numbers. Metroid Prime Trilogy would be a great choice.

kashell

« Reply #3392 on: September 05, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »
I am slowly getting to the 60 hour mark in Xillia 2 because I just find myself entering battle after battle, using various characters and grinding my little heart out. Such a fun game.

Liking it better than the 1st one there, Kashish?  :P

Goes w/o saying that I'll be looking forward to your inevitable review of it; does it not   ;D

Much better. The review is up. ^^ Proof read away. ^_~

90snostalga

« Reply #3393 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:12 pm »
@Bikingjaughty, how are you liking san Andreas for the Xbox?

I love GTA, and San Andreas is awesome! I especially like how it perfectly captures the feel of the early 90s even though it was made 13-years after it was supposed to take place. Although I've never technically beat San Andreas, I played through roughly 75% of it on the PS2 many years ago. I honestly don't see an enormous difference in graphics between version, but still it is coll to try it out on another system. I'm pretty sure I'm almost done, and thus far I can say it is my third favorite behind 3 and 4 (I haven't played 5, but it look very promising).

I've only played the GTA games that came out on ps2. I haven't gotten to the newer ones yet but compared to 3 and Vice City, San Andreas was so long lol. Over 100 missions but it really showed the power of what they could do. It was everything 3 and Vice City had along with so much more. On the Xbox version, can you use the music stored on your Xbox hard drive and listen to it while driving in a car in san a dress?

argyle

« Reply #3394 on: September 05, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
Random question, anyone know of a good place to get replacement Wii game cases?  Basically, white dvd cases of a decent quality that aren't overly expensive.  And I'd rather not have to buy 100 of them.   :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #3395 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:26 pm »
Random question, anyone know of a good place to get replacement Wii game cases?  Basically, white dvd cases of a decent quality that aren't overly expensive.  And I'd rather not have to buy 100 of them.   :o

1- Get Cheap Black DVD cases
2-Spray paint it white...
3-insert Wii game
4-Repeat & Rinse

uhhh I tried  8) Maybe... with a grain of salt... a lot of salt

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #3396 on: September 05, 2014, 09:31:12 pm »

I suppose you could try asking around at GameStop locations. They might be throwing some out/have unused cases they're willing to part with. Other than that I'm not too sure.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #3397 on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

I suppose you could try asking around at GameStop locations. They might be throwing some out/have unused cases they're willing to part with. Other than that I'm not too sure.

Unless you are good friends or acquaintances with GS employees it really hard to acquire free things (I tried), but not all employees are the same so it doesn't hurt to try first I guess. The next best solution is dumpster diving for them.

abe

« Reply #3398 on: September 05, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »

Unless you are good friends or acquaintances with GS employees it really hard to acquire free things (I tried), but not all employees are the same so it doesn't hurt to try first I guess. The next best solution is dumpster diving for them.

It can't be that difficult to get free stuff they were going to throw away anyways... maybe? ??? Dunno, I haven't tried so I guess I can't really say for sure.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3399 on: September 05, 2014, 09:50:27 pm »

It can't be that difficult to get free stuff they were going to throw away anyways... maybe? ??? Dunno, I haven't tried so I guess I can't really say for sure.

Big corporations don't like giving ANYTHING away for free.

davifus

« Reply #3400 on: September 05, 2014, 09:51:54 pm »
This is Gamestop we are talking about. They dont even like people going through their dumpster for their waste. There is probably a corporate policy about giving free case and etc unless its under the table...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3401 on: September 05, 2014, 09:52:46 pm »
They're just DVD cases, man. It's not worth dumpster diving for.

davifus

« Reply #3402 on: September 05, 2014, 09:53:19 pm »
They're just DVD cases, man. It's not worth dumpster diving for.

Dvd cases and many more

argyle

« Reply #3403 on: September 05, 2014, 10:44:31 pm »
I know many of the guys at my local Gamestops, the bigger issue would be that their crappy cases are the ones I'm wanting to replace in the first place.  Anything they'd be throwing away would most likely be even worse than what I'm replacing.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jcalder8

« Reply #3404 on: September 06, 2014, 02:46:46 am »
I would just go to a GS and buy a cheap wii game to get the case. I have found them for .50 to $1.