Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650183 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3480 on: September 12, 2014, 08:22:35 pm »
I just tried out that new demo for Super Smash Bros on the 3DS and I must say, I'm very underwhelmed. I'm actually considering cancelling my preorder now. It really doesn't feel like it was suited for the 3DS, the screen feels to small for Smash Bros, and the 3DS' circle pad is horrid to play it with. I can't believe that the WiiU version of the new Smash Bros will let you use the 3DS as a controller (if you own both versions of the game), why would you even want to do that?
I'm a collector. In the name of Ash Ketchump, I gotta collect them all. 3DS Smash can still serve a purpose of a mobile smash.

WiiU will let you use the 3DS but no is going to because the Gamecube controller is MASTERRACE.

Everyone go do yourself a favor and order a new & nice Gamecube Controller

Here: http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-White-Classic-Gamecube-Controller/dp/B0017KIBAI

I personally own one for melee tournaments.

Thank you Based God.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:25:43 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3481 on: September 12, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »
So that gamecube adapter they're releasing for Wii U is that gonna be compatible for more than just Smash?

karyann

« Reply #3482 on: September 12, 2014, 11:08:31 pm »
I just tried out that new demo for Super Smash Bros on the 3DS and I must say, I'm very underwhelmed. I'm actually considering cancelling my preorder now. It really doesn't feel like it was suited for the 3DS, the screen feels to small for Smash Bros, and the 3DS' circle pad is horrid to play it with. I can't believe that the WiiU version of the new Smash Bros will let you use the 3DS as a controller (if you own both versions of the game), why would you even want to do that?

I wouldn't want to use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version considering there are far better controller options (gamecube controller especially), but I wouldn't say that controls are horrible for the system. I actually enjoy them a lot more than I was afraid I would. And I'm playing on a regular/small 3DS, which is saying something comfort-wise  :P I really want to try it on an XL!

« Reply #3483 on: September 13, 2014, 12:09:20 am »
OMFG!!!! I am loving the Smash Bros 3DS demo!!!

I love, LOVE how Mega Man handles. Finally after 3 installments I have a character that might replace Pikachu as my default character. Freakin love it :D

argyle

« Reply #3484 on: September 13, 2014, 12:32:45 am »
So that gamecube adapter they're releasing for Wii U is that gonna be compatible for more than just Smash?

I would *assume* that it would at least be usable for some of the virtual console stuff.

Of course, we all know where that gets you... :P  But seriously, when is Nintendo gonna start releasing some Gamecube VC games? ??? Seems like with this move they have no excuse, and it would just be free money for them. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #3485 on: September 13, 2014, 02:58:23 am »
How do you guys feel about this? What if Nintendo somehow developed the technology to where you are able to play DS and 3DS physical games on your WiiU and the game pad screen can be used as the bottom screen? Kind of like the game cube gameboy adapter. I would love to play a lot of my physical DS games on tv. What you all think?

90snostalga

« Reply #3486 on: September 13, 2014, 03:00:06 am »

I love, LOVE how Mega Man handles. Finally after 3 installments I have a character that might replace Pikachu as my default character. Freakin love it :D

Jaighty, if you loved the 3DS version, just imagine how you will feel playing the WiiU version... :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3487 on: September 13, 2014, 11:05:44 am »
How do you guys feel about this? What if Nintendo somehow developed the technology to where you are able to play DS and 3DS physical games on your WiiU and the game pad screen can be used as the bottom screen? Kind of like the game cube gameboy adapter. I would love to play a lot of my physical DS games on tv. What you all think?
trust me I've been saying that from the moment I saw the gamepad.

tpugmire

« Reply #3488 on: September 13, 2014, 11:27:51 am »
trust me I've been saying that from the moment I saw the gamepad.
I could see that working on some games, but not all. Anything where both screens are used to display different parts of the same picture would be weird (certain boss battles in Zelda: Spirit Tracks come to mind), and anything that would require you to turn the DS on its end like a book obviously wouldn't work.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3489 on: September 13, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
If anyone could do it I figured you'd be the one. I remember you playing that non-stop back in the day.

yep, I played a lot of it when it 1st came out.

I'm sure that I *could* plat it -but- it would require too much time + repetition...*After* it stopped being fun.

'do you know what I am saying'?  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #3490 on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:35 am »

Jaighty, if you loved the 3DS version, just imagine how you will feel playing the WiiU version... :D

Lol I've already told myself that I am taking the day off from work the day that Smash on the WiiU comes out. I know a lot of people are criticizing the new Smash because it isn't like Melee, but for someone who isn't part of the competitive scene I am loving ever minute of it :)

kashell

« Reply #3491 on: September 13, 2014, 11:57:50 am »
If anyone could do it I figured you'd be the one. I remember you playing that non-stop back in the day.

yep, I played a lot of it when it 1st came out.

I'm sure that I *could* plat it -but- it would require too much time + repetition...*After* it stopped being fun.

'do you know what I am saying'?  8)

All too well. I almost snapped back when I was going for the Star Ocean 4 platinum.

...almost.

I didn't know that the Smash demo was out! I must try it out now!

90snostalga

« Reply #3492 on: September 13, 2014, 01:13:57 pm »
Anyone here ever did online dating?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3493 on: September 13, 2014, 03:15:02 pm »
While I was out today I came across a collector's edition version of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii... I almost got it, but it was like 40 bucks I think. Anyone know what the going price is for one of those?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:26:35 pm by Bwigdahl »

abe

« Reply #3494 on: September 13, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »
While I was out today I came across a collector's edition version of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii... I almost got it, but it was like 40 bucks I think. Anyone know what the going price is for one of those?

I can't give you an exact price, but I can tell you it's worth waaay more than $40.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)