Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650518 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3750 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:51 am »
I don't know that legalizing everything is a good idea, at all. There's some really nasty, really addictive shit out there.

Remember the drug that basically turned some people into flesh-eating zombies a couple years ago? Bath salts.

My point, in a nutshell was - It doesn't really matter if drugs are legal or not.

Prohibition made alcohol illegal...did it stop anyone from drinking and make it impossible to get a hold of?

Nope.  Now. if you want to drink...you've simply got to go to illegal places and deal w/ criminals / gangsters to get it...instead of safely walking into a store to buy it; taxed & legally.

Is it the same w/ drugs?

Are some drugs 'worse' than others?  It depends on who you ask & how much they know.

It *might* be different if keeping drugs illegal actually worked & stopped & prevented people from getting them...they don't.

So, if people are easily getting drugs (even when they're not legal); just like they always have & always will...

Well, we need to accept that, stop throwing good money after bad, and move onto the question of "Well, since we can't stop anyone from getting drugs or using them...what's the best, safest, and most productive way to sell, tax, monitor, & distribute them?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

maximo310

« Reply #3751 on: October 01, 2014, 11:32:41 am »
Happy October everyone!!

Is it October 3rd yet?
Only 2 more days man. Then we can enjoy the greatness of SSB 3DS.

kashell

« Reply #3752 on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:42 am »
I thought Smash was released later in October...

Shows what I know. I've been too wrapped up in Dangan Ronpa 2. XD

davifus

« Reply #3753 on: October 01, 2014, 11:55:32 am »
Happy October everyone!!

Is it October 3rd yet?

Too bad we dont get c-stick attachment until we get the New 3DS. My circle pad is already falling off. The circle pad pro apparently isn't compatible ether. 

GG Nintendo
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-characters-super-smash-bros-3ds/
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #3754 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
Happy October everyone!!

Is it October 3rd yet?

Too bad we dont get c-stick attachment until we get the New 3DS. My circle pad is already falling off. The circle pad pro apparently isn't compatible ether. 

GG Nintendo
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-characters-super-smash-bros-3ds/
Yep, that's why I'm trying to be a careful as possible not to loosen the circle pad off the 3ds, which makes me wish I could use my circle pad pro, but there are a lot of 3ds games that don't support it( that should support it) which just makes me a bit mad. So far the only other release date of the new 3ds was like late november for australia since no one else has announced its availablity yet.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3755 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:25 pm »
I thought Smash was released later in October...

Shows what I know. I've been too wrapped up in Dangan Ronpa 2. XD

Early thoughts on DanganRonpa 1 compared to/vs. DanganRonpa 2?

Me?!

*Grumbles crankily* Starting on 10/25, in addition to turning another year older, I'll also be receiving a B-Day gift of a PSTV -AND- I'm very happy now that I've held off on playing ALL ("all" only = 15, or so) of my Vita games in the hopes of playing them on a big, HD screen & with a PS3 and/or a PS4 controller because...almost each & every one of them as been confirmed as being compatible w/ the PSTV  ;D

btw - What's the consensus here on how important & necessary it is to play 999 before playing VLR: Zero Escape?

While I'm psyched that I can & will be playing VLR: Zero Escape through my PSTV...using my handheld systems are strictly "last" and "only" resort for me, as they're not at all conveniently, ergonomically, or comfortably-designed and/or configured with one-handed gamers in mind  :-\

2 more random questions -

1). Can any of you tell me what "batik" is/means?

2). Anyone here play "Theresia" on the DS?  If so, how is it & what's its story/what's it about?

foxhack

« Reply #3756 on: October 01, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »
Oh boy. >:(

Edit: I didn't delete the post, guess someone else beat me to it. First warning, I guess.

Edit 2: Also, normal users can't delete their own posts or replies to threads, starting now. I forgot to fix that in the forum settings.

WHY   :o

Have we lost our ability to delete posts after years of being able to do so?!

You guys weren't even supposed to be able to do it to begin with!

You remember that uh, kinda fight we had a while back, which we straightened out via PM? That's when I realized people could delete their posts, since you deleted your comment out of courtesy. I asked the other mods if we should take that ability away and they said yes - back then. I just forgot about making the change until now.

You can edit single posts you make, but you can no longer outright delete the posts or entire threads - that last one was the real danger. If a normal user deletes a thread, it's gone forever, and I really didn't want potential scammers to be able to hide their tracks by nuking everything they've posted, especially after that druaga fuck came and tried to scam more than one person.

So sorry, nothing personal, but you can still edit posts at least.  :'(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3757 on: October 01, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »
Oh boy. >:(

Edit: I didn't delete the post, guess someone else beat me to it. First warning, I guess.

Edit 2: Also, normal users can't delete their own posts or replies to threads, starting now. I forgot to fix that in the forum settings.

WHY   :o

Have we lost our ability to delete posts after years of being able to do so?!

You guys weren't even supposed to be able to do it to begin with!

You remember that uh, kinda fight we had a while back, which we straightened out via PM? That's when I realized people could delete their posts, since you deleted your comment out of courtesy. I asked the other mods if we should take that ability away and they said yes - back then. I just forgot about making the change until now.

You can edit single posts you make, but you can no longer outright delete the posts or entire threads - that last one was the real danger. If a normal user deletes a thread, it's gone forever, and I really didn't want potential scammers to be able to hide their tracks by nuking everything they've posted, especially after that druaga fuck came and tried to scam more than one person.

So sorry, nothing personal, but you can still edit posts at least.  :'(

I can follow that reasoning.

And yes - I do indeed remember our little tiff/altercation (read: me being in a shitty mood and acting like a dick)  :-[

That's kinda/part of what I liked about being able to delete our own posts...being able to remove things - like you said, out of courtesy, where if/when someone lost their temper, said something that they regretted & didn't really mean; it wouldn't be there forever.

I absolutely agree that this feature could be misused and/or abused -but- is just stripping it from all of us really the best & fairest answer/solution to a problem where 1 person (or the extreme minority of this community) ruins, costs, and takes away & ruins things for ALL of us?

Is there really no..."in between" way to resolve this?

Perhaps only being able to only delete one post at a time (or even one post a day)?

Maybe only being able to delete single posts & not entire threads?

Possibly implement it as a 'privilege'...to be earned and/or revoked?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3758 on: October 01, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »
I've deleted posts several times.  Mostly because I reread it and realize I sound like a fool. 

Don't take that away from us.  At least let us delete single posts.

If you don't, you'll get post that are edited to look like:

-------------

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3759 on: October 01, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »
I've deleted posts several times.  Mostly because I reread it and realize I sound like a fool. 

-------------

I agree.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3760 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

-------------

I agree.

It'll be...Anarchy!

davifus

« Reply #3761 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:56 pm »
Im somewhat in fault in this whole situation, so Im with them on  being able to delete post. I think a merit system or request system that temporary delete the post until a approval? (If that is possible)
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

« Reply #3762 on: October 01, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »
Is there really no..."in between" way to resolve this?
Not that I could find, no. :\ This board doesn't seem to have enough permission options for that.

-------------

And that's okay. I do that all the time (editing posts and sounding like a fool), even if I can delete posts because of the mod thing.

Again, you can edit a post to wipe it, but you can't delete it entirely or kill threads. But you can still "take back" something you wrote to cut it down somewhat.

argyle

« Reply #3763 on: October 01, 2014, 02:42:45 pm »

-------------

I agree.

It'll be...Anarchy!

Dogs and cats, living together - MASS HYSTERIA!!!   :o :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3764 on: October 01, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

-------------

I agree.

It'll be...Anarchy!

Dogs and cats, living together - MASS HYSTERIA!!!   :o :P

Euh, you might wanne edit that  ;D